jan1107

Qi transmission Video

He could readily prove it if he could move me in any way.

That is not really the best approach to this kind of thing. That mentality keeps you in place.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but a better approach is just to just develop yourself and then see what happens for you.

None of what we do is geared toward trying to prove anything to anyone. That isn't the point.

People usually are pretty surprised when they do experience these things. This forum is sprinkled with them and our seminars are full of them.

Perhaps you could reverse your thinking and challenge yourself to prove how sensitized you can become.

There are ways to be truthful without being overly egregious in speech. :)

Buddy, I am rather sorry that you took nothing with you from all that reading from Osho. I cut you a break because you surprised me, but you really never replied to the concept of negative logic as being false, merely accused Osho in an ad hominum mannor. You still do not address the numerous proofs as to the physical outcome of beliefs.

Richard

Question everything! :D

Buddy,

What do you think of the Kunlun clip where Max is making people fall over from a distance, or have orgasms when he looks at them?

Since so many people here and suposively in these seminars get the bliss do you think its all mentally made frm the person or MAX has that gift?

WYG

I agree.

Wun,

No, I don't believe it for a moment. I'd be more than happy for him to try it on me.

Buddy, are you saying you'd be happy to let Max give you an orgasm by looking at you? :blink:

"If I had more time to waste I'd do a forum search on 'buddy' and 'prove it'...I'd come up with an amazing number of posts. You could at least phrase it a little different...or something........"

I'll try, for you, joe. But so far no one has.

"That is not really the best approach to this kind of thing. That mentality keeps you in place.

I know this isn't what you want to hear but a better approach is just to just develop yourself and then see what happens for you."

Well, this is what is always said. It's always up to the skeptic to "develop themselves"

so that I might truly "understand."

"People usually are pretty surprised when they do experience these things. This forum is sprinkled with them and our seminars are full of them."

So, if I show up at a seminar will Max be able to move me with his power? Or will he be surprised when he can't?

Please. I'd be more than willing to show up. When is he in NYC next and tell me I don't have to pay to prove to you that he can't do it. I'm in SE Mass, I can drive there. Or he can show up FOR FREE at one of my seminars in Boston and prove to me that he can do it. That seems fair.

"Perhaps you could reverse your thinking and challenge yourself to prove how sensitized you can become."

I'm happy to. See the above.

Richard---

"You still do not address the numerous proofs as to the physical outcome of beliefs."

Proofs? I didn't see any proofs.

OR,

"Buddy, are saying you'd be happy to let Max give you an orgasm by looking at you? "

Well, I don't know that my wife would approve...but what the hell-why not?

But that's not going to really happen because

A. Max can't do it...and

B. They are NEVER going to me close enough to prove that it's bullshit.

There's the challenge, folks. Bring Max to me or me to Max. I left it alone for the meantime. But...put your money where your mouth is, Max.

PS I'll bring a video camera, or won't it work on digital?

Edited by Buddy

It normally only works on close students. Personally, I don't see the need for that type of demonstration, for it will give people wrong ideas or wrong hopes. It will also attracts a lot of flaky students that won't follow through. Serious cultivators will see through demonstrations like this and their first question will be : Why bother? Only very few will "see" the connection of two people, and most will assume things that are not there. ;)

M.

But that's not going to really happen because

A. Max can't do it...and

B. They are NEVER going to me close enough to prove that it's bullshit.

There's the challenge, folks. Bring Max to me or me to Max. I left it alone for the meantime. But...put your money where your mouth is, Max.

Next you have to ask yourself who the hell gives a flying flapjack whether or not you get something proven to you.

I know a Shaolin master who pushed a person through a solid concrete wall. He asked the person: "Do you want to end up on the other side of the wall on this floor or upstairs?" You can trust ME, Buddy :D

Edited by Starjumper7

It fun to watch these discussions because there are so many realities that are unavailable to eachother trying to communicate. Its funny, but hopeless.

Human developement can be split up in three general stages; the prepersonal, personal and transpersonal.

The prepersonal depends upon emotion, intuition and faith. They are group-centered.

The personal are defining themselves, need to break free from the blind faith of the prepersonal. Mind, reason, logic and knowledge. They are ego-centered(not in its negative meaning).

The transpersonal transcends both prepersonal and personal. Instead of faith they have trust based on their own expereince. Instead of reason they have wisdom based on their own expereince. They are spirit-centered.

Its very funny how prepersonal and transpersonal very easily looks the same from outside. A personal-level person will attack both because he cannot recognice the transpersonal, only the prepersonal. A prepersonal-level person will attack the personal-level because he feels threatend by his independence. One other funny thing is that you cannot skip the personal stage in developement. And most people who believe they are transpersonal, arent. But everyone can have transpersonal experiences, and therefore it is easy to fool oneself in being transpersonal.

So Buddy, clearly personal-level person, your arguing here is hopless. All you will achieve is more confirmation of your own truth. Cant see the need for that :) And to all others arguing with Buddy; it is hopless. You wont achieve anything more than Buddy.

the kunlun is bogus thread moved now to the qi transmission thread.

how sad.

people ... just enjoy what is being offered.

maybe you can send some nice videos, too.

i was once talking to an ex shaolin student. i was asking him if it was possible to move things without touching and how to achieve it.

he answered:

if you want to move things around just grap them with your hand. what is the use of this power?

rather search for something to make people happy. maybe you can fill a room with a magic atmosphere and leave everyone enchanted and happy. THAT is an achievement.

in the martial arts one thing i think is very true: it is easy to learn to beat someone up. you just have to study very hard. but to really help someone from being beaten up from life and help him to regain trust in life. that is really not as easy.

i dont think it is important if someone can throw people around or not (my opinion). i personally think it is great to see but i am not really searching for this teachers as much as i used to. i feel the more happy i get with myselve on this path the less important it gets to gain powers or to be convinced by some masters if those powers exits or not. the little i experienced is enough for me to believe there are lots of things i do not understand.

lets just inspire each other.

there are so many peoples in your life to play that getting energy game like displayed here.

here we can display our skeptisism (that is even rewarding for everyone else) but get a little rid of this whole rude thing we see every day everywhere anyway.

