Gerard

The face doesn't lie

Trust this:

bright_eyes_child.jpg

I wouldn't be so sure about this:

modern_human_s_face.jpg

We ruin our 'livers' and 'hearts' so much in this crazy modern world that our eyes just become dull and dark...and the spirit is just disconnected completely from this material 'world.'

Look around and see how many people you see around glowing like that young girl. Maybe 500 years ago (or even a lot less) when society was pretty much agricultural but in modern times. 

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 6

There are probably more people waking up today than 500 years ago due to the divine tools and transmissions being imparted. 

Though I prefer nature lately rather than technological society. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, johndoe2012 said:

Though I prefer nature lately rather than technological society. 

Yeah, I still don't own a cell phone but I have a garden and a fish pond.

• Like 6

22 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, I still don't own a cell phone but I have a garden and a fish pond.

good idea :)

• Like 1

This is a good thread. But I’m not entirely sure I would agree with the OP. 

Essentially we are judging by looks. And if we are judging by looks, then yes... the girl looks to be more happy and peaceful than the boy. 

But what dont we know about the boy? Has he had a hard upbringing? Has he been shunned and cast aside unfairly his whole life?

my younger brother has asbergers and has a countenance that appears as this boy, as he has been put down and shunned his whole life.  Yet he would give the shirt off his back for anyone without a second thought. 

Are the eyes the windows to the soul, or mirrors of our own stuff?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

19 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Are the eyes the windows to the soul, or mirrors of our own stuff?

Valid comments.  Appearance isn't telling the complete story.

But this that I have quoted from you is an important question.  Is our mirror clear of blemishes?  It is only when our mirror (our mind, if you will) is perfect without blemishes that we will see (and feel) the perfect truth.

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Valid comments.  Appearance isn't telling the complete story.

But this that I have quoted from you is an important question.  Is our mirror clear of blemishes?  It is only when our mirror (our mind, if you will) is perfect without blemishes that we will see (and feel) the perfect truth.

Completely agree. Many times what we see in others are aspects of ourselves. I believe people are the best way for us to observe our blemishes. How we treat others, and how we respond to the way they treat us. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marblehead said:

It is when our minds are clear that we will see (and feel) the perfect truth.

That is an essential part but I think an additional aid to face reading, the feeling part which you mention, is having some psychic ability plus worldly experience.  (as you can see I edited your quote to simplify it)

The analysis of the faces in the OP is not necessarily correct.  I think whether you can 'trust' or not depends on a lot of variables, and it really helps to be there in person to get a better feeling.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, Gerard said:

We ruin our 'livers' and 'hearts' so much in this crazy modern world that our eyes just become dull and dark...and the spirit is just disconnected completely from this material 'world.'

Look around and see how many people you see around glowing like that young girl. Maybe 500 years ago (or even a lot less) when society was pretty much agricultural but in modern times. 

This part I agree with.  The pure hearted innocent smile you speak of I have seen in a few 'primitive' poor people living far from technology, and there simply is no such thing in the cities or in 'any part of civilization' in general.

(I always add 'in general' so people can't argue =)

By the way he's holding a blowgun and he's a killer ... yet still innocent.  Can we wrap our minds around that idea?

Happy.indian.png

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 7

9 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

This part I agree with.  The pure hearted innocent smile you speak of I have seen in a few 'primitive' poor people living far from technology, and there simply is no such thing in the cities or in 'any part of civilization' in general.

(I always add 'in general' so people can't argue =)

By the way he's holding a blowgun and he's a killer ... yet still innocent.  Can we wrap our minds around that idea?

Happy.indian.png

So he is innocent except when he kills with his blowgun?

we should not conflate simplicity with innocence perhaps? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dwai said:

So he is innocent except when he kills with his blowgun?

we should not conflate simplicity with innocence perhaps? 

