Taiji Bum

Tibetan Dream Yoga

Anybody ever practice Tibetan Dream Yoga? What was it like? How did you do it? With who? You know, tell us your story.

• Like 3

I took a course with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpocke online.Ā  Recommended.Ā  There`s another one coming up through Glidewing if you`re interested (glidewing.com).Ā  Think there`s some other threads around about lucid dreaming and such you might want to search for. ( My own experiences are less than spectacular but that`s not the fault of the practice.Ā  My impression from some others, and my own very limited experience, is that it`s a practice that for many develops very slowly over time given consistent practice .Ā  I haven`t -- yet -- put the required effort in.Ā <_<Ā )Ā 

Edited by liminal_luke
  • Like 3

Iā€™m on retreat at the moment and just woke up from having a lucid dream, felt compelled to visitĀ this site, found this post and one I started 10 years ago! Fun stuff... No time right now but I will try to post a bit about dream yoga as soon as i have a bit more time.

Ā 

• Like 7

22 hours ago, Taiji Bum said:

Anybody ever practice Tibetan Dream Yoga? What was it like? How did you do it? With who? You know, tell us your story.

Ā 

I practice and it is amazing, one of my favorite practices. It is empowering and liberating. Like Luke, I study with Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche. Iā€™ve done dream and sleep yoga retreats with him, the Glidewing course, and read his book on the subject. The book is excellent but if you can afford the online workshop, it will be far more accessible and supportive.

Ā 

It is a 24 hour practice. The most important parts of the practice are exercises done upon awakening, throughout the day, and preparing for sleep. It takes most people a very long time to see tangible success so few stick with it long enough to benefit. It took me about 18 months before starting to have consistent lucidity but it is worth it to me.Ā 

Ā 

The idea is is that if we can become lucid in dream we can change and control the dream at will. We can travel, meet with spiritual masters, practice in our dream, ask questions, learn things, neutralize threatening situations, etc...Ā Most importantly, it cultivates a sense of flexibility and liberation that carries into our waking life.Ā 

Ā 

As as my teacher says, we sleep 30% of our lives. Thatā€™s 25 - 30 years of our life asleep. Imagine what we can do with all of that time if we can harness it for spiritual growth. Another nice benefit is that it really leads to very nourishing and restful sleep. I never feel better than when waking up from lucid dreams, with one exception - sleep yoga, but thatā€™s even more challenging. Iā€™dĀ start with dream yoga.

• Like 6

Dream work is foundational in my process.

To my entire life, really...

Ā 

I have lived my entire life, with the unshakable sense...

that one moment I will awaken withing 'real life'...

in the same way, I become lucid in my dreams

every night...

Ā 

• Like 2

I can only recommend Tenzin Wangyal's book on the topic and also visiting his fb profile. Somewhere there should be his teachings on the topic from the last year. Definetly worth it.

Also if it is possible then I'd recommend having a teacher. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche teaches sleep yoga just like Tenzin Wangyal. Many bƶn and dzogchen masters teach it. There are many ways how to practice it, but what helps the most is having a transmission of teachings. But anyone can achieveĀ lucidity.

• Like 4

I too recommend Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche's book The Tibetan Yogas of Dream and Sleep.

Been referring back to it for years.Ā  It's a real gem.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Miroku said:

I can only recommend Tenzin Wangyal's book on the topic and also visiting his fb profile. Somewhere there should be his teachings on the topic from the last year. Definetly worth it.

Ā 

Here is a link to the FB Live teachings categorized by subject:

http://www.ligminchalearning.com/twr-live-video-archive

Ā 

There are also many videos here:Ā https://www.oceanofwisdom.org/

Unfortunately the Ocean of Wisdom archive is not yet searchable or categorized but that is in progress... stayed tuned.

You simply need to scroll through the videos for now.

Ā 

A 4 weekĀ online dream yoga workshop begins in May - it's more costly than the book but worth every penny if you are serious about the practice. It is the next best thing to live teachings. IĀ can't recommend it highly enough:Ā https://www.glidewing.com/twr/dreamyoga_home.html.Ā 

Ā 

Finally, he is teaching a short retreat on dream and sleep yogas in Colorado in June:Ā https://www.shambhalamountain.org/program/tibetan-dream-yoga-2018/

Ā 

Ā 

17 hours ago, Miroku said:

Also if it is possible then I'd recommend having a teacher. Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche teaches sleep yoga just like Tenzin Wangyal. Many bƶn and dzogchen masters teach it. There are many ways how to practice it, but what helps the most is having a transmission of teachings. But anyone can achieveĀ lucidity.

