on-ca

Hello from a noob

Hi all,

This looks like a good forum so decided to join!

I am new to qi gong and started with Ba Duan Jin with a local sifu in Sep of 2016 and have practiced each day since.  

Also started Taoist Microcosmic circulation since 2017 albeit from a book.  Yeah, I know its not recommended but I find it challenging to find a reputable instructor.  In any case, just taking the training easy by not rushing or forcing anything to avoid problems...

Anyhow, just shouting out hi to the community.

Sincerely,

on-ca

• Like 8

Hello, On-ca, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome on-ca,

8 Pieces is a good set... I practice something similar to it. I don’t do microcosmic orbit, but you seem to have the right idea by going slow and not forcing anything. The 8

Pieces Brocade, along with relaxing and letting the energy do what it needs can be enough to clear blockages and improve many things. 

Welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay here. 

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

• Like 1

on-ca,

We are all noobs.  Some have just been at it longer is all.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, moment said:

We are all noobs. Some have just been at it longer is all.

Hi moment,

he-called-me-a-noob-i-called-him-an-ambulance.jpg

- LimA

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Limahong said:

Hi moment,

he-called-me-a-noob-i-called-him-an-ambulance.jpg

- LimA

Always a pleasure, Lima, but, a red gi with an orange belt?

Edited by moment

55 minutes ago, moment said:

... a red gi with an orange belt?

Hi moment,

Vangaard-1.jpg

(-)

th?id=OIP.OCekawSrjvZeKC-PoXIBWgHaHa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

(+)

th?id=OIP.iPghGZwRw15Eso69vtyPcgHaHa&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

(=> => => ...)

e7b0e2a1e651ae5bd041de343c67fa2c--white-belt-black-belt.jpg

(=>)

red-kids-gi-by-ko-sports-gear-100-cotton-pearl-weave-gi-kompetition-series-bjj-jiu-jitsu-kimono-and-pants-m3.jpg

- LimA

27 minutes ago, moment said:

I still think it looks funny.

Hi moment,

Life without some fun can be woeful.

Life with funny moments - wonderful.

- LimA

• Like 2

at the very least, someone should call the fashion police.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, moment said:

... someone should call the fashion police.

Hi moment,

I have gone into hiding...

i-was-going-to-be-lynched-i-had-to-go-into-hiding-in-the-mountains-for-two-weeks-quote-1.jpg

mick-taylor-musician-quote-maybe-if-i-go-far-enough-back-into-my.jpg

th?id=OIP.BNK2D2JygN7yqDGaGStDBgHaJ_&pid=15.1&P=0&w=300&h=300

- LimA

On 5/26/2018 at 6:07 AM, on-ca said:

In any case, just taking the training easy by not rushing or forcing anything to avoid problems...

Hi on-ca,

Hope there are no distractions that have caused you any "problems".

If there are, the problems can be avoided by following the above mapped freedom routes (- - ->).

Avoid Harriet Tubman... (Correction - Do not avoid her.  Harriet Tubman was exactly the person you would want leading you to freedom.)

TubmanWOW.png?1412396763

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Correct errors.

4 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi on-ca,

Hope there are no distractions that have caused you any "problems".

If there are, the problems can be avoided by following the above mapped freedom routes (- - ->).

Avoid Harriet Tubman...

TubmanWOW.png?1412396763

- LimA

Do not avoid her.  Harriet Tubman was exactly the person you would want leading you to freedom.

4 hours ago, moment said:

Do not avoid her.  Harriet Tubman was exactly the person you would want leading you to freedom.

Hi moment,

Thank you for the correction. Your introduction of the 'Underground Railroad ' is my first knowledge of it. I have Google more on it since.

The Underground Railroad was a network of secret routes and safe houses established in the United States during the early to mid-19th century, and used by African-American slaves to escape into free states and Canada with the aid of abolitionists and allies who were sympathetic to their cause. The term is also applied to the abolitionists, both black and white, free and enslaved, who aided the fugitives. Various other routes led to Mexico or overseas. The network now generally known as the Underground Railroad was formed in the late 1700's ... and reached its height between 1850 and 1860. One estimate suggests that by 1850, 100,000 slaves had escaped via the "Railroad".

- Wikipedia

Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad  (America's Story from America's Library)
After Harriet Tubman escaped from slavery, she returned to slave-holding states many times to help other slaves escape. She led them safely to the northern free states and to Canada. It was very dangerous to be a runaway slave. There were rewards for their capture, and ads like you see here described slaves in detail. Whenever Tubman led a group of slaves to freedom, she placed herself in great danger. There was a bounty offered for her capture because she was a fugitive slave herself, and she was breaking the law in slave states by helping other slaves escape. What do you think Tubman did when someone she was helping became frightened and wanted to turn back? 

If anyone ever wanted to change his or her mind during the journey to freedom and return, Tubman pulled out a gun and said, "You'll be free or die a slave!" Tubman knew that if anyone turned back, it would put her and the other escaping slaves in danger of discovery, capture or even death. She became so well known for leading slaves to freedom that Tubman became known as the "Moses of Her People." Many slaves dreaming of freedom sang the spiritual "Go Down Moses." Slaves hoped a savior would deliver them from slavery just as Moses had delivered the Israelites from slavery.

