Sign in to follow this  
Marcus

Four Dragons Institute

Hello everyone.

Nice to see so many fellow travellers and so much wonderful information.

My main interests are Taoism, Nei gong and Tai chi.

I recently came across a website called Four Dragons Institute that runs internet course on Taoism.

I was wondering if anybody here has any experience with them or could offer any insight.

The guy that runs it is called Patrick Lovitt.

Warm regards,

Marc

• Like 3

Hello, Marcus, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go. 

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Marc,

Great to have you on. You could try running a search in regards to that name. I’ve never heard of him myself, but I don’t get out much. All the best!

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

Did a search but nothing comes up.

He seems quite knowledgeable and affable from his videos.

A few weeks study is more than most do in China. Generally if you ask to be a student and your teacher accepts you, there is a small ceremony and you then become a priest. So not too surprised about that. Many Taoist priest are just temple caretakers with funny hats.

Peace.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 6:56 AM, moment said:

I am sure that there are those, long-time Daoist students and players, on this site who would be willing to share their ideas on the subject.

I checked on his site and then came back here to reread the posts.  Patrick Lovett, is a member of the Dao Li Jiao, an inner school related to the Ching Yi Kung Fu Association, founded by Dr. Her Yu Wong.  Back in the mid Seventies I study with Michael A. Brown, Dr. Wong's Number One Student, so while I have never met Dr. Wong, I have first hand knowledge of these organizations.

The Ching Yi Gung Fu Association and Dao Li Jaio, are both legitimate Organizations with ties to Taiwan and mainland China, and have included such students and members as the late Giovanni Maciocia, whose TCM textbooks have been the backbone of the TCM curriculum in English since their publication, and Professor. Jerry Alan Johnson, whose work has practically created the field of medical Qigong in the U.S..

When I last corresponded with Michael Brown he specifically mentioned some Daoist Priests of the Quanzhen school who were members/associates and were doing some excellent work within the Organizations.  That's all I know of the matter at present, but based on these associations I see no reason to be skeptical of his claims.

I hope this is helpful.

ZYD

• Like 1

Yes, that helps me alot, many thanks for the info.

I'll sign up for his course with more confidence.

Yipeee !

Very interesting looking course which I would not mind doing myself, 

How much is the actual course ?

Edited by Bruce Qi

It's $300 every quater, for three years. So $1,200 a year. $3,600 in total for three years.

Then, if you want to, three years self study /cloud walking followed by a second three year course. Not sure of the cost of that one though.

Adam Mizner is doing an online Tai chi course at www.heavenmanearth.com. It's $50 a month, but course contents are a bit sketchy, so not sure whats involved as yet. But will contact them at some stage. 

Sign in to follow this