Owledge

Various gender (dis)comforts watching erotic scenes?

I couldn't find anything about this on the web, indications of studies having been done, and since it has spiritual implications and some people here seem quite well-read, I wanted to inquire about the topic, having been prompted by several things lately to ponder on it.

The starting point is the thanks to popculture and all quite well-known situation where hetero men tend to have no problem watching two women kiss (or more), likely even less than watching man-woman action. The only hint I found was one study about female-to-male transgenders and comparing to hetero men where it said such hetero men tend to focus on the woman's face, indicating that the greater appeal of woman-woman might simply be because in man-woman scenes the man is also forced to watch another man in the interaction, basically triggering a kind of competitive stance, which will also be expressed by being more or less repulsed seeing other naked men.

So based on that I was wondering what a matrix would look like about typical comfort-discomfort perception relations. Observers: hetero men, hetero women, homo men, homo women. Performers: man-woman, man-man, woman-woman. (Maybe excluding further sexual orientations because then it can get really complex and inaccurate and the psychology involved might be less profoundly evolutionary-driven.)

So what becomes obvious quickly and for easily understandable societal reasons is that there is relatively little awareness of how women perceive the various pairings in relation to each other. (I guess it's easy to conclude that man-man is probably the most unpleasant to watch for hetero men.)

If we look as the situation for men, it seems like the less man there is in it, the more pleasantly it is perceived. Is it the same for women? Are women turned on more by seeing to men interact or man and woman? And what about woman-woman?

And then when we add homo man and woman observers, my head begins to spin, hah.

Edited by Owledge

Guess my voyeuristic days have passed, since lately I find all such scenes extraneous at best.

It is often clear there is no authentic connection between the actors, which lends the scene a wooden aspect, like watching puppets.  It detracts from the story in all but a few instances for me.

Doesn't matter who is kissing whom.

• Like 1

There`s this idea floating around the culture that watching lesbian sex is the ne plus ultra of arousing sex scenes for heterosexual men.  While I`m sure it`s a turnon to many, I doubt that it`s appeal is nearly as universal as a person might be led to believe from watching Netflix.  We`re told a lot of hooey through media and pop culture about what men are like and most of it isn`t true.  Very few of us, for instance, are pigs.  

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, liminal_luke said:

There`s this idea floating around the culture that watching lesbian sex is the ne plus ultra of arousing sex scenes for heterosexual men.  While I`m sure it`s a turnon to many, I doubt that it`s appeal is nearly as universal as a person might be led to believe from watching Netflix.  We`re told a lot of hooey through media and pop culture about what men are like and most of it isn`t true.  Very few of us, for instance, are pigs.  

Poop culture, heh.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1