Cameron

Magnetic Mind Power

Matt Furey's course Magnetic Mind Power states that each person is a living magnet. We attract the people, opportunities and situations that are in line with our dominant thoughts and actions.

The idea is to have specific goals that you want to accomllish. When you have found what your goals are and done visualizations and used the mental laws Furey talks about, the goals will be accomplished. I don't know if any of you Taobums are even into Furey but he has been on of my major teachers/influences over the past few years. anyone have his program and want to comment on there experiences or the idea in gernal that you "magnetize" what you want to you when you follow certain mental laws?

Hey Sexy,

I've heard that the Mind Power program is very good. Plato would lend you his copy. I understand that it's pretty compatible with all the positive thinking stuff available on amazon for fifty sense a book. He probably throws in a breathing practice to do while doing an affirmation or something along those lines. If you get it, please review.

-Yoda

Yodmeister,

I got it years ago. Just wanted to see what others experiences and stuff were .if you have Gama it's basically an expanded version of chapter 1 Begin With The End In Mind and the importance of specific goals for success.

Hey Yodster!

Where did you hang out when you lived in Phx? I usually just go to Scottsdale or Mill ave but was wondering what else is around from someone who has spent alot of time out here . How about weekend or day trips? I love Sedona and the vibes but would like to check out some other spots when I have time. anywhere you receomend?

I owned Gama for a bit. I have the original psychocybernetics around somewhere. I'll flip through it again when it surfaces.

My take on all the new age, positive thinking stuff is that there is a key secret ingredient that all the positive thinking masters were blessed with, but many others must work to develop... you gotta feel good about the desire in question. If you are consistently excited about it and jazzed, it's gotta come to you. If one's emotions tilt towards fear or despair then nothing good can come.

It's challenging to get past our negativities and that's where Bodri type meditation comes in handy--it's easier to stop thinking than it is to think positively. When you stop thinking you stop jamming the signal and allow a bit of the answer to come.

jmho,

Yoda

Furey talks alot about that. You first need to get the FEELING of what your trying to accomplish. Not just want it but really get the vibe of what it feels like and see yourself having already accomplished it. He says that is what he used to Win during his wrestling days and also to Win that Title in China.

Definitely get an Arizona Gazetteer. Arizona is fun to cruise about. Fey canyon in Sedona is bitchin. Great vibe and not overly popular. I've camped all the way at the very end, up and to the right is a cool perch. I think the trail stops just a bit before that.

Squaw Peak (they renamed it to something else recently) is one of the top four oldest rock formations in existence on the surface of the planet. Very old, very hard, very powerful rock--meditate there and let me know what you think. What the hell, watch the sunset too. The rock of Camelback and the Tempee area is nothing like it, so don't worry about them.

Deer Falls on the north slope of the Grand Canyon is a must hike too. Give yourself a full day at the bottom to enjoy it.

The guitar player for the Reign Kings is my childhood pal. They play in the Tempee area. Governor Janet is a family friend, but not close enough to bail you out of shit so try to behave.

That's the tour! Thanks for inspiring many pleasant memories!

-Yoda

don't know about that particular dude or his training, there are a lot of people doing this kind of stuff lately.

but i have been realising slowly how much we really do create our own reality.... its quite cool. im just creating it myself now, seeing how it goes.... i manifested the job i needed the other day... perfect.

Hang out in the Superstition Mountains. Hike Camelback... Lessee, I used to hang out at the Gentle Strength Co-op for some reason... Also if you are into primitive skills, there's a really cool group called S.A.L.T. that meets there, and also a lot of flintknappers.

Or come to Tucson, it's ALL right there!

Where did you hang out when you lived in Phx? I usually just go to Scottsdale or Mill ave but was wondering what else is around from someone who has spent alot of time out here . How about weekend or day trips? I love Sedona and the vibes but would like to check out some other spots when I have time. anywhere you receomend?

3152[/snapback]

Gentle Strength Co op..LOL LOZEN! I go there all the time especially when I went to ASU last semester. The Gym I did Brazillian Jui Jitsu at was across the street and there is an Aikido school there too.

I have hiked Camelback a couple times and it's nice to watch sunsets there. Tuscon is nice and I told you I would like to check it out when I have time...

Okay, so it was just a reminder. :) Don't remember if I told you or not, but if you do go you HAVE to check out Seven Cups. www.sevencups.com and http://www.sevencups.com/tucson-tea-house.php

It is straight out of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

I have hiked Camelback a couple times and it's nice to watch sunsets there. Tuscon is nice and I told you I would like to check it out when I have time...

3161[/snapback]

:)

Neimad,

Congrats on that! Just like "all diets work" all positive thinking methods work too, but it can be a trick to learn how to fire them up! It's my understanding that as one progresses in chikung, meditation, etc, many of the thought patterns taught by those books becomes second nature and good stuff manifests on its own without much deliberate effort until you are having so much fun that you don't care as strongly what shows up. Something like that.

Lots of AZ energy here! Good to see that.

-Yoda

http://www.psitek.net/index2.html

there are a lot of books on this site on the whole create you own reality stuff. pretty interesting I like the one called "As a Man Thinketh" and am taking the "Master Key System" week by week.

A lot of these types of books are out of print or can be found for free download on the web. I am experimenting with it to see what happens.

Best wishes,

t.

Thanks for the link, turbo!

It's always nice to check out some easy to access, free reading material.

On top of that, this is some pretty interesting stuff!!

Have you read most of this material?

Mehkeim,

-Jessica

I have not read many of them.

As a man thinketh - I read this in one sitting its a great, inspirational read.

Master Key System - reading a chapter per week as the instructions say

Practical Mental Influence - read some of this one last year and was searching for it again when I found the website I posted. Its got all the same info, but it seemed to have a darker angle to it, which I didnt like.

If you look on amazon there is a guy who has reviewed several titles in this genre.

See his review of this book:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...0102679-2755007

Cameron Clark is his name and he has several recommendations for the best of these books. I also read one of the "Abraham" books by the Hicks, and a friend of mine really got into it, listening to tapes of theirs and a bunch of other stuff. Their materiels gave me a bad feeling so I sold the book and moved on.

Anyways, the short answer to your question is no, I havent reas them all, and hopefuly I wont have to before I tap into these techniques.

Cheers,

t.

Abraham's my boy! He got my head out of the karma-samsara zone. All positive thinkers pretty much ditch the karma thing and have some version of the law of attraction. I'm pretty sure that Ernest Holmes coined the phrase.

The newer tapes are better, as Esther has dropped the accent.

-Yoda