Goldleaf

aka i still don't know how to have the best sleep but at least i've made progress

On 10/16/2018 at 10:13 PM, Goldleaf said:

Still eagerly awaiting pics.  (Of the mattress set up.  Not your wife.) XP

Here you go, this is how it is lately,

When sleeping on my side I have two under the feet and legs in the shape of a T.

Two to support my upside arm and keep the chest open.

And two to support my head and keep my neck in line with my spine, one firm and one soft.

cheers!

Spoiler

Edited by silent thunder
  • Like 1

Thanks so much for sharing @silent thunder.

This is your home sleep setup?  If you don't mind, Aren't you concerned you roll around during sleep?  Doesn't the setup look much different in the morning?

Ta

2 hours ago, Goldleaf said:

Thanks so much for sharing @silent thunder.

This is your home sleep setup?  If you don't mind, Aren't you concerned you roll around during sleep?  Doesn't the setup look much different in the morning?

Ta

I don't move much at all while I sleep.  This is how it is for the last decade or so...

The only movement that occurs is when I wake in the middle of the night, I'll roll over to the other side.   I carry the chest pillows with me, resettle my legs and I'm back out in moments. 

• Like 1

Just completely letting go of everything will cause one to fall asleep. Letting go of doing anything, letting go of all and any tension in the muscle of your entire body, being as loose as possible, completely let go of anything. And also letting go of all thought, it helps if you just focus on dark and silent vision once the body is so loose that you loose wareness of it. That helps quiet the mind. And then to let go of all thought aswell. Use as little energy as possible, don't try anything. Even relax your breathing, breath loosely effortlessly. Stop caring about anything, And then let go of everything, and fall even deeper into the dark of deep slumber. 

If you do this, you will be able to sleep, no matter what where or when. I developed the ability for lucid dreaming, but later found out that military personnel learn this too. As they sometimes have to sleep 2 days, so that when they are called to duty they are fully awake. 

But you have to let go of everything. Literally. So set ur alarm if necessary, because you may not wake up for a long time if you don't. This kind of sleeping is very deep. A deep slumber. 

However, if you want to skip sleep, you can also meditate. As you let go of all thought, your body and mind rejuvinates even further, because you do it consciously, and now you can take that restfull fully rejuvinated tremendously comfortable and pleasing wakefulness state of being and maintain it and allow it to benefit you throughout your entite day. And when you always feel good in your body, you are as healthy as one can get, physically, emotionally and mentally. 

The difference between sleep and deep meditation, is, you cannot wake up grumpy from a meditation, ever. Because you never went to sleep. You are already awake. So coming out of a meditation feels amazing, always. So often, people sleep 2 days, and still feel tired. Then meditate 20 minutes, focused on something easy comfortable softly, like their breath, causing their mind to quiet, and then afterwards they feel fully rejuvinated. This to me is super exciting. Because I have always been very tired. Lately I'm wasting less time sleeping when I schedule meditations in my life. And there is great clarity that comes from it aswell. And life is more enjoyable aswell. 

Infact, if you do this meditation regurally, you will feel so good, you will begin to enter a state of appreciation every time you begin to meditate, and you feel even better all throughout your day. Tremendous creativity and productivity. Mindblowingly amazing. 

Edited by Everything
  • Thanks 1