Satori

Tao Bums conspirators

Pretty soon I will be done with my kunlun presentation.

I think the difficulties started on this forum before I arrived and they started due to it becoming a kunlun forum. Basically it is turning into an inexperienced vs. experienced situation. I know there are many deaf ears to it and I will lose the battle, so hopefully I can at least piss some of them off :)

I found this to be an interesting approach to forum interaction.

This guy Starjumper7 is allowed to come into this forum and just shit on everyone here for the fun of it. Just because he doesn't understand something.

He doesn't actually care about real debate, he cannot speak from any sort of experience in his criticisms and so resorts to complete fabrication and slander to try to undercut a practice that is, based on your testimonials, apparently very effective.

Who sent this guy?

Actually his association with Taomeow is interesting. Perhaps she nudged him into the forum because she didn't like the interest level that was shown by those practicing this Kunlun.

Who knows, it is weird.

Either way this man has made a fool out of himself and her.

It is just agenda-based negative spin. It's an attempt to turn an intelligent discussion into Us magazine.

I am surprised Sean allowed this blatant attempt to degrade his wonderful forum.

Too easy to make StarJumper the scapegoat, methinks.

There was conflict about the way Kunlun was being put forward on this board, before he came along.

My first ever irritable post here was toward a kunlun devotee who was - to my - mind- acting like a snarling guard dog standing over Kunlun/Max C, fending off any debate not worshipful in tone.

There has to be a reason that this desire to provoke Kunlun/it's devotees has arisen.

At root it is a healthy desire for kunlun to assume it's proper place in the scheme of things. What that place is, is in debate.

I agree with cat. The way Kunlun has been marketed raised some hackles and set off some warnings sirens among some of us on this forum. Others have jumped in and loved the practice. I made some pretty strong comments about it as it first gained momentum. Those involved in it were quite sensitive to any and all criticism and, overall, remain a bit sensitive to criticism even now. I understand that feeling as I get defensive about my practices as well. We all want to feel that what we are committing our time and resources to is worthwhile and legitimate. As a result, after I said my piece, I let it go. Eventually other legitmate contributors will probably do the same...

Starjumper7...... Taomeow......

Lets be nice to each other. We shouldn't judge someone because they want to share their personal view. Everyone deserves compassion and kindness. :)

Lets be nice to each other. We shouldn't judge someone because they want to share their personal view. Everyone deserves compassion and kindness. :)

Even Lawyers?!- I am aghast at such an assumption, even lawyers... I just don't get that concept...Everyone? My god what are you thinking?

you do mean everyone, right, even lawyers...?!

naw it just couldn't be so... :blink:

Even Lawyers?!- I am aghast at such an assumption, even lawyers... I just don't get that concept...Everyone? My god what are you thinking?

you do mean everyone, right, even lawyers...?!

naw it just couldn't be so... :blink:

:blink:

I know it's hard especially when names like Bush, Giuliani, Cheney, Clinton, etc come into play...

Also doctors that knowingly pass poisons as medicine. Or bankers with a license to print money and ruin this country.

The list is big. Nonetheless, we make it. It's really hard to let it go- all we need is to watch the news and some shyt is always there to piss us off. Like the recent law being passed to ban possession of any chemical/radiation detection device unless you get a permit from the local government in NYC. Their excuse is too many calls reporting high chemical/radiation levels and most of them are "false".

I was passing by WTC grounds with Plato and another friend and we were talking how "nothing" has been built after almost 7 years. Meanwhile the security is very tight in that area and there are special equipment brought in to work underground. Nothing to do with the building the foundation, though. Our theory is it is going to be a portal in a way of a stargate, like in "Stargate" from the TV show. Concidering, the 3,000 souls were sacrifised to open it, and they are building the new building right in between. They also approved a new memorial to be finished by 2011 that has nothing to do with what happened to victims of 9/11. I mean why would they build a memorial to a sacrificial cattle.

Yes... a lot of things the mind wants to dwell on.

qUvSqY3po24

Being nice, no mater how someone else is behaving is the greatest catalyst for harmony. It creates a resonance with the dormant 'niceness' within them and ellicits it to awaken.

If anyone can hear it, listen to what Max (smile) said here:

Our anger, frustration, agitation is never the fault of someone or something else.

Those who want to ignore it will ignore it, and come up with every excuse. But, the universal law remains, no matter what our minds and egos might prefer.

Buddha says this, today, right now :-

"even if everyone else is not doing good,

i alone will.

Even if everyone is doing wrong,

i alone will not."

"In this world

hate never yet dispelled hate

only love dispells hate

this is the law

ancient and inexhaustible.

you too shall pass away

knowing this, how can you quarrel?"

..... speaking to that which is inherent within everyone that knows this truth to be so.........

Edited by mat black

"In this world

hate never yet dispelled hate

only love dispells hate

this is the law

ancient and inexhaustible.

you too shall pass away

knowing this, how can you quarrel?"

..... speaking to that which is inherent within everyone that knows this truth to be so.........

these words are true, yet people quarrel, over many matters, great & small

You seem to have a quarrel with quarreling itself, this may be a step forward in your conscious mind but it may also negate a part of yr psyche that needs to be addressed,,, :mellow:

Taoism is not Buddhism, in that we do not place halves of emotive componants such as love/hate or even pacivity/violence in such hierarchical terms. We of course, do know which are preferable for furthering our inner strengths and creating a world of harmony...

I for one know that even violence has a place in my world and I do not place myself aside or above the world in which I live...I will remove myself from situations that are not harmonious when able to do so, but in cases where such movement isn't possible I do what I can to bring harmony back into place...

There is no inherent value in these differentiations for me, only personal preferences as it were -each has a place in the cosmic whole we call life...

that was an interesting video to watch...but it sounded like the guy was just grasping for straws most of the time.

many assumptions

Guest winpro07

This is only a forum. KunLun is very old. Thousands practice. Star made an ass of him self. His intent was to prevent people form finding KunLun by enforcing negatives about it. All that he has stated is entirely fabricated. People fear change. The greater the change the greater thier fears.

Too easy to make StarJumper the scapegoat, methinks.

There was conflict about the way Kunlun was being put forward on this board, before he came along.

My first ever irritable post here was toward a kunlun devotee who was - to my - mind- acting like a snarling guard dog standing over Kunlun/Max C, fending off any debate not worshipful in tone.

There has to be a reason that this desire to provoke Kunlun/it's devotees has arisen.

At root it is a healthy desire for kunlun to assume it's proper place in the scheme of things. What that place is, is in debate.

The reaction to Kunlun has been interesting. People seem to either love it or really dislike it.

My feeling is that it's best to respect other's views. But that implied in this respect is that they represent themselves with good manners or atleast don't be blatantly hostile themselves.

It's difficult. This is the internet. I have got sucked into the online Tao wars atleast once or twice and they could have easily been avoided with just some basic courtesy.

I mean, it sounds obvious. If you think a teacher or practice is bogus just say so. I think teacher X teaching practice Y is bogus. Here is my reasoning. Thank you, goodbye.

Once you state your opinion it's said and done. Everyone reading the site knows where you stand. I think to take it beyond that is getting into hostile and unfriendly territory and not respecting the overall harmony of the community.

I don't know, alot of it seems like common sense, just respect others. If you disagree you can still disagree with respect. Is it any mystery the few people who disrepect others in almost every post in turn get disrespected?

Treat others as you would like to be treated etc. Maybe you have something good to say or helpful but it's hard to hear what you are saying with an ego so loud.

Cam