20 hours ago, Mig said:

Thanks for sharing, good resources and something absolutely to read

Hope it will be useful for many truth seekers. It's in French, but it's easy to translate using google translator. Notice the book "The Tao fully explained" by Emmanuel Rodriguez. His teacher Igor is 26 generation immortal and the guy really knows (and explained in the book) what the heck "immortality" is  per se. And most importantly - how to achieve it!

The next best is the seminar with Master Meng.

:D

On 5/31/2018 at 9:17 AM, once.yin.once.yang said:

Why truth seeker? What kind of truth? Does truth exist? And who's Master Meng?

Edited by Mig

On 5/12/2018 at 10:01 AM, Mudfoot said:

Sorry, but that is not true. 😁 

Open up any of the traditional Nei Dan books, and you can have your fill. 

I can have my fill of horse hockey?

4 hours ago, Stewart said:

That would be polo, and you can have your fill of that as well. 😁 

Your greatest gift is your ability to hear and then decide for yourself whether you agree or disagree with what you hear. My suggestion is listen to what people are saying, be as objective as you can, but don't blindly believe what people are saying, simply because they're "experts" or "been doing this a long time". When you have been doing this a long time you will have your own ideas of what is right and wrong, what is "taoist" and what isn't, however, at the risk of letting the cat out of the bag, there really is no such thing as a Taoist, unless you want to call yourself a Taoist, then there is such a thing. 

So to be a bit more pointed and empathetic, if you look at some of my earliest posts on this forum, I to was "seeking a pure Taoism" one that "was free from the taint of Buddhism" only to come to realize many years later that they are both amazing philosophies and the reason several billion people adhere to both is because they are symbiotic in many ways. One of the problems we have in the west is that we see things in black and white, good or bad, Buddhist or Taoist. This isn't really an Eastern way of thinking, they tend to see the gray, then the color. I think when you see the gray first, it actually helps you identify the color more clearly. 

P.S. Zen actually helped me understand the Tao more than Taoist philosophy did. 

Edited by Aaron
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, KuroShiro said:

He seems to be a Quanzhen Master and Vice-President of the Chinese Taoist Association, who teaches in Belgium and France:

http://taoisme.be/activites/activites-ponctuelles/article/11-15-avril-2015-seminaire?lang=fr

Yes, exactly. He teaches in Belgium and France - it's difficult to reach him. That's why I believe the files I uploaded are useful.

18 hours ago, Mig said:

Why truth seeker? What kind of truth? Does truth exist? And who's Master Meng?

IMHO yes, so called "truth" obviously exists - it's the realization of the primordial field. When someone realizes (not intellectually, but from their own experience) that they are part of the ONE/DAO, the fear of death immediately disappears. Thus they call it "liberalization". See "Gospel of Truth".http://gnosis.org/naghamm/got.html

That's why it is said "You'll realize the truth and the TRUTH will set you free"

That's why all practitioners (yogi, Taoist adepts, Christian monks......) that actually seek immortality are called "truth seekers".

I like how the author of "Everlasting life" puts it, quoting Can Tong Qi: "The idea of everlasting life has nothing to do with hankering after life. The truth is actually there is no death. Because there is only one single energy, only one force, not two." You have to overcome duality, non-two, bu er, advaya. (I have the whole book on pdf, so it would be pleasure to upload it here).

Again: it is not enough to conceptualize it intellectually only, one needs to experience it in vivo. Here all kind "methods" are applied and so many different schools appear.

Very good question, btw.

• Like 1

And here, especially for you, Mig, an example of a man (Bruce Lipton) that has reached this "truth" intellectually only and he is trying to "explain" it!!! I'm rolling on the floor laughing! He is giving very good metaphor but still hasn't reach non-duality empirically. He is so damn close! Only needs to experience it by himself.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2018 at 12:24 PM, aurum said:

Emmanuel Rodriguez "the Daoist" who gave me the book   "The TAO fully explained"  told me that the author Igor cheats regulary on his Chinese wife, despite that they had 2 kids and have big plans to immigrate to Canada. He even has a newborn baby boy of his Taiwanese mistress in Paris. Igor explained to his pupil Emmanuel that if you cheat regulary on your wife and have many lovers you achieve DAO much faster!

There are always periods of disappointment on the journey, the trick is to keep moving!

I responded to this posting and now I don't see my response. I said in my previous response, why migrating to Canada? Is it because there is a better living condition than many other places? Why that obsession of achieving the Dao? If all men are cheaters then all men are Dao? I wonder

Edited by Mig

On 2018-05-26 at 8:59 PM, Marblehead said:

Yeah, but there's no ignore button in real life.

It's called beer. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 1.6.2018 at 1:47 AM, Stewart said:

16 hours ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Did you ever find what you were looking for?  Some of us are anti-horse-hockey.

Ha, now I know how to get John Chang powers the easy way!!!

Shock Jockey - who needs the power company!

Edited by Wells
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

Wells, seems like you're as big of a gamer as I am!

Actually, I just love the characters, the designs and the stories of the Street Fighter and of the Bioshock (Infinite) games...

I watch high quality walkthroughs of the related games on youtube though...and street fighter II the animated movie was pretty good too.

Edited by Wells
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, Wells said:

The BS is piling up in this thread.

Wrong animal. 

It's horse, not bull. There are just some common denominators. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Wells said:

Actually, I just love the characters and the stories of the Street Fighter and of the Bioshock (Infinite) games...

