Sign in to follow this  
!nverse

Hi

!nverse here just saying hello for now, have lurked for a while, have plenty to discuss & really looking forward to what I can discover here.

• Like 6

Hello, !nverse, and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Fa Xin and the TDB team

Hello !nverse,

Nice to have you join the fun. Since you have lurked a bit, I don’t have to warn you about all of the cantankerous old coots here...

You are welcome to jump right in to the ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forum to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Fa Xin

59 minutes ago, !nverse said:

!nverse here just saying hello for now, have lurked for a while, have plenty to discuss & really looking forward to what I can discover here.

Welcome. Great to have you speaking out. :) 

• Like 2

Hi Inverse,

Welcome.

Yes, lots to discover here.  And you are welcome to share of yourself whenever you are ready.

• Like 2

Many thanks to all.

A quick introduction is necessary, I feel... I'm not religious (in the orthodox sense), though I read religion... I'm not into occult practices, though I study the occult... I've been privy in life to having witnessed breathtaking events (I'm sure to elucidate in the future) that have utterly altered my perception of life as I understood it, which at the present time is so fluid that I can't pinpoint, or accurately summarise what life means to me. The best I can offer, in my 51 years on this planet, is that I'm an infinite energy being trapped in a 3D prison. What crime did I/we commit to be here? If not a crime, then personal choice?

As a rule I don't join groups to study (this is actually the first forum I've ever joined - I warmed to the ebb & flow of discourse), I try to walk my own path, though I veer toward Gnostic Christianity & Buddhism as studies that feel compatible with me. I've recently found great value in the study of decoding The Bible, that magnificent tome truly has revelations regarding the inner workings of the body/universe connection. And I always find time for the wisdom of the Tao - it's just effortless to understand.

I have to stress that I'm not a Christian (I've had trouble with anti-Christians in the past), nor do I solidly identify with one faith or ideology over another... I take what I find to be useful, from occult Christianity, mystic Judaism, Sufism, Freemasonry, Buddhism, the Tao. All have similar (if not the same) origins, just the details differ.

There is much more to add, suffice to say that I've been questing all of my life.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, !nverse said:

Many thanks to all.

A quick introduction is necessary, I feel... I'm not religious (in the orthodox sense), though I read religion... I'm not into occult practices, though I study the occult... I've been privy in life to having witnessed breathtaking events (I'm sure to elucidate in the future) that have utterly altered my perception of life as I understood it, which at the present time is so fluid that I can't pinpoint, or accurately summarise what life means to me. The best I can offer, in my 51 years on this planet, is that I'm an infinite energy being trapped in a 3D prison. What crime did I/we commit to be here? If not a crime, then personal choice?

As a rule I don't join groups to study (this is actually the first forum I've ever joined - I warmed to the ebb & flow of discourse), I try to walk my own path, though I veer toward Gnostic Christianity & Buddhism as studies that feel compatible with me. I've recently found great value in the study of decoding The Bible, that magnificent tome truly has revelations regarding the inner workings of the body/universe connection. And I always find time for the wisdom of the Tao - it's just effortless to understand.

I have to stress that I'm not a Christian (I've had trouble with anti-Christians in the past), nor do I solidly identify with one faith or ideology over another... I take what I find to be useful, from occult Christianity, mystic Judaism, Sufism, Freemasonry, Buddhism, the Tao. All have similar (if not the same) origins, just the details differ.

There is much more to add, suffice to say that I've been questing all of my life.

I think you've come to the right place :)

Many things you said resonated with me, and I appreciate the indepth introduction.

I'm drawn to Buddhism and Mystical Christian stuff myself, but choose not to follow any one tradition (don't want to limit myself)

I think you'll enjoy the discussions we have here... we have a little bit of everything - Buddhism, Taoism, Hinduism ... even a little Christianity thrown in here and there.  Truly a great place to discover the richness of spirituality the world has to offer...

Two you may enjoy, as you mentioned Christian stuff (and thats up my alley... :) )

This is a thread we've had going for 5+ years, 'decoding' the Gospel of Thomas

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/31789-gospel-of-thomas/

and a shameless plug for my own thread, where i post some 15th century Christian monk letters:

https://www.thedaobums.com/topic/46090-let-go/

Enjoy!! Looking forward to reading more of your posts. Cheers

FX

• Like 3

And don't forget the spiritual Atheists we have here.  They are always popping up and asking questions that most times cannot be answered.

• Like 2

Many thanks to all.

@Fa Xin yesterday I poured over The Gospel Of Thomas thread. I reached roughly halfway on my first visit. It's a subject of great fascination for me so many, many thanks for taking the time to put it in place on the forum, and to all those that contributed, it's a fascinating read. I've known & challenged a few orthodox Christians on the Nag Hammadi texts & I've not been surprised at their ostrich-like behaviour. Too much orthodoxy, too much rigid doctrine & one becomes merely another follower.

I shall also take a look at the other link you posted. As a self-confessed anti-chronologist, I have all the time in the world!

@Marblehead I converse daily with a few Atheist friends, we hold each others company dear, because we're aware that our beliefs need polarisation, and we keep each other grounded. Sometimes "preaching to the converted" isn't anywhere near as interesting as discovering new folds in the cloth of life.

I think I'm going to enjoy it here :)

• Like 4

On 4/12/2018 at 12:53 AM, !nverse said:

The best I can offer, in my 51 years on this planet, is that I'm an infinite energy being trapped in a 3D prison.

Hi Inverse,

1ee4f24e8e1fb36cc3cdb32b48e649fb.jpg

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

• Like 1

3 hours ago, !nverse said:

I love Rumi. Such wonderful thought food.

Good morning !nverse,

It is now close to 6am at my end on a Friday morning.

You like memes? If so, I can search for some from Rumi relevant to your posting.

- LimA

Well, it's 11pm, I'm off to bed soon. But what better way to wake than with coffee & Rumi? Please, be my guest.

11 hours ago, Marblehead said:

And don't forget the spiritual Atheists we have here.  They are always popping up and asking questions that most times cannot be answered.

Good morning Dada-da,

Do you think spiritual Atheists may like memes? If so, I can search for relevant ones in relation to their questions which most times cannot be answered by words alone.

- LimA

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, !nverse said:

coffee & Rumi

Hi !nverse,

Dream on in your sleep...

toussaint-bottle.png

Coffee+Quotes+%281%29.jpg

b2b2cef6d857a6492f385a25a1c8e206.jpg

38657427-ef9a1b7cae514145e0696d8839d88478.jpg

9afeddb0f6d8e80b6eaa3aba76b9bd01--beach-travel-quotes-quotes-travel-funny.jpg

Good night.

black-coffee-quotes-6.jpg

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, !nverse said:

I hope I don't dream of large insects again like last night!

3648532d703fc8fb37d69023c9b3a3f6.jpg

quote3.png

Do not worry - take your cuppa before you sleep.

I will pray for you...

72585cf205989a155d7a44686b2a7e65.jpg

Sleep tight.

- LimA

Edited by Limahong
Enhance ...

Sign in to follow this