Sign in to follow this  
Lostintheworld

Hi, sometimes feel heat in my hands

Hi, just found out this website.i meditate before using lying on bed and feel the pulsing from the heart in any part of my body when focused. Nvm  im new here would like to know any breathing exercise for helping adhd? Thank in advance.

• Like 1

Hello, Lostintheworld and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Lost,

Have you checked with "Lost and Found" to see if anyone has found you?

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Thanks 1

Perhaps concentration type exercises could help with ADHD.  In meditation there are many methods that use counting breaths.  The most common being 1-10, repeat.  It's strangely difficult, so much that many beginners, will count the in and out breaths separately so it's really only 5 breaths.   Once a person can do that comfortably, they can try Doc Morris's difficult mind cleanser version where if any thought intrudes, you go back to 1.  For most, getting to 10 can take awhile.

At times I'll count my breaths to 100 (or 200), that takes a while (15 to 30 minutes) and a good amount of concentration.  For me it helps to have a system where I use my fingers for counting, ie pinkies are 1, so 11 is feeling my pinkie twice, 55 is feeling my left thumb twice.. people develop there own method, as needed. 

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi, thank you but i always have some problem like when i'm counting number in my head i feels like i have 2 or 3 thoughts at the same time. Like 1 thoughts is counting while the other is making sound and the last is wandering. I cant concentrate/focus on one thought only, anybody feels the same as me?

• Like 1

Give yourself time. When I first started meditating, it was difficult to quiet my mind. I would sweat, have random thoughts about my day, I would feel an itch somewhere unreachable, all sorts of stuff. I did not think it was working, but it was, in spite of all the distractions. I simply went back to focusing on the in and out of my breath through my nose.

It takes time to get to a place where our mind and other stimuli are not a bother. Take your time, be gentle with yourself, start with a few minutes a day and then add time as you become more comfortable. We must learn to walk, before we can run.

Good luck to you :)

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lostintheworld said:

Hi, thank you but i always have some problem like when i'm counting number in my head i feels like i have 2 or 3 thoughts at the same time. Like 1 thoughts is counting while the other is making sound and the last is wandering. I cant concentrate/focus on one thought only, anybody feels the same as me?

Very common.  In the beginning we often need more 'noise' to drown out our thoughts.  To some extent even listening to a piece of entrancing music is a kind of meditation.. or light trance at least, but its giving a quieter mind.   Chanting is an age old way of quieting the mind and drowning out thoughts.  You could look up a Hindu classic like Om mani padme ommn, or something from your own religious background (most religions have them) or even 'In Peace, Ouut Quiet..' kind of thing. 

For me the easiest taste of meditation is guided meditations and yoga nidras.  They relax the mind and body and putting it into a trance that's very similar to meditation. 

The goal is to be able to just sit with a quiet mind, and the ultimately live there, with imo, thoughts as a tool, instead of our whole identity construct.   We all start out slow but learning to quiet the mind is worthwhile for the calm and perspective it brings. 

Sign in to follow this