wandelaar

Taoist logic?

37 minutes ago, GSmaster said:

Thinking and writing too much never helped anyone to attain since the prehistoric era of dinosaurs.

You are trying to eat an ocean with a teaspoon.

( Buddha didn't think so. Neither did the Classical Daoists. )

Yes some people give up , they say ,

I am not capable of thinking , I am not capable of writing ,

and I am tired of all the smart people having gotten there before me ,,

but , but , I too would like to think well of myself !, 

to be able to have pride and dignity , and to make sense. 

Oh well,  :(  I will just have to eschew making sense. 

1 minute ago, wandelaar said:

Looking at Wikipedia I find that there actually is a Quantum Zeno Effect. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Zeno_effect

But I don't know how it relates to consciousness.

The posts of voidisyinyang generally consist of snippets of legit science haphazardly pasted together until they form massive incomprehensible posts.

Wow you are actually learning! Congratulations. haha. Learning is fun.

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2017/10/the-enigma-of-william-joseph-bray-on.html

So here is a self-taught dude who wrote a book on the Quantum Zeno Effect and consciousness. He contacted me once....

But the person I posted is a professor in quantum gravity - so it is a legitimate concept to connect the Quantum Zeno Effect and Consciousness.

I also recommend math professor Joe Mazur's book on Zeno.... I reviewed it on Amazon because Professor Mazur asked me to review it. haha.

https://www.amazon.com/Zenos-Paradox-Unraveling-Ancient-Mystery/dp/0452289173#customerReviews

Let's see if my review is posted.

No it is an earlier print of the same book -

https://www.amazon.com/Motion-Paradox-500-Year-Puzzle-Mysteries/dp/0525949925/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_sims?ie=UTF8

Professor Mazur does an expert job of giving the behind-the-scenes wrangling of conceptual philosophy which gave rise to applied science. What is the difference between time and motion exactly? If that question seems too abstract, this book proves the opposite.

Most college graduates assume that Zeno's paradoxes of motion were solved by calculus with its continuous functions. Mazur puts the calculus at the heart of the book, from Descartes and Cavalieri to Galileo, Newton and last but not least Mazur's favorite: Gabrielle-Emilie de Breteuil.

In fact, upon investigation, one finds many top scientists still studying and learning from the anomalies in infinite measurement. Regarding relativity Mazur states the wonder of absolute motion is that it "conspires with our measuring instruments to prevent any possibility of detection."

As Mazur points out "we don't measure with infinitesmial instruments" and so the perceptual illusion of time continuity remains despite the reliance of science on discrete symbols. With attempts at a unification of quantum mechanics and relativity Zeno's paradoxes reemerge with full-force in the "Calabi-Yau manifold." Mazur writes that the original concept of dimension still holds but now means measuring more by abstract reason than by sight.

Although each scientist featured by Mazur appears to have increasingly solved the paradox of motion in the end I think Zeno will be avenged and science will return to right back where it started. There seems to be a deadlocked struggle between discreteness (particle) and continuity (wave) in science and Mazur argues that indeed Nature "makes jumps" despite seeming continuous. But Mazur admits we are left with "splitting operations that can take place only in the mind."

12 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Looking at Wikipedia I find that there actually is a Quantum Zeno Effect. See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_Zeno_effect

But I don't know how it relates to consciousness.

The posts of voidisyinyang generally consist of snippets of legit science haphazardly pasted together until they form massive incomprehensible posts.

He's like a real bad case of the Owl in the book "Tao of Pooh".  I think he wants to appear wise by throwing a lot of meanignless words together to make some obscure point; it's hard to tell what the point is that he's trying to make, and the point is never proved anyway.  Here's an example of something he wrote.  Most of the words there, but not all, are understandable, so I can tell it's just plain wrong - I think bullshit is the proper term.

So by nano-engineering a single atom layer molecule graphene literally has no height to it - so that means it also has no wavelength - since wavelength assumes an amplitude as height measurement. So that means the covalent bonds as a hexagonal crystal lattice cause 1 electron to be free for each atom - of the six in the hexagon. So the electron has no mass since it is just a pure spin 1/2 charge that is delocalized - and so the origin of charge is from the virtual photons - from the future - superluminal charge.

