וt was days before passover

I buy this spesific wine.

I put it in the oven (it was off)

The israel PM got high heat

And was taken to hospital.

So the woodoo secret was reviled ☺

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

You think the prime minister's fever was because you stored your wine in the oven?

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kar3n said:

You think the prime minister's fever was because you stored your wine in the oven?

1 hour ago, Kar3n said:

No ... that cant be it, because the oven was off  . 

or maybe its a type of reverse thingo ..... if the oven was on PM gets a cold ? 

I'm not going to do any analysis of the Jimi  Live 69  though  !   :o

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kar3n said:

Thank God he didn't put chicken in the freezer! I shudder to imagine what would happen.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Put chicken soup on the stove and make it warm ... then PM get better   B)

portable-jewish-mother.jpg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

haha, well said. IF you can translate this video, find out what magic is serious.

Great stuff !   I loved the way it slowly built up to a crescendo  of crankiness and rousing    :)

If you want to know the   real   secret of the Philosopher's Stone ... I highly recommend this book ; 

514XRMQ07JL._AC_UL320_SR204,320_.jpg

If you want to experience the Philosopher's Stone yourself , I  recommend this

Spoiler

Marijuana-by-Juha-Ristolainen-via-Flickr

• Haha 1

Ah!  More magic.

Magic works only because of our lack of understanding of what really happened.

Black magic works if all involved believes it works.

Same with Voodoo.

There are natural processes that, if we do not understand them, may appear to be magic.

Wine isn't magic but it does make most people feel better.  But, it can waste some people.

10 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Ah!  More magic.

Magic works only because of our lack of understanding of what really happened.

Huh ? 

Magic works fine for me and I know exactly what is happening . But then again, it depends on one's definition of magic ..... doesn't it ?

Black magic works if all involved believes it works.

Hmmmm ......  I've seen it work on someone who had no idea what was afoot .  I suppose it could be put down to 'coincidence'  ( the best perceived  result a black magician can expect .... if they were silly enough to give away what they were up to ... but then again, there is that definition thingo ... this time complicated by the potential meaning of 'black' .

Same with Voodoo.

There are natural processes that, if we do not understand them, may appear to be magic.

Wine isn't magic but it does make most people feel better.  But, it can waste some people.

Its relative ..... what may be magic for  for me,  might not fit your definition  or visa versa

I always liked this one ;

"Magic is the Highest, most Absolute, and most Divine Knowledge of Natural Philosophy, advanced in its works and wonderful operations by a right understanding of the inward and occult virtue of things; so that true Agents being applied to proper Patients, strange and admirable effects will thereby be produced. Whence magicians are profound and diligent searchers into Nature; they, because of their skill, know how to anticipate an effect, the which to the vulgar shall seem to be a miracle."
The Goetia of the Lemegeton of King Solomon.

And  going along with this ,  the '4th  theorem' ;

" The first requisite for causing any change is thorough qualitative and quantitative understanding of the conditions. "

Understanding the 23rd theorem seems essential;

" Magick is the Science of understanding oneself and one's conditions "

http://www.sacred-texts.com/oto/aba/defs.htm

I kinda' like the first quote.  I rather call that wisdom though.

Yes, coincidences are often defined as magic.  Things happening in the unknown are often called Black Magic.

But then, people who are blind cannot see.

The basics of magic are the same as the basics of science , its just that a particular limited view of how nature worked (back in the past )  became attached to those basics, instead if people seeing how they applied to the new science , as the new science shattered the old limited view.

Also a few other things came in, like people thinking science was not quiet the study of 'nature' and learned from 'natural processes' , of course it is ... and does.   Gravity, sub atomic interactions, formations of solar systems  and herbal medicines are all part of 'nature'  :)   .

• Like 1

I remember that book from a loooong time ago .    'Lovely'  chap    :blink:

Although the allegations of him about being a serial rapist may be slander, he himself admitted   in his autobiography, The Invisible Writing,  to having denounced Nadezhda Smirnova, with whom he was having a relationship, to the Soviet secret police.

Thats a considerate lover for ya !   Jewish by birth, but not by practice .

he didnt seem to want  Jews or Jewish culture to be anywhere but in  Israel  ;  In an interview published in the (London) Jewish Chronicle in 1950 he argued that Jews should either emigrate to Israel or assimilate completely into the majority cultures they lived in .

Sign in to follow this