Sign in to follow this  
Gerard

I Ching and Lottery winnings

Powerball guarantees a minimum division one prize pool of $3 million every Thursday and can jackpot to $50 million or more, Powerball could give you the power to change it all.

https://thelott.com/powerball/how-to-play

Imagine if I win ---> I'll set up a monastery somewhere in the mountains facing the ocean. Anyone with a good heart and willing to live a life in seclusion/full time practice is more than welcome to join.

I'm not good at I Ching readings and using it as a divination tool but certainly there must be a way of reading the hexagrams correctly for this particular aspect (financial gain) after casting the 3 coins.

Note: this financial gain is not personal but to benefit the community at large, hence Heaven may intervene and help in this instance to make the lottery winning.

Anyone interested? 

Maybe we could start a small syndicate in order to increase the chances to win the game. 

:)

Edited by Gerard

or hire those from MIT who had beaten one of the lottery system. They won $8 mil already. 

Edited by Try

1, go for it, buy a ticket or two, consult the various oracles.. hope & dreams are fun.

2, (somewhat wet blanketish)

Odds of setting up tiny hermitage somewhere- 95% (requires half acre of land, and shed)

Odds of winning powerball lottery,  1 in 292 million. (requires 1 in 292 million type of luck) 

*note odds of getting struck by lightning- 1 in 700,000) 

So, imo to put feet under dreams of a monastery, one might look around for a cheap plot of land and start building a tiny hermitage and see what grows from there. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

First A. Sure but they are pros! Imagine all the day and access to various software they developed in order to win plus they formed a syndicate. Team work always beats the work of 1. Hire them? How many others have tried/are trying. 

the learner. I'll try option 1. Wish me good luck :) Thanks!

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

I spent everything I had to build a place in the remote mountains and it was a waste of money.  Your best chance is to build near a big city.

I mean it was a waste of money as far as sharing the Way, but it's a fantastic place to live and grow food.  I just should have built a modest little house and not spent all the money.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 3

eh, money is just money.  To build something so amazing seems to me worth more then 1 in 272 million.  Its unique and with priceless value.  Impossibly hard work and fulfilling a vision is something people in a modest little house will not have.   

• Like 1

I believe the I Ching can be profitably consulted about matters of destiny.  Careful study can reveal patterns of energy that are unfolding presently and will influence outcomes in the future.  But can it give you correct LOTTO numbers?  Probably not.  If you`ve got the karma to win millions in the lottery you can likely do it without the I Ching; if you don`t, the oracle won`t help.  That`s my opinion anyway.

Meditating by oneself is hard.  Building (or buying) a retreat center so that anybody with a good heart and come and practice in community is harder.  Managing something like that is like getting married times ten.  Everybody is supposed to be "spiritual" so you`d think they`re be no problems, but people are people and there are always problems.  Of course if that`s your dream then do it.  Maybe running such a center is exactly the challenge you need to bring the best of what you have to give out into the world.  It wouldn`t be for me, and I`m guessing the I Ching knows that.  I don`t have spiritual community by the sea karma and no understanding of the forces of the universe, no matter how sophisticated or accurate, is gonna change that.  

• Like 1

Word on the street is the lottery was set up to catch time travelers and magicians.

You're probably better off laying low.

Find some good tech startups to invest in, make a few million off a valuation or IPO, then cash out after a couple of years for a few million before it collapses in on itself. :D but I'm just a nobody so don't mind me!

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Sloppy Zhang said:

Word on the street is the lottery was set up to catch time travelers and magicians.

maybe but unfortunately it catches a whole lot of people into paying for worthless paper.   ie a tax/scam on those who who want get rich quick, and don't appreciate the odds. 

Still, a few bucks a year isn't bad, it allows one the luxury of 'what if' dreaming, but to spend more then that is pretty much using dollars for toilet paper.  For example the Massachusetts winners didn't use computers, they took advantage of faulty rules and buying $100,000's of tickets to guarantee a 20% gain.  Once it got out it the powers that be changed the rules ofcourse, as do most advantages.  Some quicker then others. 

• Like 1

Thanks again for your replies. In Asia with the widespread community support it will be so much easier...in the Wild West a totally different story.

l'll go with the flow for the time being and from time to time use the Taoist oracle to try my luck! :)

Hey.....I was thinking about make a topic about this...since a lot of us have certain special powers..why don't we win the lottery?  You don't need I Ching.  I Ching is for people not in tune with their own mind essence.  The question is that why can't you see or predict when you would win the lottery?  I have plenty of dreams about numbers...  Trust me, I play the lottery but the most I have ever won was only 2 numbers...LOL...  I just spent $4 today because I was in the check cashing place. 

For someone like myself who frequently would have precognitive dream messages, why don't I receive messages about me winning the lottery????  I dream about counting money (I was a big time store manager for 5 years managing a large retain chain) and I counted a lot of money every night closing.  Receiving money and checks.  Even in one dream I was guaranteed an inheritance from some deceased old lady (not that I was related to her).  Never once I dream about me winning the lottery in a very strong dream message kind of way....

Perhaps, Karma plays a role here???  When comes to wealth, the law Karma works differently???

Karma is everything. Now, winning the lottery for personal gain invoking the Universe won't work...trust me (the fourth story of this documentary is a good example: http://bit.do/ecLvB).

No abbots and a religious hierarchy and such but this will be a serious place, don't get me wrong. Only one type of clothing allowed, traditional Thai in deep dark blue, loose cotton long sleeves and pants, no symbols of any kind. In the colder months use a jacket and a beanie. Shoes (slip on black canvas laced or unlaced) or barefoot, it's up to the practitioner.

The rest of the rules are pretty much common sense: no sexual activity, no alcohol and any other stimulants, lies, greed, etc.

I like robes but they not practical for wandering around and circle walking or any other IMA practice.

I hope this project works out one day. :)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

Sign in to follow this