Tubman made 19 trips to Maryland and helped 300 people to freedom. During these dangerous journeys she helped rescue members of her own family, including her 70-year-old parents. At one point, rewards for Tubman's capture totaled $40,000. Yet, she was never captured and never failed to deliver her "passengers" to safety. As Tubman herself said, "On my Underground Railroad I [never] run my train off [the] track [and] I never [lost] a passenger." 

Thank you for sharing. I have corrected the error in my post (on-ca ~ take note).

I am beginning to think of Harriet Tubman's freedom in relation to my own freedom ~ re my search for it in Taoism/Buddhism.

But I will do it above ground per a road less traveled ~ RealWay.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi moment,

Thank you for the correction. Your introduction of the 'Underground Railroad ' is my first knowledge of it. I have Google more on it since.

The Underground Railroad was a network of secret routes and safe houses established in the United States during the early to mid-19th century, and used by African-American slaves to escape into free states and Canada with the aid of abolitionists and allies who were sympathetic to their cause. The term is also applied to the abolitionists, both black and white, free and enslaved, who aided the fugitives. Various other routes led to Mexico or overseas. The network now generally known as the Underground Railroad was formed in the late 1700's ... and reached its height between 1850 and 1860. One estimate suggests that by 1850, 100,000 slaves had escaped via the "Railroad".

- Wikipedia

Harriet Tubman: Conductor of the Underground Railroad  (America's Story from America's Library)
After Harriet Tubman escaped from slavery, she returned to slave-holding states many times to help other slaves escape. She led them safely to the northern free states and to Canada. It was very dangerous to be a runaway slave. There were rewards for their capture, and ads like you see here described slaves in detail. Whenever Tubman led a group of slaves to freedom, she placed herself in great danger. There was a bounty offered for her capture because she was a fugitive slave herself, and she was breaking the law in slave states by helping other slaves escape. What do you think Tubman did when someone she was helping became frightened and wanted to turn back? 

If anyone ever wanted to change his or her mind during the journey to freedom and return, Tubman pulled out a gun and said, "You'll be free or die a slave!" Tubman knew that if anyone turned back, it would put her and the other escaping slaves in danger of discovery, capture or even death. She became so well known for leading slaves to freedom that Tubman became known as the "Moses of Her People." Many slaves dreaming of freedom sang the spiritual "Go Down Moses." Slaves hoped a savior would deliver them from slavery just as Moses had delivered the Israelites from slavery.

Tubman made 19 trips to Maryland and helped 300 people to freedom. During these dangerous journeys she helped rescue members of her own family, including her 70-year-old parents. At one point, rewards for Tubman's capture totaled $40,000. Yet, she was never captured and never failed to deliver her "passengers" to safety. As Tubman herself said, "On my Underground Railroad I [never] run my train off [the] track [and] I never [lost] a passenger." 

Thank you for sharing. I have corrected the error in my post (on-ca ~ take note).

I am beginning to think of Harriet Tubman's freedom in relation to my own freedom ~ re my search for it in Taoism/Buddhism.

But I will do it above ground per a road less traveled ~ RealWay.

- LimA

Not a bad role model to have.

1 hour ago, moment said:

Not a bad role model to have.

Hi moment,

Sure...

harriet-tubman-day-one-6-728.jpg?cb=1301158109

b25b5325371c84191f3745f3f0ce2001.jpg

social-contexts-of-youth-bullying-16-638.jpg?cb=1465407491

6b67dfee302797f3c56e0c4ed1bfc860--harriet-tubman-quotes-historical-women.jpg

bfef60eaf535e75bf523d5a8bf43abc8--harriet-tubman-inspirational.jpg

335e297b2ea6516b8fe23bed130f6670--if-only-heroes.jpg

harriet-tubman-by-delaney-12-638.jpg?cb=1392896932

Tubman_4.jpg

- LimA

14 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi moment,

Sure...

harriet-tubman-day-one-6-728.jpg?cb=1301158109

b25b5325371c84191f3745f3f0ce2001.jpg

social-contexts-of-youth-bullying-16-638.jpg?cb=1465407491

6b67dfee302797f3c56e0c4ed1bfc860--harriet-tubman-quotes-historical-women.jpg

bfef60eaf535e75bf523d5a8bf43abc8--harriet-tubman-inspirational.jpg

335e297b2ea6516b8fe23bed130f6670--if-only-heroes.jpg

harriet-tubman-by-delaney-12-638.jpg?cb=1392896932

Tubman_4.jpg

- LimA

Hi Lima,

Wow! $40,000 reward dead or alive!  What would that be today?  Somewhere around two million dollars?  She managed to stay alive and proactive with a bounty like that on her head.  Tough, smart, determined and most importantly--completely in the right!

Edited by moment
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, moment said:

Tough, smart, determined and most importantly--completely in the right!

Hi moment,

RIGHT on!

Walk RIGHT in...

Or walk RIGHT back...

I will be RIGHT here waiting for you...

- LimA

• Like 1