Edited by jan1107

the kunlun is bogus thread moved now to the qi transmission thread.

how sad.

Its quite sad that any energy keeps getting diverted for stupid bs like this. My only intent in even replying to buddy's inane objections was to keep the skepticism constructive, which it never stays that way, if it were that way in the first place.

I agree wholeheartedly with SJ on this one - the majority of us really dont care about disproving buddy's level of skepticism. I just want to see posts that revolve around the topic of the thread as opposed to buddy's level of disbelief on the matter at hand. Let's be honest here - buddy, I know you feel a great urge to call a spade a spade in your eyes, but can you see there's better conversations to be had? If proof is what you really seek, then go on that journey - it will not be fulfilled here or anywhere on the internet, you know that as well as the rest of us. If you're not really seeking proof, then what is your intent with the noisome amounts of skepticism? Like plenty of us have said before, a healthy dose is very beneficial, but when it gets to grandiose proportions, it seriously just detracts from the forum as a whole. I know I've already wasted far too much energy on this. I wish you no ill will, dude - I'm just calling it like I see it.

"I know a Shaolin master who pushed a person through a solid concrete wall. He asked the person: "Do you want to end up on the other side of the wall on this floor or upstairs?" You can trust ME, Buddy"

Steve,

I trust you least of all.

To everyone else, I call it that way I see it. If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck...Now, I appreciate that all of you want to believe in these fanciful things and it's a neat little self congratulatory circle.

But Steve thinks Max is a liar and a "vampire". Others of you are with the Verdesi group (are any of them still here?). Some I guess are still with HT (or did the Kunlun folks scare all of them away?). And many of you are with Max Christiansen. I'm not with a group. There are people whose work I admire but I'm not shilling for anyone. Joe, show me where ANY of my objections were inane. You don't like my tone, that's fine. If I were to post, for instance, this particualr video on another board (say Empty Flower, or Shen Wu, or...or...) it's going to get the same reaction that I gave it.

Buddy, are you saying you'd be happy to let Max give you an orgasm by looking at you? :blink:

Never mind Buddy.......

Pick me!! Pick ME!!

Richard---

"You still do not address the numerous proofs as to the physical outcome of beliefs."

Proofs? I didn't see any proofs.

Well, the placebo effect has been established for over 50 years, so there is much to see if you will allow yourself to see it. One of the criteria for new drugs/treatments is that they produce a better result that of a placebo.

An anecdotal story is that of Ram Dass giving his guru heroic doses of LSD with no results.

I had not realized that you were a confirmed skeptic when I started here, or I would not have bothered. Unlike skepticism as I learned it in epistomology class, the confirmed internet skeptic cannot be moved by rational argument and no proof is sufficient.

As to the transmission video, if you believe in transmission from Master to devote, then there is no reason why that can't occur via video as well as in "real life". And I think if the devote has not yet met the Master physically this could still occur. My opinion only.

You stated that you would like to see it happen to you. If that is really true, why don't you go and report back on your experiences? After all, ifyou really desire the experience, or desire to prove the negation of the experince, then time & money should not be an issue. Otherwise this is all just speculation. :)

Richard

Never mind Buddy.......

Pick me!! Pick ME!!

Despite being straight & happily married I might be interested in this experience as well! :P

Richard

Edited by ZenDruid

"Well, the placebo effect has been established for over 50 years, so there is much to see if you will allow yourself to see it. One of the criteria for new drugs/treatments is that they produce a better result that of a placebo."

No, I agree completely.

"An anecdotal story is that of Ram Dass giving his guru heroic doses of LSD with no results.

I had not realized that you were a confirmed skeptic when I started here, or I would not have bothered. Unlike skepticism as I learned it in epistomology class, the confirmed internet skeptic cannot be moved by rational argument and no proof is sufficient."

Well, I haven't seen any rational argument yet regarding this video.

"As to the transmission video, if you believe in transmission from Master to devote, then there is no reason why that can't occur via video as well as in "real life". And I think if the devote has not yet met the Master physically this could still occur. My opinion only."

So again, belief is required?

"

You stated that you would like to see it happen to you. If that is really true, why don't you go and report back on your experiences? After all, ifyou really desire the experience, or desire to prove the negation of the experince, then time & money should not be an issue. Otherwise this is all just speculation."

Except that money and time ARE an issue. I've met these types of fellows, none of them have been able to move me. Shall I post more video that debunks this stuff? Would any of that convince the true believers here? I doubt it.

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

win,

"Everything requires belief. The last threshold to cross requires it."

Gravity does not require belief.

"Feeling and seeing what is real matters most.

Real is only what we have given our mind to."

With all due respect, feeling and seeing can be fooled.

winpro07 :)

The last threshold to cross requires belief -

because what comes next is beyond the realm of true and false.

Guest winpro07
:mellow: Edited by winpro07

I like Buddy's challenges because they are valid. I have nothing to prove, and hope that you find what you are looking for

Very nicely said - I agree with you on that, win.

Steve