Tryingtodobetter

Has anyone dealt with insomnia?

Yes! Stop your internal dialog and you will start dreaming, you will fall asleep! Nothing else helped me besides that and once I managed to do it in the midst of the mind storm I never really had much insomnia again. The trick is to be persistent even if it seems you are still awake suddenly your dreaming attention will appear and take over. Silence is the key!

Yes imsomnia is a symptom of the incessant mind that keeps talking.

I use some energetic tricks (from a lineage) to make me fall asleep. Eg channel essences of animals to myself since animals are not head heavy as humans.

Hehe I remember those days of tossing in the bed staying awake until morning just to get a few hours of sleep.. That was many years ago and I sleep like a baby since! Also what I noticed that helps is a comfortable body position (searching for comfortable and not looking for how uncomfortable you are), especially the one that opens up the navel area or the 2nd Chakra since this is where the dreaming attention comes from. This chakra naturally expands every night and invigorates our mind and brain thus making us feel dreamy and sleepy. It replenishes the body during sleep and can be used as a vehicle in dreaming as a dreaming body if intended. Happens to everyone every night and its up to you to be aware of it or not. Also one of the common position everyone assumes in bed during this chakra expansion is a natural upward pull of one leg/knee.

Edited by Wizz

Here is something you can try that helped me. Listen to a radio program or soft music, put it just as low as you can, but enough to hear. Listen to the program/music, and just concentrate on it, focus on it, and think of nothing else. I drift off most of the time. 

could also be to a ramped up fight or flight system, adrenals, etc. Besides things already mentioned, you can practice various meditations until you fall asleep, take some melatonin, valerian, or look at what you are taking during the day drug-wise, including caffeine, as possible catalysts for insomnia. Supposedly honey at night helps sleep too.

On 3/28/2018 at 5:38 AM, Wizz said:

Yes! Stop your internal dialog and you will start dreaming, you will fall asleep! Nothing else helped me besides that and once I managed to do it in the midst of the mind storm I never really had much insomnia again. The trick is to be persistent even if it seems you are still awake suddenly your dreaming attention will appear and take over. Silence is the key!

I've really been trying to and it hasn't been helping too much. I was still waking up in the early morning and having trouble falling asleep and now the sleep is even worse. Im not sure what to do and its become an emergency situation

19 hours ago, Songtsan said:

could also be to a ramped up fight or flight system, adrenals, etc. Besides things already mentioned, you can practice various meditations until you fall asleep, take some melatonin, valerian, or look at what you are taking during the day drug-wise, including caffeine, as possible catalysts for insomnia. Supposedly honey at night helps sleep too.

Thats what it feels like to an extent, my brain feels like its on fire sometimes as of late. I've been taking a melatonin and valerian etc herbal supplement consistently and trying to relax my thinking, to no avail.

I'm thinking about quitting cigarettes since I've been smoking a little more than usual due to the stress

On 3/28/2018 at 5:55 AM, johndoe2012 said:

Yes imsomnia is a symptom of the incessant mind that keeps talking.

I use some energetic tricks (from a lineage) to make me fall asleep. Eg channel essences of animals to myself since animals are not head heavy as humans.

I don't know how to stop it

On 3/28/2018 at 10:32 PM, cmpunk50 said:

Here is something you can try that helped me. Listen to a radio program or soft music, put it just as low as you can, but enough to hear. Listen to the program/music, and just concentrate on it, focus on it, and think of nothing else. I drift off most of the time. 

I will give this a try tonight

18 hours ago, Starjumper said:

Is this insomnia due to being overly energized from chi kung?

No it started during an emergency situation I was having, I went into detail on my first post one the welcome section, I'm pretty sure that you commented on it.

http://www.thedaobums.com/topic/46301-emergency-situation-seeking-advice-content-may-be-triggering/

It started off as tolerable and has gotten progressively worse 

OK, I read it with the intent of understanding this time.  It  seems to me that it has something to do with that tratak meditation you were doing and the precautions which you did not follow.  In order to get a better idea of what might be happening it would help if you describe what that meditation consists of and what the precautions are.  Also, possibly they might mention some of the symptoms that result from not following the precautions.  Best would be to describe the practice, the precautions, and all your symptoms in some detail.

