Starjumper

Best Translation Of The Six Yoga's Of Naropa

The path of the sorcerer is the fastest spiritual path in my opinion, and that Way is littered with dropouts for all kinds of reason. My teacher says that those under forty aren't mature enough to do it, and it is evident that many over forty aren't healthy enough to really reap the benefits of power. The one that goes far is the one who can start young and tough out the hard spots. Those with ego which says they can do it and want to do it probably can't. It's the ones that don't know what they are getting in to that normally do the best. I had no idea what I was getting in to, not a clue. I didn't figure a lot of it out until after Mr. yueng retired.

SJ,

I am concerned. You don't have a clue AND you have a whacked-out ego, so what hope do you see for yourself?

I wish everyone the best but I think you might be pretty screwed for a while...

I have an idea! An enlightenment race! The enlightenment invitational! We can pick Taobum members (wearing sporty Adidas warmups of course) to train in each major school claiming super fast enlightenment and see who wins. Last one to enlightenment is a rotten egg!

I like it.

No problem, all the above references are about Yueng Chuan, the martial art. Mr. Yueng taught me Tien Shan Chi Kung, not the kung fu. Those lists are all referring to the Yueng Chuan side, which is being popularized in a way, the Tien Shan side has always been secret, at least until I and a couple others learned it from Mr. Yueng.

Also, and important for you to consider is that most of those people you listed did NOT learn it from Mr. Yueng, they are students of Dave or Steve.

Also, my instruction wasn't private, there were normally two or three others in my class. Sometimes we would be there for more than four hours in his garage exercising, meditating, and talking about stuff.

Tien Shan has only had a small handful of practitioners throughout the world at any given time. Mr. Yueng created Yueng Chuan but he didn't create Tien Shan, which is over 1500 years old, he was inspired by it though in his creation of Yueng Chuan.

It's kind of hard to explain why Tien Shan has always been so small, look at it this way: How many people want to study an extremely deep and involved practice for the sake of becoming powerful? One must first become super healthy befor they can become powerful. So many people dropped out when the going got tough? The going gets very tough, it's not supposed to be easy, we want the weak and unethical to drop out! I would have dropped out myself, like many did, but I persevered because I knew I would never find such an advanced master.

The path of the sorcerer is the fastest spiritual path in my opinion, and that Way is littered with dropouts for all kinds of reason. My teacher says that those under forty aren't mature enough to do it, and it is evident that many over forty aren't healthy enough to really reap the benefits of power. The one that goes far is the one who can start young and tough out the hard spots. Those with ego which says they can do it and want to do it probably can't. It's the ones that don't know what they are getting in to that normally do the best. I had no idea what I was getting in to, not a clue. I didn't figure a lot of it out until after Mr. yueng retired.

Dave and Andy and Steve Smith know me quite well and they can verify that I'm one of Mr. Yuengs Tien Shan students. In fact Andy wanted me to teach Tai Chi and Dave wants me to continue learning Yueng Chuan from him and I will be returning to him next week. BTW. Dave's classes are not open. Steve Smith isn't exactly my buddy so much because sometimes I would burst out laughing when Dave would make him fall down =) but I think we see eye to eye on most of it

Thanks for being agreeable to having your credentials verified. It's very important for those who may be looking for instruction. Nobody wants a bogus teacher.

SJ, The absence of hubris in your post tells me that you must have just copy/pasted this from Wikipedia.

Edited by Satori

Thanks for being agreeable to having your credentials verified. It's very important for those who may be looking for instruction. Nobody wants a bogus teacher.

Sorry, I used the word, 'can' as in could, it's not a request.

I'm not looking for students here and I don't think you should be bothering these people about it. Luckily you can't contact Dave, and I would feel bad if Andy started getting a bunch of emails. None of you live in Seattle so just forget it!

I have my students and they get fabulous results, it's the results that count. They didn't have to verify anything about credentials.

I think teaching seminars is a waste of time and money. This subject is too involved.

