Harmen

My first YiTube video

Excellent video! Nice job! This was a pleasure to watch. I very much enjoyed the portion on the trigrams. You explained the characteristics of and relationships between the trigrams very well. Thank you!

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Lost in Translation said:

Excellent video! Nice job! This was a pleasure to watch. I very much enjoyed the portion on the trigrams. You explained the characteristics of and relationships between the trigrams very well. Thank you!

Thank you, that is very kind of you. The next video will discuss a few early examples of Yi divination from the Zuozhuan and Guoyu and explains some of the awkward trigram associations from the Shuogua (why all these horses at Qian, why is Dui associated with 'broken' etc.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I look forward to it! I also enjoyed the video on the dice. Google translate is a bit kludge but it does well enough. It took me a while to figure out how to coerce 8 trigrams into a 6 sided die, the I realized thunder=mountain and wind=lake - duh! :)

Edited by Lost in Translation
Replaced hexagrams with trigrams

11 hours ago, Lost in Translation said:

I look forward to it! I also enjoyed the video on the dice. Google translate is a bit kludge but it does well enough. It took me a while to figure out how to coerce 8 trigrams into a 6 sided die, the I realized thunder=mountain and wind=lake - duh! :)

Yep, that is how it works. :)