Sign in to follow this  
cosmic4z

Hello

Obligatory new member post follows. Hello. I am here. I never quite know what to say with these introductions. How is everyone?

• Like 3

Hello, Cosmic4z, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Welcome Cosmic,

I’m doing well, how about yourself?

Tell me what brings you here, are you into Daoism? Or maybe Buddhism? Or maybe your just here for our famous tea?

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 1

Hi Cosmic.  Welcome.

I'm sure you will let us know what your interests are once you start posting.

• Like 2

On 20/05/2018 at 12:48 AM, Fa Xin said:

Tell me what brings you here, are you into Daoism? Or maybe Buddhism? Or maybe your just here for our famous tea?

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

Thanks for the welcome Fa Xin.

I'm more or less okay thanks. :)

I do have some background / training in Tai Chi, and other Doaist arts. Generally, not something I like talking about though. Maybe it's my imagination, but I often find people can get quite sensitive about this stuff; for example, "my version of Daoism is the true one, superiour to yours, and you have no business even discussing this stuff"; general brow-beating and bullying.

Anyhow, I can only relate what I know personally and understand from my own life experience, and hopefully have a positive, respectful and insightful discourse with the other people here.

• Like 5

On 20/05/2018 at 12:52 AM, Marblehead said:

Hi Cosmic.  Welcome.

I'm sure you will let us know what your interests are once you start posting.

Thanks Marblehead.

I'll dive in slowly. :)

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

Thanks Marblehead.

I'll dive in slowly. :)

Once you jump gravity is going to take over and the speed you dive will be determined by Dao.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, cosmic4z said:

Thanks for the welcome Fa Xin.

I'm more or less okay thanks. :)

I do have some background / training in Tai Chi, and other Doaist arts. Generally, not something I like talking about though. Maybe it's my imagination, but I often find people can get quite sensitive about this stuff; for example, "my version of Daoism is the true one, superiour to yours, and you have no business even discussing this stuff"; general brow-beating and bullying.

Anyhow, I can only relate what I know personally and understand from my own life experience, and hopefully have a positive, respectful and insightful discourse with the other people here.

Good to hear. I also train internal martial arts. 

And yes - I’ve come to see that the truth is infinite, and manifests through each of us differently. 

Glad to have ave you here. 

8 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Once you jump gravity is going to take over and the speed you dive will be determined by Dao.

Who was that famous Taoist who said

As you know, Dao is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.”

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, thelerner said:

Who was that famous Taoist who said

As you know, Dao is like gravity...all it takes is a little push.”

Not sure but I seem to recall something like that.

Spoiler

"As you know, Madness is like gravity... all it takes is a little push"

The Joker in The Dark Knight

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, GSmaster said:

It is a routine procedure, called punching trolling the newcomers.

Actually there is more to it than that.  Just like most forums, people join, become members and that is the last post we see from them.  We are just trying to make the new-comers feel comfortable so that they feel welcome and are more likely to mention their interests or make a post in one of the threads they have interest in.

Getting a new member to talk about their interests will naturally get them involved in discussions.  It is for their best interests as well as priming them for knowledge they may have but aren't sure they want to share.

• Thanks 1

Hehehe.  Well, you have to admit though, ilovecoffee is at least trying.  Doesn't matter if we agree or disagree.

Sign in to follow this