yugenphoenix

Robert Peng

It depends on what you're looking. It mostly aims for healer.

I got his master key book. To me, his journey is far more interesting, it mentioned some paths that needs guidance and glimpse on what's there. Apart from that, the book covers trainings that are 'safe' which you may find many similarities with what you've learnt before (depends on your mileage and system). His youtube channel contains the video of example of the training you get in the book (like connecting universe, middle dantian, qi sword, qi ball, 4 golden wheel)

• Like 1

Then one morning Shifu Tan changed the regular routine and asked me to follow him inside the boiler room. There was an axe leaning against the wall, and he told me to pick it up. Then he took off his shirt.

“Swing the axe with all your strength and hit me right here,” he said, pointing to his chest.

At first I thought he was kidding, but he looked at me seriously. I didn’t know what to do.

“Don’t worry. You won’t hurt me,” he assured me.

I lifted the axe in the air and squeezed the handle.

“Hit me hard,” he instructed.

I waited for him to change his mind, but he didn’t. Finally, I swung down hard. The blade hit him squarely in the chest. I felt as though I had struck a hard object, not soft flesh. The axe was wedged into his breastbone. He stood calmly but I was terrified. I quickly pried the axe loose to minimize any damage. But there was no blood.

Only a white mark remained, disappearing after a few seconds, leaving no trace of the impact.

“Do it again,” he said.

I lifted the axe incredulously, and this time I swung harder. The results were the same.

“Go ahead, again, as hard as you can.”

Without fear, I swung the blade again with all my power.

“Do it one last time.”

I did. Afterward, he put his shirt back on.

“Come with me,” he said.

I followed him outside, and he led me to a sandalwood tree in the garden behind the boiler room. He pointed to the trunk. There were four blunt axe marks on the bark. Fresh sap was dripping down.

Interesting, I heard a very similar story about Lum DaiYong, a Maoshan Daoist Grandmaster who had started the Gee Yung school in Honolulu.  He had once supposedly transferred a boy's (Andrew Lum's?) spirit to a tree - so that when someone chopped the boy's hand, branches from that tree fell off instead! 

His student, Andrew Lum, was Max "Kunlun" Christensen's teacher, btw...

About three weeks later I arrived as usual for my morning practice and assumed the Horse Stance position. After ten minutes I experienced a pleasant sensation building around the area on my midriff that Shifu Tan had asked me to focus on, the Lower Dantian. The feeling spread down my legs and negated the burning sensation. My body grew lighter and lighter. I felt as though I were riding effortlessly on an invisible horse. The tingling sensation in my Lower Dantian intensified, and I slipped into a trance. 

When I emerged from it, the sun was shining high up in the sky, and Shifu Tan was standing in front of me. 

Jihui, you’ve been standing in Horse Stance for four hours,” he said, genuinely pleased.

I'm a bit skeptical about his story in general, though - as it seems rather archetypically mythological and fanciful.  I mean, progressing to standing in horse stance trance for 4 hours...after just 3 weeks??? :huh:

I'd like to see it to believe it?

Edited by gendao
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, gendao said:

I'm a bit skeptical about his story in general, though - as it seems rather archetypically mythological and fanciful.  I mean, progressing to standing in horse stance trance for 4 hours...after just 3 weeks??? :huh:

I know it sounded like something out of novel. He mentioned in the book, he got several empowerments throughout his training. Also later on, there is a chapter about mastering willpower. He mentioned that horse stance strengthened his willpower a lot.

Who knows what really happened. Maybe he has great willpower? Maybe Shifu Tan helped him without him noticing? Maybe it's something different altogether?

Thank you both. Seems fanciful for sure and too mystical for my tastes. My plate is full anyway, but it seems what he has to offer is nothing “special.”  Or too special depending on how you see it 😉.  

14 hours ago, gendao said:

Interesting, I heard a very similar story about Lum DaiYong, a Maoshan Daoist Grandmaster who had started the Gee Yung school in Honolulu.  He had once supposedly transferred a boy's (Andrew Lum's?) spirit to a tree - so that when someone chopped the boy's hand, branches from that tree fell off instead! 

Yes but also - his teacher Master Yao of Shaolin seems to be the same Master  Yao of Shaolin that was Chunyi Lin's teacher. And so that taking the axe to the chest story - and the tree outside is damaged - that is Yan Xin kind of stuff. Most people are not going to be able to believe it. But we can assume - since Robert Peng was young then his yang qi energy was strong and also - the teacher was probably sending him energy without him realizing it. Because the only way horse stance for 4 hours is possible is if the yuan qi is activated. But Wang Liping did 4 hours of nonstop full lotus very soon in his training - with his teachers sending him energy and he was tied down. haha. But also he did not move at all - so his energy channels were fully opened up and his yuan qi was activated. Robert Peng describes this - feeling the strong heat in the belly.

http://ecoechoinvasives.blogspot.com/2017/12/healing-monk-xiao-yao-abbot-139-of.html

Edited by voidisyinyang
  • Like 2

On 4/16/2018 at 11:18 PM, gendao said:

How long did it take Wang Liping to do 4 hours nonstop full lotus without any movement? I'm referring to "Opening the Dragon Gate" book - similar situation.

The sense I got from reading the book and talking with Richard and spending time with Master Wang, is that he was something of a natural, or a prodigy in this regard.  His three teachers were pleasantly surprised by his response to early training, and by his will, intent and ability from the inception.

• Like 1

On 4/15/2018 at 9:57 AM, yugenphoenix said:

https://parabola.org/2017/05/07/my-journey-to-qigong-master-by-robert-peng/ 

This is an interesting story I found about him.  Anyone have training experience with him or any of his training media “The Master Key” book or dvds? Thanks friends! 🙏

In this article I wonder why they put Lam Saiwing performing the famous form: kungchi fu fuk??