A couple of quick ideas that popped up from reading your first post are:

Some practices come with evil spirits attatched.

Becoming more aware in a hell world, which is what modern 'civilization' is, can certainly make you feel like you're in hell.  That is an integral part of 'spiritual' growth these days, and the solution for that is simple in a way and difficult in another, and that is, get the hell out of hell ... and then continue with your practice.

Insomnia.. I'll tell you a story.. This really happened..

The girl I met was called Insomnia.. and boy she was nasty.. She almost made me loose my soul! Couldn't understand her at that time.. Wanted to tell her how to behave, to control her.. I tried to force my ideas of the world onto her but that nasty vampire didn't want to respect me for that instead she constantly judged me. I closed myself off in my room in hopes she won't disturb me since I wanted to have a so much deserved rest in my life.. But she didn't stop and insisted on interfering in my life pointing all my flaws, all the time and all my failures. She seemed bigger then me, bigger then my life and all of her nasty remarks made me suffer badly.. I forgot that once was a time I actually didn't fucking care about this type of negativity..

I even forgot that I was always free to say "it was crazy exciting to meet you I really tried to do my best with you but I have to continue with my best with the world now, I can't forever just stay here with you, there is so much good people that wish me good and so many I wish good to and.. life is incredible! so.. farewell!" but I slowly started to remember..

Remembering..

You know I want to tell you about this brother of mine such a great man really, we had so much fun together laughed like crazy when everything seemed so boring.. Haven't seen him in a long since times changed and he did seem to change as well just as me.. but I wanted to see him, talk to him, share stories on the couch and enjoy it once more as if time stopped deep in the night.. So we finally got around to get together and started talking about all kinds of things and since I started to feel good enough that I can trust him as I always trusted him I opened up.. He listened as a best friend could, he was there for me so and it was very easy for me to tell him my story.. Since I trusted him so much when I started talking I really gave my whole attention to narrating the troubling events I was experiencing. In the end I told him I do feel kind of lost and he understood this.. He asked me if I want to solve this and I kindly replied yes as I missed my good self back so much this is all I really wanted..

He said he might have a solution for this problem! So he asked me..  "do you remember that summer time when you I and Fini where at the river jumping in and Fini decided to get naked so we followed and laughed mindlessly at our peckers?" I said yes while laughing and chuckling with him as reliving the moment again.. "we should get together and have some fun he said it was really a long time that we didn't!" I agreed this seemed a great idea since I always liked hanging out together with him and Fini as we would always tell ourselves some good jokes and have hell of a good time laughing!

So we did.. and we had a great time.. I forgot I had any problems while hanging out with my brothers..

As time went by I met my dear honey.. She has been here for me ever since!.. and I met my new buddies Val and Mel.. But this wasn't a solution.. I felt this deep inside me..

Then one day.. Suddenly someone banged on my door! It was Insomnia! When I opened boy she shocked me! She looked so different now as if another person is standing in front of me! Another makeup, another haircut, her eyes looked different and the more I looked the more I couldn't comprehend whats actually happening. I got dizzy everything seemed to spin for a second so grabbed the door.. With a sly smile she remarked that I look as if I'm gonna fall down.. She seemed right as I was feeling as if I'm gonna loose it any time soon.. I felt so tired so exhausted that I thought the best thing would be for me to get some rest..

How could this be I thought? I already told her to leave me alone in the past as I wanted to get rid of her, who wouldn't I thought.. She had so many friends that they all drove me mad in the past I definitely didn't want this to happen again.. I didn't feel ready for this and the more I looked into her eyes the more mesmerized she became.. I started thinking she was a demon, a ghost an evil apparition.. Her friends didn't look that different then my friends but they sure didn't feel like so.. If this wasn't hell I don't know what was.. I even forgot when it was that I actually met her.. I thought there must be some lesson here for me to learn but the more I investigated by looking into her the more it seemed I'm falling under her spell..

