Lost in Translation

Thank You for The Dao Bums!

@dawei and all others responsible for creating and maintaining this site,

THANK YOU for creating The Dao Bums! I find much pleasure here. I know how much work it is to keep something like this rolling and I really appreciate all you do.

- (not as) Lost in Translation (as I used to be)

• Like 11

Thanks for dropping the note.   It is a rather telling history of folks open to discussion, sharing their stories and practices... and agreeing to disagree along the way :P

It has been nice to see your questions, contributions and interest to raise issues discussed many times over, but as you can see, some of us never tire of talking  :D

• Like 3

I am very happy for having been pointed to this forum. It's the only forum I know of where I can ask questions about (mainly philosophical) Taoism and get answers that actually help to deepen my understanding.

Edited by wandelaar
  • Like 6

It is truly a wonderful place.

I find wisdom here, beauty, love, as well as frustration, ignorance, and pain.

It is a place where I can look more closely at myself as I experience such things in my interaction with others.

I feel that it has helped me to grow and for that I am grateful to Sean, to all the past, present, and future mods, and to all of the members, especially those with whom I disagree.

_/\__/\__/\_

• Like 7

Bump!

I'm still feeling the love, even though I've been mainly trolling the off-grid section. There must be something special about Taoists, Buddhists, Hindus, Wiccans,  and others of that ilk. Despite our differences the debate here is far more civil than most of the Internet.

Boo Yah!

• Like 4

Yeah, a lot of that credit goes to the Admin and Mods for making us be nice even when we are in an emotional disagreement.

• Like 4