Edited by Starjumper7

I'm not looking for students here and I don't think you should be bothering these people about it. Luckily you can't contact Dave, and I would feel bad if Andy started getting a bunch of emails. None of you live in Seattle so just forget it!

I have my students and they get fabulous results, it's the results that count. They didn't have to verify anything about credentials.

I think teaching seminars is a waste of time and money. This subject is too involved.

Luckily we can't contact Dave? lol - I emailed the dojo a few days ago when all this started and got a nice response back from Andy.

I see now that you've edited out the parts in your post about Steve wanting you to teach an upcoming class and how you and Steve and Dave and Andy are such great buds.

I doubt there'd be any reason to try and verify anything further. Even though you are "not looking for students here" - you are still putting out information in a place where people are seeking information and instruction.

It's usually in everyone's interest to know how valid a source is. What you bring, even if it is absolutely bang on, becomes unfortunately suspect. I'm not sure that's what Master Yueng had in mind.

Luckily we can't contact Dave? lol - I emailed the dojo a few days ago when all this started and got a nice response back from Andy.

I see now that you've edited out the parts in your post about Steve wanting you to teach an upcoming class and how you and Steve and Dave and Andy are such great buds.

I doubt there'd be any reason to try and verify anything further. Even though you are "not looking for students here" - you are still putting out information in a place where people are seeking information and instruction.

It's usually in everyone's interest to know how valid a source is. What you bring, even if it is absolutely bang on, becomes unfortunately suspect. I'm not sure that's what Master Yueng had in mind.

The guy is a big phony. He knows very little and can only drop names of people that he is scared of people actually contacting.

Talking smack doesn't get too far in this day and age.

The guy is a big phony. He knows very little ....

Not necessarily.

He might just be making something seem bigger than it is. This is not the time nor place for Dao Fa.

Edited by hfd

Not necessarily.

He might just be making something seem bigger than it is. This is not the time nor place for daofa.

Still he is afraid of acquiring actual students (I don't know what fool would want to study with him), and afraid of anyone following up with his associates.

Not very credible.

About the race to enlightenment,

It is not enlightenment which is important,

It is what you do once you are.

Does it really matter how you get there?

People can debate the merits of this teacher and that teacher ad nauseum,and that is fine,

but at the end of the day, what have you accomplished?

Without power in them,

words are like wisps of mist,

Which obscure the path.

But sometimes it makes for fun reading B)

Are you aware you're lying? Why are you making this stuff up? I never said Steve wanted me to teach a class and I didn't edit any of that. I just edited some typos I had in there. Andy is the one that told me I should teach Tai Chi and that was like twelve years ago, and I did teach some Tai Chi, he can verify that. I didn't say we were great buds either, I said they knew about me, and Dave and Andy know me fairly well because I am a student of theirs.

I posted this stuff because quite a few people asked about it in PM, now I seeing why reasonable people avoid posting on the forum and why they aren't asking any questions about it here.

Still he is afraid of acquiring actual students (I don't know what fool would want to study with him), and afraid of anyone following up with his associates.

Not very credible.

I said I wasn't looking for students here on this forum. I get some students via referral and my website, they consist of university professors, university department heads, business owners, and research scientists. I have room for a couple more people but am only interested in people that live in Seattle and I'm in no hurry at all..

Steve,

Because I'm already a bad guy here, let me say that you are completely full of shit. Anyone who makes the sort of fanciful claims that you do is obviously self obsessed. Send me your stuff like you said you would. But I know someone who knows Jesse and will he vouch for silly bullshit? You insinuated and insulted without any evidence beyond the typical mysterious assertions. Did you find my background here? I'm real, make no claims that I cannot back up in person. No silly magic, but real neigong that anyone can fell in my body quite readily. I don't need a forum to discuss it.

Do I need post my address again? Otherwise it's time for you to shut the fuck up.

Apologies to anyone sensitive to this sort of talk. It's me and I make no apologies for it.

(Uh, I guess beyond that apology... -_-

Edited by Buddy

"I didn't see your background, sorry, I didn't look for it, where is it? "

Like you say, you didn't look for it. I'm real easy to find.