What I was hoping to say is that for them there is no stigma attached to killing 'the enemy' (tribal warfare is or was common) and so he would probably not feel remorse or guilt over it.  Therefore although he is not legally innocent, he would 'feel' innocent, and it seems to show in his face.  It could be called simplicity.  Also killing is so common because they have to kill so many animals for food, and the 'enemy' are commonly not considered to be totally human.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Starjumper said:

What I was hoping to say is that for them there is no stigma attached to killing 'the enemy' (tribal warfare is or was common) and so he would probably not feel remorse or guilt over it.  Therefore although he is not legally innocent, he would 'feel' innocent, and it seems to show in his face.  It could be called simplicity.  Also killing is so common because they have to kill so many animals for food, and the 'enemy' are commonly not considered to be totally human.

The way I understood the OP was -- "innocent" as in not weighed down by concepts of how and what one should be. We see that in children before a certain age, before peer pressure and parental/societal pressure takes over and they start forming a self-image they have to live up to (or hold and protect a set of positions wrt. said image).

I do agree that tribal societies are a lot more simple, but they too suffer from a similar malaise as members of the "modern" societies do - project, uphold and protect an image of who and what they are. Perhaps not with as great a magnitude as in today's Facebook, Twitter and instagram cultures. 

For instance, X is a great warrior and hunter, Y is a medicine woman and wise, and so on...

Edited by dwai
  • Like 2

The pineal gland doesn't lie. The pineal gland will tell you what kind of emotional blockages that are in other people's bodies.

Increased Pineal Gland Activation during Qigong Meditation Proven by fMRI!

Correlation between Pineal Activation and Religious
Meditation Observed by Functional Magnetic
Resonance Imaging

Chien-Hui Liou, Chang-Wei Hsieh, Chao-Hsien Hsieh, Si

-Chen Lee, Jyh-Horng Chen, & Chi-Hong Wang

Interdisciplinary MRI/MRS Lab, Department of Electrical Engineering, National

Taiwan University, No. 1, Section 4, Roosevelt Road, Taipei, Taiwan 106, ROC.

Anthro-Celestial Research Institute, The Tienti Teachings, No. 41, Wenjeng Lane,

Jungming Tsuen, Yuchr Shiang, Nantou, Taiwan 555, ROC.

Department of Electrical Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taiwan, ROC.

Department of Neurology, Cardinal Tien Hospital Yung Ho Branch, No. 80,

Chunghsing Street, Yungho City, Taipei, Taiwan 234, ROC.

Nature Precedings : hdl:10101/npre.2007.1328.1 : Posted 15 Nov 2007

pineal body exhibit significant activation during meditation process,

supporting the long lasting speculation that pineal plays an important role in the

intrinsic awareness which might concern spirit or soul.

. In this study, we chose Chinese Original Quiet Sitting, one style of meditation, to explore this long lasting speculation by functional magnetic resonance imaging technique. Our results demonstrate a correlation between pineal activation and religious meditation which might have profound implications in physiological understanding of the intrinsic awareness.

pineal body was activated during the IPQ period. [Invitation of Primordial or Yuan Qi].

1 hour ago, dwai said:

The way I understood the OP was -- "innocent" as in not weighed down by concepts of how and what one should be. We see that in children before a certain age, before peer pressure and parental/societal pressure takes over and they start forming a self-image they have to live up to (or hold and protect a set of positions wrt. said image).

I do agree that tribal societies are a lot more simple, but they too suffer from a similar malaise as members of the "modern" societies do - project, uphold and protect an image of who and what they are. Perhaps not with as great a magnitude as in today's Facebook, Twitter and instagram cultures. 

For instance, X is a great warrior and hunter, Y is a medicine woman and wise, and so on...

Thats true.  However there are some details that modify these things a little.

If you look at a series of pictures of the face of a young child as they grow older you will see that they start with the pure innocence when youngest but at some point there is a sudden and sometimes quite radical change.  Their face can become crooked with one side not a mirror image of the other, and they will get a different look in their eyes, the true inner smile will be gone and a smile will be insincere.  This is because at some point their peers or parents (usually parents) succeeded in trashing their spirit.

On the contrary the 'primitive' indians that still exist, and there are just a few, raise their children quite differently.  They are held almost constantly and hardly ever left alone.  They are given real love and affection and they do not get punished.  This results in a very different character so while they may have an image to uphold, like warrior or medicine woman, they have that underlying peace that comes from their kind of upbringing.  Therefore we see the innocent smile on the face of the warrior.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

Thats true.  However there are some details that modify these things a little.