Not only is his writing purposely made incomprehensible, but there's always huge amounts of it.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Thanks 1

The quantum Zeno effect immunizes the avian compass against the ...

by AT Dellis - ‎2012 - ‎Cited by 22 - ‎Related articles
Nov 26, 2011 - The quantum Zeno effect immunizes the avian compass against the ... Animal Migration; Animals; Birds/physiology*; Free Radicals; Ions* ...
by IK Kominis - ‎2008 - ‎Cited by 4 - ‎Related articles

Apr 16, 2008 - ... avian magnetoreception, the sensory ability of migratory birds to navigate using ... The avian magnetic field detection is governed by the interplay between ... The quantum Zeno effect naturally leads to long spin coherence ...

So again how it works is the bird uses the Schumann Resonance to create a Dielectric Medium - this is also how Metamaterials work  - so you have a logarithmic singularity since the electromagnetic medium itself is what is "bending" the photon and maintaining the measurement - to allow a zero-resistance non-local exchange of charge as information.

So with humans this is done through the collagen, the most common protein, as piezoelectric "meta-material" of the microtubules. The tubulin are then a logarithmic singularity so that the light is harvested as a broadband (infinite) frequency energy with zero time - but is converted to wavelength as reverse time (sub-wavelength) to that the charge can be harvested now as amplitude - Sir John Pendry goes into this. You can watch my quantum Spooky Action at a Distance playlist for details.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLaxpujmz7Q04oLrfclxSKYREJyb1xYb4w

14 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

So I looked at the last few posts. 

And I went back a few more. 

There was a statement that Lao Tzu formalized the I Ching. 

And a lot of technospeak trying to connect (what is probably the result of mystical experience) to modern science. 

And I ask: is there a connection, or is it just an attempt to validate the experience because of some unknown inner need? 

I think it is very unfortunate that modern science is here represented by voidisyinyang. Voidisyinyang is at best fringe science. Personally I think the general picture of nature in philosophical Taoism resembles the findings of modern physics. Not in detail, but close enough for me to be able to appreciate both philosophical Taoism and modern physics.

1 minute ago, wandelaar said:

I think it is very unfortunate that modern science is here represented by voidisyinyang. Voidisyinyang is at best fringe science. Personally I think the general picture of nature in philosophical Taoism resembles the findings of modern physics. Not in detail, but close enough for me to be able to appreciate both philosophical Taoism and modern physics.

Sorry buddy but I took quantum physics my first year of college by Professor Herbert J. Bernstein and he is now having his quantum telepathy technology tested by NASA for non-local 5th dimensional signals between satellites and Earth. So this is not "fringe" but rather cutting edge.

I recommend you read the book "Life on the Edge" -  it is a 2016 top science award winning book by Professor JohnJoe McFadden on quantum biology.

I was promoting JohnJoe McFadden in 2006 on the "top" science blog of PZ Myers, a biology professor at University of Minnesota. I was at Twin Cities campus but he is stuck in the boondocks - a farm town. But I was also promoting qigong and quantum biology so he banned me since he is of the materialist NeoDarwin mind-set. haha.

So I guess I was just ahead of my time - whatever. Qigong has been now confirmed by peer-reviewed science. I finished my master's degree by doing intensive meditation based my music theory logic insight from high school - and so http://springforestqigong.com said I had an "enlightenment experience." I saw ghosts, smelled cancer in some dude - through the walls - and also did a lot of healing.

So then I read one scholarly book a day for ten years to convert my experience back into science. Western science is not up to Daoist logic yet - as qigong master Yan Xin calls Daoist logic the "highest technology of all technologies." haha.

11 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

He's like a real bad case of the Owl in the book "Tao of Pooh".  I think he wants to appear wise by throwing a lot of meanignless words together to make some obscure point; it's hard to tell what the point is that he's trying to make, and the point is never proved anyway.  Here's an example of something he wrote.  Most of the words there, but not all, are understandable, so I can tell it's just plain wrong - I think bullshit is the proper term.

Not only is his writing purposely made incomprehensible, but there's always huge amounts of it.

