Gerard

Free Spirit books

https://new-birth.net/other-stuff/books-we-love/books-on-life-after-death/#facts

From the Seth teachings:

Seth Class, May 20, 1969:

“You must understand the nature of reality before you can manipulate within it intelligently and well. In this environment and in physical reality, you are learning -- you are supposed to be learning -- that your thoughts have reality, and that you create the reality that you know.

When you leave this dimension, then you concentrate upon the knowledge that you have gained. If you still do not realize that you create the reality that you know, then you return and again you learn to manipulate and again and again you see the results of your own inner reality as you meet it objectified.

Link: https://speakingofseth.com/index.php?topic=1068.0

Top stuff for those veering off from religious dogma.

First Noble Truth:

MIND CREATES REALITY

Enjoy!

:)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

That doesnt sound very Buddhist to me........................................................... :mellow:

Second Noble Truth:

You are a tiny sparkling speck submerged in an endless sea of consciousness.

You'll  experience one initial rebirth due to the duality of Yin & Yang, countless 'projections of your own consciousness aka rebirth dictated by that flow and your own state of mind and one final 'rebirth' where a full and final integration of your Mind with the Total Mind will occur.

Third Noble Truth:

You create your own suffering and happiness according to your state of Mind. A happy Mind will lead to a good destination, eg. Heavenly planes; an immoral and negative Mind will lead you to a bad destination, eg. Hell plane.

Fourth Noble Truth:

Suffering and happiness will end when your merge your own conscious Mind with the Total Mind. 

This process is long and slow. Your learn lessons (universal truths) and mature as your soul progressively goes through the total duration of the flow. Old souls are careful observers of universal truths, younger souls live in a delusional state and ignore them as a result.

Edited by Gerard

Hmmmmmmmm.. I found this on wiki

Set /sɛt/ or Seth /sɛθ/ (Egyptian: stẖ; also transliterated Setesh, Sutekh[1], Setekh, or Suty) is a god of the desert, storms, disorder, violence, and foreigners in ancient Egyptian religion.[2] In Ancient Greek, the god's name is given as Sēth (Σήθ). Set had a positive role where he accompanies Ra on his solar boat to repel Apep, the serpent of Chaos.[2] Set had a vital role as a reconciled combatant.[2] He was lord of the red (desert) land where he was the balance to Horus' role as lord of the black (soil) land.[2]

In Egyptian mythology, Set is portrayed as the usurper who killed and mutilated his own brother Osiris. Osiris' wife Isis reassembled (remembered) Osiris' corpse and resurrected him long enough to conceive his son and heir Horus. Horus sought revenge upon Set, and the myths describe their conflicts. This Osiris myth is a prominent theme in Egyptian mythology.

BTW... do you remember how many times Ive posted this image here?

1baeacab6b3cd6e4815eee5d36a640c8.jpg

Yes...the journey of the soul to the Absolute under the careful watch of the opposites (yin & yang).

Ancient Egypt was amazing. 

:)

Edited by Gerard

Fifth Noble Truth (the order doesn't really matter):

The Absolute Mind gave birth to the opposites (Yin & Yang) which maintain the whole of Reality in a state of change, balance and renewal.

Gerard, 

Do you know anything about “My Big TOE” and the teachings of Tom Campbell? The book is really integrative of so many eastern concepts as you describe here, that all is consciousness created by our mind that we will one day merge and/or are already an intrinsic part of Big Mind. He is a physics PHD so a lot of the explanations, metaphors, and learning strategies he uses come from western thinking and computer science but are anointed and made clear in an eastern flavor and paradigm. You maybe don’t need this “crutch” or angle coming from such a strong Buddhist background, but his teachings and ways of explaining eastern concepts I tried so desperately to understand from the East in sutras, etc are made understandable to me now and most impressive to me is now I apply his way of thinking reflected back on pure Eastern sources I read and I’m finally beginning to get some of it and it’s clicking in my mind.  The book is free to read on Google books. It’s a massive tome I’ve been working my way thru slowly for months chewing on it, digesting it, no rush, it’s all just there waiting for me. So freeing! I encourage all Bums to check him out. 

Thanks dear friend. I might check it out one day but practice is the best book you'll ever read. Being in Nature will take care of the rest.

We all carry within EVERYTHING: knowledge, principles, laws of nature and creation, reality itself.

Rumi very intelligently and wisely pointed this out a long time ago:

"You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop."

It's just a question of listening to ourselves which has been shut off from us from a very early age:

https://goo.gl/images/khGYLD

I sometimes have 'nightmares' from the schooling and University brainwashing we most of us been subjected to. Unpleasantly disgusting experience.

But one teaching I learnt in school, I attended a Catholic one, which are really value after all these years is this one:

"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."

(Pierre Teilhard de Chardin)

The French priest and philosopher was a Metal Snake.

Interestingly Jane Roberts was an Earth Snake, maybe that's why Seth channeled through her as she was an old soul ready to receive the teachings.

Thanks again. ;)

Edited by Gerard

Mildly off topic

The unexamined life is not worth living - Socrates

Curiously enough, I'm currently living as unexamined life as possible. This is quite unlike me where in the past I've always enjoyed looking deeper into life and it's mysteries. The consequence in my practice is that I've given up all seated meditations and during my ZZ rather than maintain any awareness of what's going on in my body, I'll busily plan my day or sing to myself.