If you look at a series of pictures of the face of a young child as they grow older you will see that they start with the pure innocense when youngest but at some point there is a sudden and sometimes quite radical change.  Their face can become crooked with one side not a mirror image of the other, and they will get a different look in their eyes, the true inner smile will be gone or it will be insincere.  This is because at some point their peers or parents (usually parents) succeeded in trashing their spirit.

:( and isn't that such a tragedy?

1 minute ago, Starjumper said:

On the contrary the 'primitive' indians that still exist, and there are just a few, raise their children quite differently.  They are held almost constantly and hardly ever left alone.  They are given real love and affection and they do not get punished.  This results in a very different character so while they may have an image to uphold, like warrior or medicine woman, they have that underlying peace that comes from their kind of upbringing.  Therefore we see the innocent smile on the face of the warrior.

Wonderful explanation. And I see what you see too. I do think that taking the life of another being is a difficult task and tends to take us away from that innocence though. I also understand that not every culture follows the same set of rules of conduct and have the same sense of morality etc. I'm not referring to morality here, but more a spiritual thing. Like how we feel when we get into a fight and hurt another person. It is painful to us as we are inflicting the pain on another. 

• Like 1

I've personally noticed that sometimes the brightest most youthful eyes can be hiding a very immature person behind them...someone who is actually dangerous to put your trust in. However, sometimes an ugly face full of "scars" contains a heart of endless compassion and consideration.

This is because the way of virtue and goodness is hard, but the way of self indulgence is easy and not taxing.

I think it's true that the face is a reflection of the heart...although sometimes what appears "beautiful" to us isn't something good, and what appears ugly is something very underrated. For instance, it's considered that a receding hairline is ugly...but it's simultaneously a symbol of high intelligence.

• Like 4

FYI, the girl was photographed with the sun facing her.  The young man was under some shades....there..hehehehe..  I can not read aura.  Most of my insights into the individuals are from dream visions....  Look at the Harvey Weinstein...he has grossly uneven eyes...heheheh....

• Like 1

The problem is the OP's insistence that because of modern society then people are not waking up. 

This is a belief and not true. 

In fact it is the reverse. Today people are waking up in high tech city centres like London. 

Because of the internet you can connect to awake people, just browse the satsangs on YouTube. 

Also the face of the young guy could easily be that of a poet with lots of life experience, there is nothing wrong with that. 

• Like 1

To quote the most ancient texts - it is the lateral and anterior to the gluteal region (i.e., the buttock), inferior to the iliac crest, and overlying the greater trochanter of the femur that don't lie:

"I know I am on tonight
My hips don't lie and I am starting to feel it's right
All the attraction, the tension
Don't you see baby, this is perfection ."

_ Mahaguru Shakirashri.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The faces - what we are seeing is: Jing/Qi/Shen.

The organs functioning - moving, stuck, etc.

And the nerves - modern people show cranial nerve damage - eye looking off-center, tilted smile, parts of face not moving the same as the rest.

So - face diagnosis. A good subject to study.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

So - face diagnosis. A good subject to study.

Agree.. even if we may not agree in the details, I think it is a good point.

The face carries emotion and realization; even how comfortable you are in your skin.

There is no need to flesh out connections... just can read their inner self concept... which might include absence of self, etc. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, dwai said:

:( and isn't that such a tragedy?

Yes in a way, it's a sad thing, but you and I are probably victims of just such a thing, and we didn't turn out so bad, did we?  :)

I suppose that the 'savages' who are always held as babies and never punished as children might have some similar waking up of disappointment, but at an older age.  Particularly when it gets to the age of the mating games, where ego battles reign and all is fair.

• Like 2

Lincoln (may have) said, Every man over 40 is responsible for his face (echoed by George Orwell a few score later). 

There may be some truth to that,

yet it's probably worthwhile

putting away our suppositions

and giving the ugly and lopsided a chance. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, thelerner said:

Lincoln (may have) said, Every man over 40 is responsible for his face (echoed by George Orwell a few score later). 

His face was interesting!

• Like 1