Mikey_Power_Up

Can We Evoke/Invoke Our Dantian(s)?

I read Phillip Farber's Brain Magick a few times every year. He takes a secular, non-deity, non-traditional contemporary approach to invocation and evocation. In his frame, you can evoke/invoke almost anything related to your body or even constructs that you create. Emotions, diseases, desires and so on... 

Is there anything in Taoist theory that suggests that a person couldn't evoke/bind energy from their dantian(s), impregnate it with whatever (moar power, X form of chi, Y form of chi, a command) and then invoke it back into their body? 

brainmagick.PNG

Edited by Mikey_Power_Up

I don’t believe that kind of technique is in traditional inner alchemy, no. 

Its good your thinking outside of the box, though. 

My comment would be not to mix traditions too much. Stick with a method or teacher you resonate with. This way, if something does go wrong... chances are someone has trotted that path before, and will be able to fix it or steer you in the right direction. 

Or, you could try it out and tell us what happened. I’m both a cautious and adventurous soul, especially when I’m watching from afar. 

• Like 3

To my limited understanding that's what Mudra's are all about.  Linking a strong feeling/intention to a hand position. 

Echoing some previous posts, feels more from magical traditions then Taoism.  Not that the two are always separate. 

On 5/19/2018 at 9:01 PM, Fa Xin said:

Or, you could try it out and tell us what happened. I’m both a cautious and adventurous soul, especially when I’m watching from afar. 

I have other ideas like using a servitor to fill dantians for you. I tried the above technique with a time limit and it was an interesting experience. Continous jolty jolts similar to how when I focus on any part of the body, but automatic. I have no idea if it is useful or not. 

On 5/20/2018 at 9:20 AM, Starjumper said:

I've heard of watching your navel but I never heard of talking to it before.

The real magick, I hear, is when your navel gazes you. 

• Like 1

On 5/20/2018 at 10:32 AM, thelerner said:

To my limited understanding that's what Mudra's are all about.  Linking a strong feeling/intention to a hand position. 

Echoing some previous posts, feels more from magical traditions then Taoism.  Not that the two are always separate. 

Interestingly enough, the same author has an ebook where you use a mix of NLP framing, resource state creation and a bit of western practical magic with the use of self-made gesture to fire specific useful states. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

The real magick, I hear, is when your navel gazes you. 

Sometimes after a big meal, I think it happens...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

I have other ideas like using a servitor to fill dantians for you. I tried the above technique with a time limit and it was an interesting experience. Continous jolty jolts similar to how when I focus on any part of the body, but automatic. I have no idea if it is useful or not. 

If you can evoke a Dantien to fill, or create something to fill it for you..... wouldn’t you be able to just fill it without having to do the extra stuff?

I don’t practice this style of alchemy so I’m purely playing devils advocate here. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

If you can evoke a Dantien to fill, or create something to fill it for you..... wouldn’t you be able to just fill it without having to do the extra stuff?

I don’t practice this style of alchemy so I’m purely playing devils advocate here. 

It would be getting your cake and eating it too. I don't see it as a free lunch, tho. One would need to be able to create a construct strong enough to do it, there's a physical/mental aspect running in the background, the more things you attempt to do outside of practice would lessen the effect. 

On 18/5/2018 at 4:48 PM, Mikey_Power_Up said:

[...]

Is there anything in Taoist theory that suggests that a person couldn't evoke/bind energy from their dantian(s), impregnate it with whatever (moar power, X form of chi, Y form of chi, a command) and then invoke it back into their body? 

In the realm of magic, the limit is literally your imagination.

But what would be the purpose of this operation?

2 hours ago, Cheshire Cat said:

In the realm of magic, the limit is literally your imagination.

But what would be the purpose of this operation?

Cultivation 

5 hours ago, Mikey_Power_Up said:

Anything that can be cultivated 

I think that you'll have a hard time trying to cultivate grapes 

On 5/20/2018 at 6:20 AM, Starjumper said:

I've heard of watching your navel but I never heard of talking to it before.

No?  My Zapchen teacher once told me that after considerable practice (like say, 15 years) I might be able to ask my liver a question and get an intelligible answer.  Could a person just as easily talk to their navel?  I think so.  If I`m still chatting away here in 15 years (God help me), I`ll let you know how my organ communication efforts are going.  I think being in this kind of communication with the body is a fundamental skill.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

No?  My Zapchen teacher once told me that after considerable practice (like say, 15 years) I might be able to ask my liver a question and get an intelligible answer. .  I think being in this kind of communication with the body is a fundamental skill.

This reminds me, in alchemical Taoism isn't recognizing the organs as semi-sentient souls one of the tenets and part of upper level practices?   Like in Fusion and Kan & Li? 

Whether you use that paradigm or not, its probably good to have a sense of an organ.  Whether we use an eastern or western map, they are keeping us healthy and alive.  Sending attention tends to sent blood or maybe chi to the spot.

I try to communicate with my liver.  Usually its after a shot of whiskey, and I tell it, 'Take that ya slimy green bastard!

Edited by thelerner
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

No?  My Zapchen teacher once told me that after considerable practice (like say, 15 years) I might be able to ask my liver a question and get an intelligible answer.  Could a person just as easily talk to their navel?  I think so.  If I`m still chatting away here in 15 years (God help me), I`ll let you know how my organ communication efforts are going.  I think being in this kind of communication with the body is a fundamental skill.

Couldn't you achieve similar with HGA practice, just direct it to your organs? I don't know if I want my organs speaking to me, I wouldn't mind having a bit of medical intuition, like I think most ppl have on some level, but I guess alcoholics would do well having their liver yell at them, "mannnnn, you're killing me!"

6 minutes ago, thelerner said:

This reminds me, in alchemical Taoism isn't recognizing the organs as semi-sentient souls one of the tenets and part of upper level practices?   Like in Fusion and Kan & Li? 

Yes, exactly.  The po soul(s) are related to the Lungs, metal energy.  Hun with the liver, wood energy.  And so forth.  That`s my understanding, anyway.

• Like 1

One of my favorite guided meditations is from Minke De Vos, her Deep Body Smile, which leads you through a Taoist map of the body, taking time with each organ.  Seeing it, recognizing its unique nature and making it happy.  Culminating in an orbit. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thelerner said:

One of my favorite guided meditations is from Minke De Vos, her Deep Body Smile, which leads you through a Taoist map of the body, taking time with each organ.  Seeing it, recognizing its unique nature and making it happy.  Culminating in an orbit. 

I like to focus on each organ, gland, send it pleasure (make it orgasm) and think good liver, healthy liver, best liver ever-- Not exactly that phrasing, but more like "you are healthy and are great at your job." 

• Like 1