Ā 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, steve said:

Ā 

Here is a link to the FB Live teachings categorized by subject:

http://www.ligminchalearning.com/twr-live-video-archive

Ā 

There are also many videos here:Ā https://www.oceanofwisdom.org/

Unfortunately the Ocean of Wisdom archive is not yet searchable or categorized but that is in progress... stayed tuned.

You simply need to scroll through the videos for now.

Ā 

A 4 weekĀ online dream yoga workshop begins in May - it's more costly than the book but worth every penny if you are serious about the practice. It is the next best thing to live teachings. IĀ can't recommend it highly enough:Ā https://www.glidewing.com/twr/dreamyoga_home.html.Ā 

Ā 

Finally, he is teaching a short retreat on dream and sleep yogas in Colorado in June:Ā https://www.shambhalamountain.org/program/tibetan-dream-yoga-2018/

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Great advertising!

2 hours ago, steve said:

Ā 

Thank you for your support

Ā 

Is that what that was?

12 hours ago, 9th said:

Ā 

Is that what that was?

Yes, it was a support of a person that asked a question. Steve provided some of the best sources possible.

2 hours ago, Miroku said:

Yes, it was a support of a person that asked a question. Steve provided some of the best sources possible.

Ā 

Says you maybe...

@Taiji Bum

Ā 

I've practiced what Tibetan Buddhists label Dream Yoga but from different sources. Are you only specifically interested in this practice if the source is Tibetan?

Ā 

ā˜®ļø

Yeh man, who taught who?

Ā 

And whos to say who knows who?

Ā 

Moreover... who exactly are you looking for?

Ā 

(not to mention what...)

2 hours ago, 9th said:

Ā 

Says you maybe...

Then please do say what you think.Ā 

7 minutes ago, Miroku said:

Then please do say what you think.Ā 

Ā 

Oh?Ā  You are giving me permission to speak for myself?

Ā 

WHY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!Ā :D

29 minutes ago, 9th said:

Ā 

Oh?Ā  You are giving me permission to speak for myself?

Ā 

WHY THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!Ā :D

No, I just hoped you would provide reason why you believe that either Tenzin Wangyal is not a good teacher to be recommended, why his work is not worth recommending, or why you think Steve is just making an advertisement.

Given your ceaseless activity on this forum (where you post without apparently having anything to sayĀ to the discussed matters) I believe you do not needĀ my permission to speak. :)Ā 

Edited by Miroku

20 minutes ago, Miroku said:

No, I just hoped you would provide reason why you believe that either Tenzin Wangyal is not a good teacher to be recommended, why his work is not worth recommending, or why you think Steve is just making an advertisement.

Ā 

Imo, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is the best dzogchen teacher alive.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Wells said:

Ā 

Imo, Tenzin Wangyal Rinpoche is the best dzogchen teacher alive.

Ā 

He's teaching tummo this summer in Virginia.

• Like 1

On 28/04/2018 at 12:40 PM, Daemon said:

@Taiji Bum

Ā 

I've practiced what Tibetan Buddhists label Dream Yoga but from different sources. Are you only specifically interested in this practice if the source is Tibetan?

Ā 

ā˜®ļø

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Wasn't this thread originally posted in General Discussion?

Ā 

ā˜®ļø

15 minutes ago, Daemon said:

Ā 

Ā 

Wasn't this thread originally posted in General Discussion?

Ā 

ā˜®ļø

No, this topic has not been moved.

Apologies to @Taiji BumĀ for commenting on this thread, I had believed that you'd originally started it in General Discussion. Had I realised that you were confining your question to a religious approach, I would have kept silent.

Ā 

Peace,

Ā 

ā˜®ļø

On 4/28/2018 at 7:48 AM, 9th said:

Yeh man, who taught who?

Ā 

And whos to say who knows who?

Ā 

Moreover... who exactly are you looking for?

Ā 

(not to mention what...)

Ā 

Great thread thank you for this information, but you sir what exactly is your problem? You harken back to those dark days when TDB was this ceaseless BS like you spew. Isnā€™t there some Little Witch Club ForumĀ or whatever other pansy thing u pander you can go and act like a know it all adolescent on? I have great respect for Steve as you should if u had any progress in cultivation to see or hear clearly. Keep your baseless accusations to yourself.Ā 

• Like 1