yugenphoenix

Full Lotus (Left over Right, Right over Left?)

Prior to doing much cultivation, I was able to do full lotus with ease for reasons unknown. When I began working out two years ago, I suffered a right knee injury from running that still plagues me at times but it waxes and wanes. After this injury if I try to do full lotus with my right placed first on my left, then my left on my right, my right knee is in agony and hurts for days after. So I gave up on full lotus and just sit on a chair or in so called tailor style or do my meditation standing no big deal. Today I just was doing so stretching and my left leg went on my right and my right over it on my left, and I was like, “hmmm is this full lotus too?”  Consulting the good ole Internet first, it seems to be like many things it’s tradition based and male/female based, with the opinion seeming to be left over right in general and for males specifically left over right. Now as background when I place my hands over my Dan tian I’m suppose to be right on top of left (being male), but it always feels forced to me and I keep drifting to to doing left on top of right which just feels more natural. Any thoughts, help, insight? Or am I just reallly a girl? 😂😂. Take care all and thanks. 

I would just do whatever feels comfortable. 

We all have a bit of both (male/female) in us :)

Kinda what I was thinking and hoping to hear. I’m just feeling my way thru this all and going on a lot of intuition and grace. I was just thrilled to be able to sit full lotus again. 

• Like 1