As for my moving practices, rather then concentrating on relaxing or focusing on what my body's doing, I'm just shaking my body or swinging my arms.

Arguably it's just a phase I'm going through because, as I said, this is not like me at all.

Not looking more deeply into life is possibly how the majority of people live their lives. It's also not prevented me from having a qi gong practice, I've just changed what I do.

I mention all this in this thread because discussions about 'if it's the mind that generates reality' and whether 'we are spiritual beings having a material' are, for the time being, issues that my mind is closing itself off to. They all occupy a certain headspace that I'm currently turning off.

Hmmmm - not exactly sure where this leads me and this post does not really go anywhere, but it has been my response to the other nice posts in this thread.

On 02/05/2018 at 11:09 AM, yugenphoenix said:

Gerard, 

Do you know anything about “My Big TOE” and the teachings of Tom Campbell? 

The PDF is available online. Just do a web search for it. If you still can't find it, send me a PM and I will forward you a download link.

My Big Toe

Awakening-Discovery-Inner Workings

A trilogy unifying Philosophy, Physics, and Metaphysics

Thomas Campbell

Edited by Gerard

Yes I have the book and I read it on Google books at work 😊. I want you to read it though my friend 😃.

No worries man, the Seth Speaks book is the same thing really. But I'll check it out for sure. 

Have you tried Baguazhang? 

You'll see how quickly that practice will open and expand your Mind as long as you are fully focused on circle walking and not form training or martial arts drills which only work on the Ego level. Honestly there is no limit how far and deep the Mind will go. Endless. 

You'll see. ;)

Edited by Gerard

A bit of background info on Thomas Campbell:

Link

Born in the Year of the Monkey. That makes sense.

But to state that he has mapped and understood the entire reality...it's a very big and serious statement and too ambitious of a project even for a Wood Monkey.  I look forward to reading that part. :)

Edited by Gerard

I practice  Pa Kua Chang, love circle walking but also do straight martial/chi Kung drills (I donot practice forms, dont believe in them feel they are lifeless imitation) as well...guess I’m still encumbered by Ego but hopefully in a lifetime or a 100 I’ll find my way out 😀.  No rush it’s all waiting there for each of us, the universe is providing just the challenge/learning we need right now to continue to grow. I have asked you this before Gerard.  I’m a  Metal Boar.  Any info on that for me in brief or could u direct me to a source to read up on my birth year and type and what I need to look for to heal my weaknesses and accentuate my strengths?  

I hope u like his book, it’s probably not for everyone. It just totally clicked things for me like a missing key unlocking some hidden secret but that said it was for me, someone else may not be at that exact point that his kai shout or stick hit might open things up just right. The real value for me in it is as said I said it uses western ideas of science and computers as metaphors to understand things like Indras net, not every one needs a “crutch” like I did, and it really is helping me in finally breaking thru to some understanding. Just want to put it out there and share with anyone who it may help as well. I’m not at all saying it’s “the answer”, just a another finger putting the Way.  His writing style too is great for me, conversational with a kinda dry, sarcastic humor that is on mark with my way of being and thinking. Again not for everyone, some will probably hate it.  Much love my friend on your path and way. 

Oh and I plan to check out that Seth Speaks, I was just overwhelmed by all that info on the page you referenced and honestly a bit turned off by the “Christian” feel of the things I skimmed. I’m not anti-Christian, I come from that background (no longer a “believer” or practice it), but do feel that the three great world religions of Islam, Christianity, and Judism have caused mostly division and separation so far in its history, an example Christian missionaries are wonderful to help indigenous people with things like building and medical care, but they don’t need to be converted, they already have beliefs that are far more advanced and helpful to their society than the Bible, though most consider there beliefs primitive I consider them to be some of the last remaining “real” spiritual traditions. I’d in a heartbeat study a shamanic, indigenous tradition if I lived near one, but I’m a family man in the middle of Pennsylvania, perhaps one day when the kids are grown and have fled to the four winds I’ll apprentice myself to an Inuit shaman, my wife and are both nurses so we could maybe help the people with our medical training while I learn their ways...what a wonderful fantasy 😊. You never know though where ones path lies...I’m open and ready for what I’m suppose to learn here and now. 

Gerard,

I’m only on page 14 of 185 in Seth Speaks and I can tell you this is a synchronicity. The ideas and information is very very similar to that in My Big Toe. It’s somewhat unsettling to me but in a good way, a “weirding way”.  Thank you 🙏. The ideas develop quite slowly in MBT, so hang in there it’s a long book (not sure how fast of a reader you are).  “consciousness creates form, it is not the other way around”. That’s it in a nutshell. Looking for a quote to match it in MBT, but need to attend to my daughters diaper 😂. There’s reality for you I guess..

• Like 1

On 5/8/2018 at 12:58 AM, yugenphoenix said:

I’m a  Metal Boar.  Any info on that for me in brief or could u direct me to a source to read up on my birth year and type and what I need to look for to heal my weaknesses and accentuate my strengths?  

The best book written on 5E Astrology is this one:

The Handbook of Chinese Horoscopes Paperback by Theodora Lau

Obviously sourced from traditional Chinese Feng Shui circles.

Check with your local library if you don't want to purchase it.

About your Ba Zi (natal chart), here's a basic reading:

Link

A more comprehensive analysis requires paying for it. This is not given for free, unfortunately.

Good luck :)

• Thanks 1