Lost in Translation

Can We Know Truth?

1 minute ago, Everything said:

Exactly, because how you feel is all about energy, vibration, emotion, however you call it. You go through life as an energy being. You are energy. You are not the sum of a couple of letters and words. You are WAAAAY more than that. You are an eternal non-physical consciousness, a small part of which is focused here in your physical body. And everything in this universe is all but energy and vibration. So why would you wanna think your way to the truth, if you can rather, feel your way to the truth. You act naturally that way. To just do what you wanna do, cause it feels better. You don't think too hard, and then think "Hmmm maybe I should put this pepper in my eyes?" Well, unless again, you would be feeling your way to that, and you would be sort of excited about the defiance and outragious idea of HEY DUDE" LOLOLOL Look at me I'm gonna put pepper in my eyes ahahahaha! xD" lololol

Sure, that can be part of the journey of life. But it happens naturally. Just for fun.

:) Maybe ...for you ...  but I ain't going there. I do not think I could muster enough power over my own perceptions to reverse the negative experience into a positive one for something so extreme as getting chili in my eyes. 

Are you saying you personally can morph a migraine headache into a restful repose?  ( and I mean , not to make it go away, I mean that you can actually like the thud of the blood in your skull ..)  

10 minutes ago, Stosh said:

:) Maybe ...for you ...  but I ain't going there. I do not think I could muster enough power over my own perceptions to reverse the negative experience into a positive one for something so extreme as getting chili in my eyes. 

Are you saying you personally can morph a migraine headache into a restful repose?  ( and I mean , not to make it go away, I mean that you can actually like the thud of the blood in your skull ..)  

You don't have to reverse negative circumstances, because your body already knows how to do that. Do you try to recover, or do you allow yourself to recover and get out of your own way. Standing in your own way, stepping on your own feet, is what caused the disease to begin with. So people sort of wait untill they get sick, and THEN they allow themselves to relax. And "Call in sick" Hey I'm calling in sick boss. I'm going on vacation! Hooray! I should get sick more often! =D Blessed physical extension of my emotional distress. That's all it is. You don't listen to you heart? Well HERE YOU GOT A HEADACHE BOY! Are you willing to listen now?! HMMM?! YEeesssss. Yessss!!! YHEEEeeEEEeesss! Now he listens! =======)))) He's allowing himself to be who he really is oh god this feels so good. And then the headache is over as you let go of whatever it is that you were holding on to that was causing the pain to begin with.

Edited by Everything

On 9/24/2018 at 2:55 AM, voidisyinyang said:

yeah you made a typo - thanks for that clarification. This is the problem with capitalism as well - bosses, managers, etc. give "orders" and yet are not articulate enough to put their concepts into words. Then refuse to have any kind of discussion as equals when it's the workers who are doing the job, and therefore know the details of the job the best. Communism was worse - with it's top down committees. But science does require a level of understanding to "play the game" so to speak. So yes I did take your words at face value - an assumption that I had no reason to question. You wrote external so I figured you meant external. For example people have their ears on the OUTSIDE of their head - so most people would probably think listening is an "external" perception. Another example - when people first began reading written texts, it was common to read out loud and so the internal voice was not yet identified as the person's "own" voice based on what they were reading "externally."

Yeah, I totally agree. We can only perceive what we are ready to perceive, or hear, or think, or taste, or touch, etc.

We are vibration, so if you are in a sense not capable of understanding that we're all part of the same consciousness, then me saying it, woulden't make any difference. As words don't teach, only experience teaches.

So you reach some sort of ability to focus in a way, to reach a certain "feel" for your acces of infinite intelligence, and the clarity that comes with it, you just feel it, and you have no way of showing to people, "Hey look I drew a picture of the consciousness that allows me to receive all of this amazing information, ask him anything you want! This picture will speak right back at you!" Yeah... It doesn't work that way.

We just let the experience happen. And we flow with it. And we just do it for the fun of it.

Like having a conversation of inspired idea after another, and both conversators feel better and better, up to a point, they are having the same thought at the exact same time! And then they think "Huh? But who thought the thought first?" It doesn't work that way. Everything is the same consciousness. Everyone is the same consciousness. Everything is the same consciousness.

1 hour ago, Everything said:

Dude, if Usain Bolt says he can run fast, does that mean that he's lying because you can't run fast?

Isn't Usain Bolt's running abilities empirically tested? 

Unusual line of argument here. 

2 hours ago, Stosh said:

Huh? While you're entitled to an opinion , on everything open to opinion , every truth being true- is true , logically speaking , -even if there is nothing else true. 

How can every truth be true? Let's posit the following two assertions: 

1) Inside the box there is a cat.

2) Inside the box there is not a cat.

If 1 is true then 2 is not true.

If 2 is true then 1 is not true.

If 1 is false then 2 might also be false. (Scratch this third line for now. We'll need a less blunt example in order to go there)

Under no circumstances can both 1 and 2 be true at the same time.

Edited by Lost in Translation

1 minute ago, Mudfoot said:

Isn't Usain Bolt's running abilities empirically tested? 

Unusual line of argument here. 