Yes - it's completely useless to post such texts on a site about Taoism. Much too difficult! Further there is no explanation at all about the meaning of the scientific terms used. I am also an active member of a scientific internet forum, and I can tell you that even there most people wouldn't understand the posts of voidisyinyang. It would take me days to verify whether what he writes is correct. But as I have seen some large mistakes on formal logic and the foundations of mathematics already, I don't think it would be a useful investment to study his posts. Besides - as you say - it isn't even clear what he is trying prove.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Yes - it's completely useless to post such texts on a site about Taoism. Much too difficult! Further there is no explanation at all about the meaning of the scientific terms used. I am also an active member of a scientific internet forum, and I can tell you that even there most people wouldn't understand the posts of voidisyinyang. It would take me days to verify whether what he writes is correct. But as I have seen some large mistakes on formal logic and the foundations of mathematics already, I don't think it would be a useful investment to study his posts. Besides - as you say - it isn't even clear what he is trying prove.

You all can just chat to yourselves --- about me. haha.

Valeriy I. Sbitnev, Mod. Phys. Lett. B, 30, 1650329 (2016) [25 pages]
https://doi.org/10.1142/S0217984916503292

Quantum consciousness in warm, wet and noisy brain

Valeriy I. Sbitnev1, 2Click to send email to contributor

The emergence of quantum consciousness stems from dynamic flows of hydrogen ions in brain liquid. This liquid contains vast areas of the fourth phase of water with hexagonal packing of its molecules, the so-called exclusion zone (EZ) of water. The hydrogen ion motion on such hexagonal lattices shows as the hopping of the ions forward and the holes (vacant places) backward, caused by the Grotthuss mechanism. By supporting this motion using external infrasound sources, one may achieve the appearance of the superfluid state of the EZ water. Flows of the hydrogen ions are described by the modified Navier–Stokes equation. It, along with the continuity equation, yields the nonlinear Schrödinger equation, which describes the quantum effects of these flows, such as the tunneling at long distances or the interference on gap junctions.

2 hours ago, wandelaar said:

@ steve

I never said logic could take the place of spiritual practice, but people apparently don't read my posts but just emotionally overreact to the word "logic" as they previously did to the expression "rule of thumb". There is no real discussion going on. They are attacking a straw man.

See: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straw_man

(Oh good heavens, that's a link about logic. For Tao's sake please don't read it!)

Nor did I mean to imply that you did.

I am simply exploring the reasons why that resistance is there, not in others so much, but in me.

I've gotten away from trying to understand or influence other too much.

I'm mainly interested in what's going on in me as that's the only place I can make changes and grow.

I tend to be overly intellectual and in my head so, for me, the spiritual path has been largely away from logic and rational investigation. 

I do have a great deal of respect, however, for the power of logic and I'm very interested in the various logical fallacies.

My interest in them was born right here!

:D

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Stosh said:

IMO, The sutras factored Bigly , it appears, for Gautama himself , and they're all over the place in Buddhism ! 

Its only when one considers logic wrongly, that it takes ideas away from being a good model ... imo ,, then again ,

Much of buddhism may have gotten away from that guys original teachings , and so it would then be true ,

that in Buddhist pursuit now, that logic could be of little utility. 

It's alive and well in the monasteries, even the ladies are now able to partake.

• Thanks 1

“Since the first Qigong Treatment Convalescent Hospital was set up in Tangshan, Hebei Province, in 1954, the state public health department has overseen the establishment of 34 qigong hospitals….most other hospitals and convalescent homes across the country also have special qigong departments…China has at least eight magazines devoted to qigong research and popularization….from China’s ten national and many local qigong scientific research associations….Qigong researchers maintain that the body and nature exist as an inter-related and inseparable unity….Qigong was first used medically in New China to cure stomach ulcers. A survey of 1,000 sufferers conducted between 1954 and 1959 discovered that qigong is effective for over 95 percent of them.

Subsequent X-ray examinations showed that the continued use of qigong helped the body to absorb scar tissue, ensuring a complete recovery with no possibility of relapse….Professor Feng Lida….using an electron microscope…discovered that active cancer cells changed state when subjected to qigong. They swelled up then disintegrated and died….Other suggestions included a kind of human laser beam and an energy transporting medium….such a breakthrough will lead to a massive new technological revolution - perhaps even greater than the one brought about by quantum mechanics, the theory of relativity….It will reshape the entire human world.”