I watch high quality walkthroughs of the related games on youtube though...and street fighter II the animated movie was pretty good too.

I grew up playing the original Street Fighter before there was even a Street Fighter 2 and played the first two Bioshocks because I no longer have a PS3 or a gaming PC, I just have a Switch and PS4 now. The Street Fighter comic series by Udon and manga aren't bad either. Most of those related games are right up my alley, and I find it's easier to use popular media of the like when giving examples of Taoist philosophy. Hell, before I got good at Zhan Zhuang, I used to watch playthroughs or tournaments of Street Fighter IV and Tekken 6 while standing. 

The Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie is a totally different experience after having watched it first in the English dub with the hard rock soundtrack to the original Japanese and music. 

On topic: I myself have had moments of disappointment, so I do resort to consuming video games, comics, and reading my wall full of speculative fiction paperbacks going back to the 1950s. My take is that I don't need to always get it or be in the flow, sometimes I just need to sit back and be a wanker at times because I don't have or want all the answers. Sure I get moments when I'm down, but I think a couple stories like this summarizes my view:

A kid I knew was a very passionate and fundamentalist Bible thumper. He saw a guy in his 60s buying a Nintendo 64 and a stack of games on a Sunday afternoon. Brice, the kid I knew, told him off and said he should be in church and studying the Bible. The old man replied, "Son, I have been a missionary for over 40 years and a pastor. The time for church and studying has already been a done deal for me. Now's the time for me to enjoying my video games. Word of advice: don't judge or think you know as well as you do with what you think you see."

Brice has since been a very reserved boy since then. 

Similarly, I remember a Zen story where a monk said he finds enlightenment equally in the brothel and in his wine as he does in the temple and his tea because it's all around us. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Earl Grey said:

The Street Fighter 2 Animated Movie is a totally different experience after having watched it first in the English dub with the hard rock soundtrack to the original Japanese and music.

For the japanese purists and in 1080p...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, once.yin.once.yang said:

Probably they try censure us

A couple of your posts have been hidden on the forums because you have posted it in threads where it misses the mark for being on topic. Your posts in this thread are intact.

If you'd like to promote infidelity as as means to immortality that is your prerogative, but please be advised that spamming the forum with the same link is not advisable if you'd like to maintain your membership.

TTC Chapter 12 tell us of the outcome of our caving to over indulge and what we should strive for instead.

Colors blind the eye.
Sounds deafen the ear.
Flavors numb the taste.
Thoughts weaken the mind.
Desires wither the heart.

The Master observes the world
but trusts his inner vision.
He allows things to come and go.
His heart is open as the sky.

http://taoteching.org.uk/chapter12.html

• Like 3

I have been walking this way for 30 plus years. I can still go to DDJ 1 to be inspired and to appreciate how much I do not know, which may be one the most significant things to achieve.
I wander off the path due to my own "coming late". I am now a stupid old fool who just done that yet gain. But I come again and find this way is still the same and there is no yea or nay, an emptiness that is endlessy full. I get kindly chided for "coming late" and things go on as before, embraced and embracing. I wonder when I will get tardy again?

"Coming late" is a phrase one encounters in the Yi Jing. It is not being present. Not being present for a moment or for a year or two means I do not see or hear what's actually going on. It was still actually going on.

You try to find "Sages" of a way that declares that  naming or describing is some other way but not this one, as if painted in big letters over the first "door" people often come through to it. Try not to be foolish. But even in your foolishness (and mine) , even if you flee, if you have come near, it may yet come again and surprise. Don't ask me how whatever "it" is does "it". I can't seem to get away from it, no matter how a hard I try to be not present. Even in my "not presentness", like a playful cat I find it whacking at the trouser cuff of my left leg when I thought it  was outside.

May I recommend the book "Dao De Jing - A Philosophical Translation" by a couple of old fool honkey professors of philosophy departments. The DDJ was first written in Chinese characters, you may need to know furher how that can be a many nuanced way of communicating. It may also help you appreciate the life enhancing richness on DDJ if truly wished to be helped at the present time - to try and be more present. To this end may I suggest more respectful dialogue with your many correspondents, not for their sake, or the Dao's, but for yours. But if you do not wish too, so be it, we will all enjoy yapping with each other around the fire.  

The Dao is in all things , without exception.

Edited by Anzhi
  • Like 5

7 hours ago, Stewart said:

no

Most people who watch the video just assume it must be a hoax.  It sounded to me like what you were looking for, a real sage and a real teaching that wasn't newage horse hockey.  All I can say is all skeptics that pursue it cannot deny their own direct observations.

https://vimeo.com/269359104

Jim McMillan and Kostas Dervenis were two Western students. Jim was the top Western student. Jim progressed faster than most of the Indonesian students. John no longer teaches, but we still preserve what Jim and Kostas brought back to us. People like to post links to instructions that have had all the main points of practice removed from them, be wary.

Edited by Ilovecoffee

49 minutes ago, Ilovecoffee said:

Most people who watch the video just assume it must be a hoax.  It sounded to me like what you were looking for, a real sage and a real teaching that wasn't newage horse hockey.  All I can say is all skeptics that pursue it cannot deny their own direct observations.

https://vimeo.com/269359104

Note: 

There is no access to the real teacher. The real teacher no longer teaches.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1