!nverse

Trips, Tripping & That Which Is Hidden

I'm starting this thread because I wanted to crystallise all of the other posts regarding this subject. Imagine my surprise when I searched for "LSD" thinking only a few results would be returned... 22 pages more like! You tripheads, you! :)

Please, please, please don't be too much of an acid bore. I'm looking for concise accounts of tangible recollections of "seeing through the veil".

Naturally, I'll start :)

I did a heroic dose of LSD whilst living in Cambridge (yeah, Syd Barrett Cambridge!). The trip was so intense that at one point my eyes stopped working & in my minds eye I was hurtling toward the centre of the universe, passing planets & galaxies in the wink of an eye until I came to a sudden stop. Then I passed out. This was the closest I'd ever felt to a recollectable OOBE.

I was living in a homeless hostel just off Parker's Piece, at the time. Two days later I remember suddenly getting up out of the chair I was in, walking as if in a trance to my safe haven, the Church Of The Holy Sepulchre or Round Church, and before I could get past the inner door, I had a super-intense experience. I stopped dead in my tracks, looked up at the stained-glass roof of the outer foyer & felt a surge of energy from somewhere. Within 20 seconds or so, I felt as if all the negative energy that had built up inside me had been somehow pulled upward out of me. I walked on air for three days after that.

I've reflected on this experience many times without too much success as to what it could mean. I likened it to how an exorcism must feel like, so maybe actual demons had been removed. I don't know for sure, all of that is conjecture. But what I do know 100% for sure, is that experience helped as a huge catalyst to my following a seeker's path with much more determination than before, and for that, Timothy Leary & the US Gubmint, I thank you.

Edited by !nverse
Exact place of experience
  • Like 1

This thread covers some of the issues related to using psychedelics in regards to spiritual progression - there are ups and downs.

• Like 1

Thank you Miffymog. To whoever it may concern & has the power, please feel free to remove this thread.

1 hour ago, !nverse said:

Thank you Miffymog. To whoever it may concern & has the power, please feel free to remove this thread.

I see no need to remove this thread.

I am sure you will have some who are willing to speak of their experiences and some who will criticize the use of psychedelics.

Some can handle it and some can not. We all live and learn. ;)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, !nverse said:

I'm starting this thread because I wanted to crystallise all of the other posts regarding this subject. Imagine my surprise when I searched for "LSD" thinking only a few results would be returned... 22 pages more like! You tripheads, you! :)

Please, please, please don't be too much of an acid bore. I'm looking for concise accounts of tangible recollections of "seeing through the veil".

Naturally, I'll start :)

Well, back in the  'good ol days' of  'pure stuff' , I saw through a concrete wall once .   We were sitting inside and a car pulled up and revved  and someone :  " Whats that ? "

Me;  "An old fj black holden "  . We were sitting on the floor and the windows were high, someone stood up and looked out and 'Check it out . "  we all did , and it was .  Maybe I unconsciously recognized the sound of the motor  and model and make ?  But the colour ?

When I said that, I remember seeing it , not just hearing it .  But when one on hallucinogens , how can one really tell ?

I did a heroic dose of LSD whilst living in Cambridge (yeah, Syd Barrett Cambridge!). The trip was so intense that at one point my eyes stopped working & in my minds eye I was hurtling toward the centre of the universe, passing planets & galaxies in the wink of an eye until I came to a sudden stop. Then I passed out. This was the closest I'd ever felt to a recollectable OOBE.

yes, I had that too ; the concrete 'shelf verandah' detached itself and floated up as a slab, with me sitting on it in lotus .... whizzed through the galaxy ... but the stars got no bigger than a baseball , and when they hit me they were soft and cool and dissolved into me .... ecstatically .  :)       Sooooooo ......   

I was living in a homeless hostel just off Parker's Piece, at the time. Two days later I remember suddenly getting up out of the chair I was in, walking as if in a trance to my safe haven, the Church Of The Holy Sepulchre or Round Church, and before I could get past the inner door, I had a super-intense experience. I stopped dead in my tracks, looked up at the stained-glass roof of the outer foyer & felt a surge of energy from somewhere. Within 20 seconds or so, I felt as if all the negative energy that had built up inside me had been somehow pulled upward out of me. I walked on air for three days after that.

I have felt near that, not tripping,   in a cathedral, looking at the windows listening to a Bach organ recital.

I've reflected on this experience many times without too much success as to what it could mean. I likened it to how an exorcism must feel like, so maybe actual demons had been removed. I don't know for sure, all of that is conjecture. But what I do know 100% for sure, is that experience helped as a huge catalyst to my following a seeker's path with much more determination than before, and for that, Timothy Leary & the US Gubmint, I thank you.

'Demons removed '      ...     :)          ( thats right up my alley  ) 

post-110129-0-88000300-1393038939_thumb.jpg   post-110129-0-15332800-1393038597_thumb.jpgpost-110129-0-98972500-1393038801_thumb.jpg

I suggest for follow up, if you are not aware of it ;   Leary's  'Exo-psychology'   .....  ' circuitry of the psyche'  .

• Thanks 2

23 hours ago, Nungali said:

Well, back in the  'good ol days' of  'pure stuff' , I saw through a concrete wall once .   We were sitting inside and a car pulled up and revved  and someone :  " Whats that ? "

Me;  "An old fj black holden "  . We were sitting on the floor and the windows were high, someone stood up and looked out and 'Check it out . "  we all did , and it was .  Maybe I unconsciously recognized the sound of the motor  and model and make ?  But the colour ?

When I said that, I remember seeing it , not just hearing it .  But when one on hallucinogens , how can one really tell ?

I LOL'ed when I read this... coming up on that heroic dose, my wingman & I both saw silver, glowing sap running through a tree, as if it were transparent. But yeah, absolutely no idea how you'd know for sure :)

23 hours ago, Nungali said:

yes, I had that too ; the concrete 'shelf verandah' detached itself and floated up as a slab, with me sitting on it in lotus .... whizzed through the galaxy ... but the stars got no bigger than a baseball , and when they hit me they were soft and cool and dissolved into me .... ecstatically .  :)       Sooooooo ......   

I have felt near that, not tripping,   in a cathedral, looking at the windows listening to a Bach organ recital.

'Demons removed '      ...     :)          ( thats right up my alley  ) 

post-110129-0-88000300-1393038939_thumb.jpg   post-110129-0-15332800-1393038597_thumb.jpgpost-110129-0-98972500-1393038801_thumb.jpg

I suggest for follow up, if you are not aware of it ;   Leary's  'Exo-psychology'   .....  ' circuitry of the psyche'  .

Will do, cheers. Enjoyed reading your account, brought back some fond recollections of some amazing/scary/WTF times :) 

As for the car anecdote quoted, to the power-obsessed mind it will be a super power, looking through walls. To the more tempered mind it will just be intuition doing its thing. You didn't really look through the wall. You just knew the car could only have been black.

Some people might even channel intuition with cynical remarks that sounds like stereotyping. And there may always be doubts about where the bits of information/insight actually came from that allowed such an accurate perception, but by not obsessing over those means, intuition can work.

This is a bit related to Bruce Lee's approach of emotional content and becoming a vessel for fulfilling a way and not focusing so much on technique.

• Like 1