Sign in to follow this  
Tryingtodobetter

Art and Realization

Are there any realized persons making art?

Given what I perceive to be the dissolution of what entices many artists to create their works, do people make art beyond the point of realization?

With an awakening one is more privy to how their thoughts affect things, so with this hypersensitivity and detachment is one still able to engage in creating such emotive and meaningful pieces authentically?

Much of art throughout time stems from the very neuroses that practitioners seek to uproot

• Like 3

I do not know anyone who would say they are realized and be taken seriously, that said, I have a friend that is an artist who creates from stillness...

This is her take on her "art"...

“I can’t really say I create the paintings, because any time my mind is actively deciding what to do, the paints and colors just don’t flow. However, when I stop, I become silent, I ask the divine/stillness to paint. Then, the colors, the shades, the paint, the brush strokes, it all just flows.”

http://creationsfromstillness.com/

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 16.04.2018 at 6:44 AM, Wuschel said:

much of spiritual aspirations throughout time stems from the very neuroses that practitioners seek to uproot

it's the fuel for the fire that keeps one moving, suffering

to me some of the most beautiful and inspiring art is that with a wailing vibe to it, as it fuels that very fire

about realizED persons making art...

to me, spiritual scriptures are art, they make me very high as i tune into them

nature is art

also, much of great art(in it's smaller definition) comes from spiritual places, from temporary realized states of mind 

as creativity itself is a vehicle to go to those places, especially music

(where does creativity arise?)

I agree with that. Nature is an art indeed. And art and inspiration come from the abandunce of energy.

On 4/13/2018 at 11:28 PM, Tryingtodobetter said:

Are there any realized persons making art?

Given what I perceive to be the dissolution of what entices many artists to create their works, do people make art beyond the point of realization?

With an awakening one is more privy to how their thoughts affect things, so with this hypersensitivity and detachment is one still able to engage in creating such emotive and meaningful pieces authentically?

Much of art throughout time stems from the very neuroses that practitioners seek to uproot

Who is to judge if another is realized?

One way to look at it is that all true creativity comes from a place of realization.

By that I mean that creativity is a spontaneous expression of an aspect of ourselves that is beyond that which we identify with as self. We see this in all forms of creativity, be it artistic, scientific, expressions of love, genuine relationship, and so on.

If you are ever in Baltimore, Maryland seek out the American Visionary Arts Museum. It is a museum dedicated to self-taught artists who have grown through vision rather than formal education and is filled with the art of self-realization. 

I ever in Italy, try to visit Damanhur in the Piedmont, a community of spiritual seekers and artists. 

Alex Grey

Alex_Grey_Gaia.jpg

Reverend Albert Lee Wagner

Reverend-Wagner-Egypt-miracle.jpg

Sermet Aslan

Sermet-Aslan-Montage.jpg?w=447&h=335&cro

Gerald Hawkes

b74c6af5d506cace924ae14a05b14e8e--art-ar

The spiritual, artistic community of Damanhur in Piedmont, Italy

15891059788_3d5a632e36_o-9f59a583.jpeg?v

• Like 3

Wonderful topic. 

the word art always elicits this saying to me:

A laborer works with hands and body

A crafstman works with body and uses mind to craft with skill.

An Artist/Artisan works through spirit, embodying mind, body, fully engaged.

An artist is engaging in a fluid living process of creation and expression. 

In this sense, no piece of art I've ever worked on has ever been finished.  Every time I encounter one of my pieces, it is still a living relationship, a coming and going, not an encounter of a rigid, fixed or finished thing by another fixed thing. 

Art for me, is a living process... the manner through which living spirit mingled with skill, awareness, presence and effort all comingle to manifest form which engages my whole being.  This is why nature is art... the living spirit, supercedes my ability to simply analyze something with my mind and draws me in to an experiential relationship to the living process the piece is the focal point of...  Every tree is a living sculpture and elicits a response in me of beingness.  Relating to... self known through what self was previously anticipated to not be.

Through something seemingly external, I am provided with a lense through which to experience an aspect of self, previously unrecognized as self and considered 'other'.  An unfolding of the self, the process of art seems.  Expanding.  Not forced, but allowing, cultivating.

Just as Eating brings the external world to the internal in a living process.

Arting manifests the internal world in the external in a likewise fluid, living process.

Art as the complimentary opposite of eating.

Art as feeding, not just the body, but mind and spirit.  Art as nourishing beingness... presence.

Art engages my whole being into presence... this, I think is what is the foundation of such sayings as 'that piece really moved me', or 'that place really touched me'.  This living response to and from the intent and the living spirit of the expression... engages whole beingness, which allows space for presence to manifest within the always abiding awareness.

This reflects in the experience I have around certain places... canyons, forests, trees, or the shape of a dragonfly's wing structure... where they 'feed me' when I encounter them... as they draw me into more full beingness... presence.  In this, they expand me, nourish and revitalize me.

When my body eats, that which is outside the body is ingested, incorporated it into body.

When I am Arting... interaction and intention flows from my inner beingness, manifesting into form in the 'external'.

When I am Arted... I am drawn into a relationship with an external form, given rise from another's internal process.

We are both expanded in such an act.  And it is a living, flowing process.  Never a thing.

Edited by silent thunder
fix a nonsensical sentence
  • Like 2

Sign in to follow this