Beijing Review

, April 24-30, 1989

So there was a dude who read my posts on this forum and then he actually came to visit me - after he first traveled all over India and China looking for spiritual masters. He actually met Master - the pyrokinesis qigong master who died while healing - Fiang? Yeah anyway he said how he liked how Chunyi Lin did healing with love energy and so he came back to Minnesota and then Jim Nance http://guidingqi.com called me up and said I knew this man. No - but since Jim covered for him, then I let him stay at my place a couple days.

So as I sat in full lotus on the couch suddenly he blurts out:

Your eye balls are pulsating!!

That is the reverse of the Avian Migration - the pulsating is the ELF schumann waves as the dielectric yin qi medium that then bends the photons - it is the shen that pulsates out from the heart - via the pineal gland.

56 minutes ago, wandelaar said:

Personally I think the general picture of nature in philosophical Taoism resembles the findings of modern physics. Not in detail, but close enough for me to be able to appreciate both philosophical Taoism and modern physics.

I am totally in the idea that experiences in meditation can give you ideas about the universe. 

I'm not yet convinced that we can feel the nature of the five bosons and microtubules and so on. 

10 minutes ago, steve said:

It's alive and well in the monasteries, even the ladies are now able to partake.

Yeah, that really is great.,, for everybody !  A long time back , somebody said that Gautama actually prodded people to argue against his point , if they really were just not on board. That through the forge of fair discourse, sincerely felt , that this was the only way for him to find out what the reluctance was , what the real obstacle was , to whatever thing ,which to him didn't seem like it deserved reticence... was actually getting in the way of the person seeing the truth for themselves.

I consider this attitude to be one of the truly great attitudes of the greatest of thinkers, and respect it immensely. To stand strong and honest , wide open and exposed to any criticism , and yet be able to hold true to the veracity of ones stance without BS.

It IS very convincing,, and should be. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, steve said:

Great! This topic didn't answer my question, but I have decided to read at least one book on Tibetan Buddhist debate. There was also an earlier post on that. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

I am totally in the idea that experiences in meditation can give you ideas about the universe. 

I'm not yet convinced that we can feel the nature of the five bosons and microtubules and so on. 

22 minutes ago, Mudfoot said:

I can feel the little strings!

;)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So as William Joseph Bray points out - I'm rereading his pdf on Quantum Zeno Effect and consciousness - that consciousness is not a "mechanism" - so it is not some external experience of something.

The problem is that people get brainwashed by Western logic. I did not accept the Pythagorean Theorem in high school math. Of course I had to keep this to myself. I knew that the logic was wrong because the Pythagorean Theorem was from the wrong music theory!

So I kept that to myself but even in my first year of college I privately documented how I thought music logic could unify reality. At that first year I was reading the Tao Te Ching and also Gregory Bateson's excellent book on logic - "Mind and Nature: A Necessary Unity" - and amazingly the assistant of quantum mechanics professor Herbert J. Bernstein was reading the same book. haha.

So if you study the origins of math and logic it is proven to be from music theory. For example the Pythagorean Theorem actually originates from the Major 2nd music interval cubed or 9/8 cubed. This is because the 9/8 is derived as an "X" as geometric magnitude - since Philolaus. It is the conversion of linear magnitude into geometric magnitude. But this process covered up the noncommutative phase empirical truth of music logic (the T'ai Chi as complementary opposites at the same time in the 5th dimension).

So what Philolaus did was construct a double octave because the idea was to line up the 2 and the 3 - the prime numbers that are discrete - into a geometric continuum. Math professors will admit that the geometric continuum ... what was the phrase that math professor Luigi Borzacchini used?

The 'demusicalization' of the theory of proportions by Plato is shocking....If we consider the likely Pythagorean and Philolaic origin of the Timeus this 'removal' seems really astonishing!....Why these silences? And why this sudden and radical change? Why the Pythagoreans' silence? The "secret of the sect"? ....all the more because a purely negative result (speaking about "something which is not") had to fall under the blows of the negative judgement paradox. Such paradox forbade speaking about what is not....But a statement about what is not is about nothing and hence impossible....The refusal of speaking of "what is not" ...was the reason why musical incommensurability fell into oblivion...

. Math Professor Emeritus Luigi Borzacchini (origin of above Boethius image)

http://www.academia.edu/16496242/Incommensurability_Music_and_Continuum_a_cognitive_approach._Arch._For_History_of_Exact_Sciences_61_2007_273-302._http_dx.doi.org_10.1007_s00407-007-0125-0

I'll find it....