Well, it was ment for an unusual person. Are you an unusual person aswell?

What makes you a young forest troll? How can I become a young forest troll aswell?

interesting. I love discussions about what is, and is not truth, or can we even know truth.  for me,  I haven't a clue., but that doesn't stop me from looking, enjoying this grand adventure.   or as the old turtle said to the emperors guard,  "I am quite happy laying here in the mud"  LOL

5 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

If 1 is false then 2 might also be false.

You just proved my point. Under no circumstances can both 1 and 2 be true.

What is a "no circumstance"?

A non-physical energy vibration.

In non-physical existance, 1 and 2 are not just both true at the same time. They are the same thing. 1 = 2

The all is one and all are the one.

Edited by Everything

3 minutes ago, Everything said:

Well, it was ment for an unusual person. Are you an unusual person aswell?

What makes you a young forest troll? How can I become a young forest troll aswell?

1)Yes 

2) You have to be initiated in to the Temple Which Is No More. 

3 minutes ago, Zen Pig said:

interesting. I love discussions about what is, and is not truth, or can we even know truth.  for me,  I haven't a clue., but that doesn't stop me from looking, enjoying this grand adventure.   or as the old turtle said to the emperors guard,  "I am quite happy laying here in the mud"  LOL

Exactly, you look at what is not you, and thus you enjoy a greater understanding of who it is you do are.

You do are...

That's the best sentence I could come up with xD

You just proved my point. Under no circumstances can both 1 and 2 be true.

Oh... I see where you are going. Perhaps we should quote or italicize for clarity. I.E. Under "no circumstances" can both 1 and 2 be true.

1 minute ago, Lost in Translation said:

Tisk tisk. There's no need for ad hominem. 

It's not. 

It is my TDB title. 

Just now, Mudfoot said:

1)Yes 

2) You have to be initiated in to the Temple Which Is No More. 

Hmmm. Ok. Where can I find the temple which is no more?

Hmmm. Ok. Where can I find the temple which is no more?

You have to be a young forest troll. 😁 

Edited by Mudfoot

5 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Oh... I see where you are going. Perhaps we should quote or italicize for clarity. I.E. Under "no circumstances" can both 1 and 2 be true.

circumstances are "this or that"

But ALL OF EXISTANCE does not have any experience or awareness of anything, because there is nothing outside of itself. It is everything. So how can be aware of anything? There is no condition, no circumstance placed upon existance. And thus, it is infinitely free and fast. This is what you can call "prime radiant" the one and all, in a void, no rule, no limits, it is INFINITELY FAST! So fast, it can appear to be beside itself. At two places at the same time. That is who you are.  That is what everything is made up of.

Edited by Everything

7 minutes ago, Everything said:

3 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Tisk tisk. There's no need for ad hominem. 

1 minute ago, Mudfoot said:

It's not. 

It is my TDB title. 

My bad. I humbly apologize. Please, carry on. ;)

Just now, Mudfoot said:

You have to be a young forest troll. 😁 

Hahahaha. Well, then I guess you would be the only one who could show me. I can live with that.

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

If 1 is false then 2 might also be false. (Scratch this third line for now. We'll need a less blunt example in order to go there)

Let's make a more subtle example.

1) Vanilla ice cream is the most popular ice cream in the world.

2) Chocolate ice cream is the most popular ice cream in the world.

In the English language "most" is a superlative, so "most popular" means "nothing more popular."

If 1 is true then 2 is false.

If 2 is true then 1 is false.

If 1 is false then 2 might also be false. (e.g. Strawberry might be most popular)

If 2 is false then 1 might also be false. (e.g. Mint might be most popular)

So we see it's possible for both 1 and 2 to be false, but it is not possible for both 1 and 2 to be true.

Edited by Lost in Translation

A ) Sentence B is false

B ) Sentence C is true

C ) Sentence A is true

A  B C

0  0  0  -> no way

0  0  1  -> no way

0  1  0  -> no way

0  1  1  -> no way

1  0  0  -> no way

1  0  1  -> no way

1  1  0  -> no way

1  1  1  -> no way

(With 0 = false  & 1 = true)

1 minute ago, Lost in Translation said:

French Vanilla.

I just bought some of that yesterday but I am planning to dump some berries in them.

3 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

Well , answer me this first, Is the cat in the box or are these hypothetical possibilities? If the cat is indeed in a box for some reason, then regardless of the statements made about it , let the thing out of there !

All that you are demonstrating is that an assertion may be wrong , that it is wrong when it doesn't mirror the true state of the circumstance. 

To do what you are seeming to attempt to demonstrate something akin to the Schrodingers cat box thing , which is a false argument for the same reason. Schrodinger is thinking he can assert things that are mutually contradicting and somehow this would prove the universe is not in accord with itself.

I might as well say , B=A but A>B therefore I am a brilliant guy ;) 

( my old math teacher would probably have something to say on that note

Schrodinger was once overheard talking to his wife, He said, If I dont ever look in the cats litter box , I will never have to clean it !  To which she responded , That just means he shit somewhere else , Go change the damn litter ! )

Edited by Stosh