This called for fast action and solution! I remembered some distant information of some student getting teached by a great man of knowledge.. I gathered up my attention to find this student just to realize he wrote a book.. It was about a teaching he had with this man which he called the "Art of Attention". So I got the book and started reading it and as I liked reading good stories this book was full of it! Dramatic encounters with nasty persons as the ones I was having problems with were a big concern in this book so I was avidly reading.. It was also full of jokes and funny anecdotes similar to those that I shared with my brothers in life..

Then something rather unusual happened..This one night I left the book beside my bed and the book opened up all by itself!! As if I wasn't surprised enough a small magical man appeared as if a real hologram just got invented in front of me! Holly shit I thought!! I really didn't know what to expect and yet it all felt so magical and intriguing.. He started talking and at first I couldn't hear him quite well but since I wanted to understand him I started hearing him better and better.

What he told me is that STORY TELLING is used in the teachings as it is a way of hooking our FULL ATTENTION!! then he stopped here for a moment as if he was trying to let me understand what he just said..

I thought wow nice no wonder I had felt free of Insomnia while reading these interesting stories!! He nodded and added that not only reading hooks up our attention but talking them and writing them down does too! It made a lot of sense but I couldn't really understand what was he saying so I asked him "What do you mean?"

... Suddenly he enlarged himself and stretched his hands as if he was holding up a green rainbow cloud in his chest and asked me to look inside it. I did just to realize I'm looking at the situation with my brother on the couch... I clearly saw how much attention I gave into narrating my story to him!! While I was talking I wasn't really having any insomnia problems even tho I was being able to carry these problems in my consciousness. The more I looked the more I started realizing the very power of my FULL ATTENTION!! I started feeling it! I also saw my brother in special light how much he listened, how much good he was, how much he was helping me by just listening me, as if he is letting me develop my FULL ATTENTION!

Then the great sorcerer told me putting special emphasis on wording .. "The secret of everything is in ones ATTENTION!!" This is the most incredible thing there is in this universe!..

..at that moment something happened .. I remembered!!

I remembered how to say farewell!! I knew farewell is said with love! and love never ends!! If we meet again I'll embrace you as I once did! Nothing is real as love! ...

I knew that there are many like me, many people that live with insomnia and we never really give "her" full attention as this attention is only reserved for our True Selves, the one I have been missing so much.. Nothing is holding us to love people and give them full attention! We are all brothers and sisters even if you believe you are alone I assure you are not! human beings are kind and still live on this earth! We laugh together we talk together we live together...

The wise sorcerer nodded smiling and said:

"The only way to STOP THE MIND is with the power of your FULL ATTENTION!! This attention originates from your heart and will make you accept everything and everybody on your path as you go in life! Nothing is certain anymore everything is a surprise a shock!!! A shock of awe!! You can find this ATTENTION in all those sincere acts of giving yourself to a moment of beauty and it is possible to prolong these moments by INTENDING them which will lead you to most powerful and avidly seeked state of the spirit

**SILENCE**

• Like 2

On 3/30/2018 at 5:27 AM, Tryingtodobetter said:

I will give this a try tonight

How is your insomnia? Did anything seem to help?

Get more exercise, if u are beat from a fitness routine you will sleep as soon as your head hits the pillow and not wake up till morning.  Another trick is get up early at the same time everyday, even if you didn’t sleep well. Practice shorter if necessary if you are tired, then if you must take a nap in the afternoon. But only a short one, 10-15 minutes is optimal recharge level, longer will make u feel groggy and affect your bedtime sleep. But always middle path here, as the first of the 100 Buddhist Health Rules state, “Sleep is the first element of nurturing life.” Much love my friend. 🙏