Well anyway - here is from a recent paper on Graphene:  So here we find the "continuum" as defined as noncommutative phase of spin 1/2 electron being in two different places at the same time - as the quantum ether. http://elixirfield.blogspot.com/2018/04/the-active-medium-as-spin-flipper-or.html

magnetic impurity. This magnetic impurity can be an effective model for a spin flipper or even a high spin molecule in certain limits.

The continuum contribution to the Josephson current is the collection of currents carried by both electron-like and hole-like quasiparticles outside the gap.

So I discussed this with Nobel Physicist Brian Josephson - we have corresponded on and off over the past 7 years or so. And he thanked me for sending him Lawrence Domash's research - Domash was also a Hampshire College quantum physics professor - where Bernstein teaches.
41598_2018_23517_Fig2_HTML.jpg

Free energy minima occurs at both 0 and π meaning that the ground state of the system does not occur at either 0 or π exclusively but is shared by both. These bistable junctions have a major role to play in quantum computation applications

So what we have here is the spin 1/2 - this is the noncommutative phase in action - and that is also the music theory logic.
So for geometric magnitude to be created as a "wavelength" continuum - the Greek Miracle origin of Western logic - then the subharmonic that is noncommutative had to be suppressed as a Lie. I call this the Lie of the Lyre - or the bait and switch wrong music theory origin of symmetric math Western logic.
So here is how it works for 9/8 cubed as the square root of two, the Power Axiom Set - so to turn it into geometric magnitude then the Perfect Fifth PLUS the Perfect Fourth = the octave. This is the first logarithm and then enables the octave to be evenly divided as equal-tempered tuning - the 12th root of 2 is then the 12 music notes.
So the problem with this claim is that the Perfect Fifth is also the subharmonic, at the same time it is the overtone harmonic - so it is 2/3 and 3/2. So this is what Philolaus covered up - and how? By changing the value of the One and hiding that he changed the value of the fundamental pitch.
The point being that pure time is real and does exist. And so through meditation we can resonate with negentropy - just as Schroedinger argued is the source of Life - in his 1930s book. He said the negentropy as quantum entanglement is what enables stars to form and it is also what enables life to form - it is reverse time energy.

"...superconductivity within one neuron could become phase coherent with that in an adjoining cell by virtue of quantum tunnelling, and this could be stimulated by the macroscopic analog of stimulated emission (alluded to before in connection with the mantra), that is an AC Josephson effect. ...At a more interesting level, the quantum vacuum state may be said to be empty (of excitation) and yet full in the sense of pure potentiality; it contains "virtual" (unphysical) representatives of all possible modes of matter and excitation in the form of vacuum fluctuations or "virtual particles" (zero-point excitations of each field mode, assigned one-half quanta of energy, due directly to the non-commutative property of the field operators)." 

Former Hampshire College physicist Lawrence Domash, confirms superluminal quantum sound as noncommutative meditation! 1975, pdf https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjM5fi714LZAhVJ0mMKHSE7BKcQFggpMAA&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.mum.edu%2Fassets%2Fcollected_papers%2Fdoma1975t1coll1-99.pdf&usg=AOvVaw05ezThp4NKd6QxdyXQi5rz
Edited by voidisyinyang

O.K. So I first sent Professor Borzacchini a math equation based on a dream I had from music theory - I mailed a scribbled note to Italy. He replied back that my math was good but I had no historical proof such a music theory equation had been used by Archytas. Indeed.

He calls this the "secret of the sect" in his paper I linked - it was not published till 2007. I wrote him in 2001 after I found his discussion on a math forum.

http://mathforum.org/kb/thread.jspa?forumID=149&threadID=382241&messageID=1177287#1177287

Here is it:

Continuum is not only inexpressible, but also external to the knowledge of reality.

and so on that forum in 1999 - we get tidbits from his later 2007 paper I linked above.

(

iii) after Dedekind, Cantor, Hilbert, Zermelo, Goedel, Cohen we know that
the Aristotelean and Euclidean continuum admits numerable models, that we
can not give to its modern versions a first order categorical
axiomatization, that the geometrical continuum can not be proved coincident
with the numerical one
, that it can not be empirically verified, that the
place of the numerical continuum in the transfinite hierarchy is one of the
greatest so far open questions, that it is linked to the most disputed axiom
of set theory, etc.