"before you start claiming people are full of shit maybe you should read the book: Opening the Dragon Gate - the Making of a Modern Taoist Wizard."

So you said a while ago. I read it about 5,6 years ago. When it first came out in hard back. I'm not impressed by fiction. So spare me your advice. I read the Kwan Saihung nonsense as well. It's bullshit, too.

"You appear to be pissed off, people asked me to write about my practice"

Not at all. I just don't suffer fools gladly. Maybe you're used to dealing with neophytes. I'm not one.

"I'm not sure if I want to share the radar hands exercises with you now, you are so hostile. are you really curious or is this part of your agenda?"

I don't care one way or another. You offered, I accepted. I'm not invested in your stuff. But here's what I'll do for you. Here's my senior Marus showing our sanshou. I have no idea what "radar" hand means.

It's a little fanciful, video wise.

Here's my bro doing Houtian:

Here's my teacher doing some houtian:( Marc w/the pony tail)

Your turn.

Edited by Buddy

Lets not attack Starjumper just because he may have annoyed people in another thread. AFAIK he just wrote this is my teacher and it's a great practice.

Are you aware you're lying? Why are you making this stuff up? I never said Steve wanted me to teach a class and I didn't edit any of that. I just edited some typos I had in there. Andy is the one that told me I should teach Tai Chi and that was like twelve years ago, and I did teach some Tai Chi, he can verify that. I didn't say we were great buds either, I said they knew about me, and Dave and Andy know me fairly well because I am a student of theirs.

That's right, Andy rather than Steve, sorry. Hard to keep track with all the editing.

I got your PM wanting to see the email from Andy. I'm surprised you haven't heard from him, being your teacher and all - which he didn't mention, btw, but sure could have.

He did remember you, though, from back when he was an apprentice. Andy said he wasn't sure what you might have learned because, "my study with Master Yueng was as an apprentice and private lessons so I don't know what was taught in the group sessions." He also seemed to recall that you helped Master Yueng by taking him to various events. It was a very pleasant and rather informative letter. I bet he'll share it with you next time you're at the dojo. :)

I have no need to lie or make anything up. I have no vested interest in either side of this battle other than a perpetual minor curiosity about the truth of things. It's been a somewhat of a pleasure watching everyone's bullshit meters going off their pegs around here, but that's getting old so I'll leave you all to sort it.

That's right, Andy rather than Steve, sorry. Hard to keep track with all the editing.

I got your PM wanting to see the email from Andy. I'm surprised you haven't heard from him, being your teacher and all - which he didn't mention, btw, but sure could have.

Andy is my teacher - a past teacher, but the kind of teacher you keep in touch with since we share some histroy and I've been planning on seeing him again to brush up on my Tai Chi and maybe learn some more Pa Kua so he's also my future teacher; in short, my teacher. We don't email each other but we see each other now and then. In fact I've been planning in seeing him within the week to discuss something with him about Mr. Yueng. Andy is Mr. Yueng's long time friend.

He did remember you, though, from back when he was an apprentice. Andy said he wasn't sure what you might have learned because, "my study with Master Yueng was as an apprentice and private lessons so I don't know what was taught in the group sessions." He also seemed to recall that you helped Master Yueng by taking him to various events. It was a very pleasant and rather informative letter. I bet he'll share it with you next time you're at the dojo. :)

Yeah, now he knows I'm an idiot for getting involved here. great!

Yeah, now he knows I'm an idiot for getting involved here. great!

But it IS funny how most threads gets lost in bullshit and angry comments by people misunderstanding or being too hooked up on their personal opinion.

It dosent matter if it is about Kunlun or Tian Shan.

But this is the charm of human consciousness. I hope you dont care, dont feed the trolls and keep posting from your own integrity. There are many people enjoying your posts, the so called silent majority.

Enlightenment is one of the early steps along the path.

Sorry but I disagree. ;)

It is the goal.

Just enjoy and persevere in your spiritual path and eventually you'll finish. :)

Edited by durkhrod chogori