naturallaws

Oi

If anyone cares, which I doubt they do, (I mean really, who reads what people put as their first post on the welcome page?) I'd like my first statement to be that I don't claim to be right. I found taoism (daoism? I don't really know, I'm not an expert or anything) when out of curiosity i searched for religions that my views might correspond to. Long story short, I found out that I'm not religious, but the philosophy of taoism stuck out to me because of its fluidity. It lets you expand upon its ideas instead of boxing your mind into a cage and forcing yourself to believe exactly what is written from one book or spoken by one person. Through it, I've found a connection to the universe, even if its not through God, but through the natural laws of science. Well, this is getting long winded, what I'm really saying is I'm searching for people with open minds who might be willing to share their beliefs and reasoning or critique mine. And that's about it, thanks for reading if you got all the way here.

• Like 2

Hello, naturallaws and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi natural,

That sounds pretty close to how I found Taoism.  I don't have a problem with being right.  Agree, flexibility is important.  There will be a few members who will read your post.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Oh snap, read it!

Folks here will definitely share their ideas with you. Welcome, from one TDB noob to another. ;)

• Like 2