If the continuum has never got empirical nor logical evidence, derives
from complex processes of cognitive development and does not appear outside
our civilization, we can suppose that its evolution in Greek mathematics was
quite complex.

O.K. I added the emphasis.

Math Professor Luigi Borzacchini says this wrong music theory at the origin of Western logic is "a deep, pre-established disharmony" that secretly "guides the evolutive principle" of science.

A philosophy professor Oliver L. Reiser called it the "music logarithmic spiral" from Esther Watson's research - she corresponded with Einstein about music theory. haha. I discovered their Actual Matrix Plan soon after I finished my master's thesis and so it completely corroborated my own research. https://www.bibliotecapleyades.net/ciencia/ciencia_matrix43.htm

O.K. so ... but then I still had an error in my master's thesis since I did not understand the noncommutative phase logic yet.

So it was not until I discovered Alain Connes that my insight in high school was corroborated. Even Nobel physicist Brian Josephson does not understand this! haha. He asked me to tell him what I thought of his music compositions and the first response he gave me when I contacted him was that he doesn't understand music theory well enough to comment on my research. Then the last response he gave me - years later - was that I don't understand music theory!! haha. Too funny. But Josephson does practice qigong - so I hope that is going well for him.

6 hours ago, wandelaar said:

If computers and quantum physics are such a great thing (or even amount to "Taoist logic at work") , than why didn't the Taoists develop them way before western science?

It was you who wrote about computers.

You wrote "The irony of all this logic-bashing is that computers and the internet (and thus The Dao Bums) wouldn't even exist without the invention of Boolean logic".

So I just showed you that this "logic" you mention is actually based on I Ching and Taoism.

In terms of why computers have been made only just recently, when all the materials to do so have been on this planet the whole time, that's another issue totally separate from your search for Taoist logic.

We could say the same about almost all modern technological "developments".

That's why I recommended the sources I did. They explain that.

For example, before wondering about computers, take a look at why phonetic literacy itself was developed.

- VonKrankenhaus

2 hours ago, Starjumper said:

He's like a real bad case of the Owl in the book "Tao of Pooh".

Let's see:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

It was you who wrote about computers.

You wrote "The irony of all this logic-bashing is that computers and the internet (and thus The Dao Bums) wouldn't even exist without the invention of Boolean logic".

So I just showed you that this "logic" you mention is actually based on I Ching and Taoism.

In terms of why computers have been made only just recently, when all the materials to do so have been on this planet the whole time, that's another issue totally separate from your search for Taoist logic.

We could say the same about almost all modern technological "developments".

That's why I recommended the sources I did. They explain that.

For example, before wondering about computers, take a look at why phonetic literacy itself was developed.

- VonKrankenhaus

Hold on there big fella , I thought computers 'essentially' ran on diodes or binary processing , the logic of which is dualistic , on or off but not both , and so Non-dualistic thinking would only create a computer that could calculate only the number one.

And  ;) with words not being able to encompass the reality of anything,  phonetic literacy would amount to ,perhaps, a grunt. 

22 hours ago, wandelaar said:

@ Wu Ming Jen

So now you call them "scholars that dabble in the arts". Why dabble? Do you know them? This is no serious discussion, and I am not going to waste anymore time on it.

You are missing the point I have shown the activities of the logic school with in Chinese culture starting with Mozi and the application of Feng shui and the logic school the logic school is present in Taoism but they lost the battle of world view in favor of  the princible of Lao Tzu school of thought. The opposite happend in the west with the Greeks and the rational, logical mind to understand the world around them.

Your dear professor I do not disrespect. I am saying it is off key to actual development BUT now he is participating in Tai Chi Chuan after doing Karate his body will gain knowledge that he can apply to the philosophy of Taoism.

You pose a question in the OP but it seems to be preconceived because you already have an opinion that the logical approach is the best way and should be more of it.There I totally disagree.

21 hours ago, voidisyinyang said:

The laws of yin and yang do not apply.said WMJ Void disagrees with a long post. In that post there was some nuggets of gold that have been glossed over with the mind, mind over reality is not a great way to see the great mystery that is all I am saying.

There is only one way the laws of yin and yang apply and that is the physical universe, matter, a matter of fact. So what and the world am I talking about when I say they do not apply Hint it is not physical, maybe demi physical, has no mass but a direction.