Shen Ming-Kuan

Negative Ion Generators

Good day, fellow Bums. I've recently been reading Daniel Reid's The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity, in which he states that negative ions carry qi. (For those who have the book and want a reference: It's page 147.) He further states that negative ions in the air are destroyed by air-conditioning, central heating, and closed spaces; and that this is why office and factory workers are exhausted at the end of their day (relative to someone who works outside in a field, where the negative ion concentration is presumably higher).

Do you use a negative ion generator? If so, what have your experiences been with it, and do you have any such products you would recommend?

Thank you kindly. :)

Ming-Kuan

Hi Shen.

I use one, it's called the ocean.The bigger the wave the more negative ions,the bigger the stoke :lol:

Do you use a negative ion generator? If so, what have your experiences been with it, and do you have any such products you would recommend?

Thank you kindly. :)

Ming-Kuan

I got one, also after reading Daniel Read, because my girlfriend has asthma. She seems to think it helps, and she's an uber-skeptic of all this stuff, so I guess that's good. It was from Elanra. Bloody expensive, but you can give it back after a year for a half refund if you want to.

I got one, also after reading Daniel Read, because my girlfriend has asthma. She seems to think it helps, and she's an uber-skeptic of all this stuff, so I guess that's good. It was from Elanra. Bloody expensive, but you can give it back after a year for a half refund if you want to.

Yup I recently got the Elanra off ebay (for a really great price). I did some research, and although it's normally very expensive, this is the only one worth buying for health purposes - other ones may clean the dust out of the air, but their ion clusters are never small enough to help with breathing. There is also this fresh kind of smell that comes about when the elanra's on, I have it by my bed and turn it on when I go to bed - sleeping's better, and in the morning I bring it close to my face and do some deep breathing which wakes me up as well as calms (my diaphragm really softens up and goes deeper when I do this)

Regarding the connection between negative ions and chi - well, It feels to me like the negative ions kind of lubricate the air, so that chi moves easier and is more 'accessible'.

Yup I recently got the Elanra off ebay (for a really great price).

Bastard! :D

apropos salt...I'm gonna buy some of the himalayan chrystal salt

Karen mentiones at her site. there is defn something wrong with our water.

Edited by rain

The biggest -ion generator is rain. Which is why it is so nice and refreshing to walk about after a storm. Actually any rapidly moving water like a waterfall or a fountain does the same thing which is part of why people find water features so appealing.

My wife bought one years back, not sure of the brand. It was only about $80 and was kind of "cheap" looking. It lasted for about 10 months before it crapped out and I am not certain how effective it was. But it did take particulates and such out of the air, we would have to clean the wall it was beside every couple of days as the dust would film up in that spot. I am thinking a larger one mounted into the forced air furnace, like a humidifier would most likely be more beneficial as the -ions would get circulated throughout the house, and perhaps it could be incorporated into the filter somehow as it tends to clean the air.

Orgone generators are way cheaper than negative ion generators, and so are crystal salt lamps. The lamps are really pretty, too. I have a small one, and even just the look of it when it's on makes me feel better!

I have an air filter with a negative ion generator. But it's the pin type generator (looks like a wire brush and a pin that the charge jumps across) and I'm told they are not very useful, too easy for dust to attach to the contacts and stop the charge. The air filter itself is good (and only $150, HEPA filter) It was for when D was living with her Dad in Cairns, he smokes and we used it to keep the smell out of the bedroom.

The mouse sounds very interesting (except I use a trackball because of my shoulder and back) Going back into a large office in the next few months, anyone got other suggestions for healthy office toys?

I never knew about the effects of salt lamps just though that they looked cool :)

http://www.hunzacrystalsalt.net/Salt_Lamps/salt_lamps.html

I like the look of the little night light that plugs into the wall socket, probably too small to be useful.

Are Orgone generators things like this? http://www.orgoneaustralia.com.au/Harmon.htm

Hi Mal,

There's a big variation in quality among the crystal salt lamp products, and I don't know exactly what kind of salt is used for the ones you're looking at. The Himalayan salt crystals seem to be most effective, and one site that sells them is www.himalayanlivingsalt.com. Not sure if they ship internationally.

The orgone generators you pointed out look very expensive-- check out Dennis Griffin's products at www.orgonecrystals.com, under "Orgonite." He ships internationally, very reasonable prices and top-notch quality.

For info on orgone generators, www.orgoniteinfo.com

-Karen

Edited by karen

Cheers, the Water Vortex Orgone Charger from http://www.orgonecrystals.com/ actually looks cool. And I'm not worried about wasting $25 (unlike a biodisk ) I drink lots of water, could do a bean sprout test to "convince" myself as the sciences sounds......... unusual.

Is it healthy to drink distilled water? (or is the sea salt putting other minerals and trace elements back)

Just out of interest does anyone here own or used a Q-Link before?

http://www.qlinkworld.co.uk/

They seem pretty good but obviously I don't want to spend that much

and find out it ain't all it's made out to be.

If you're on a tighter budget (like me) then these are awesome.

http://www.trionz.com/

http://www.trionz.com/?cmd=technology

Cheers all :lol:

Just out of interest does anyone here own or used a Q-Link before?

I know they are terrifyingly expensive compared to the cost of the components used :( I'd love to believe in this stuff, but I just can't. It's my version of the problem some people have with kunlun.

Cheers, the Water Vortex Orgone Charger from http://www.orgonecrystals.com/ actually looks cool. And I'm not worried about wasting $25 (unlike a biodisk )

Yup, very low risk! Also, Dennis will do custom made pieces.

I drink lots of water, could do a bean sprout test to "convince" myself as the sciences sounds......... unusual.

You might also be able to notice the energetic feel of the water.

Is it healthy to drink distilled water? (or is the sea salt putting other minerals and trace elements back)

Distillation removes the natural crystalline structure of water, so it becomes "aggressive" - it pulls life energy from its environment. Not what you want in your body. It's not only that the chemistry of the water has changed (lack of minerals) but the energy is different, so it's not just a matter of replacing minerals.

Only "living" waer can promote hydration because its structure allows for hydrogen transfer. Hydration is really the result of transferring hydrogen into the cell, and this hydrogen transfer is the function of orgone energy. That's how orgone "energizes" water.

I'm not sure if you can start from dead water like distilled water and restructure it sufficiently--best to start with the best quality water you can.

About salt, only crystal salt is "mature" enough--it's been under tremendous compression for millions of years, which integrates the minerals into the crystalline structure and makes them ionic, which is the only way that they're usable to the body. Even the most unrefined sea salt or rock salt doesn't have this property. They might be the same chemically but not biophysically.

I have an article that goes into more detail on water, salt and hydration.

But the best resource is the book Water and Salt, the Essence of Life, by Barbara Hendel, brilliant work, and visually beautiful.

-Karen

I'm not sure if you can start from dead water like distilled water and restructure it sufficiently--best to start with the best quality water you can.

Cool that makes sense (the site was recommending distilled)

I have an article that goes into more detail on water, salt and hydration.

But the best resource is the book Water and Salt, the Essence of Life, by Barbara Hendel, brilliant work, and visually beautiful.

-Karen

Cheers for the info. Your enthusiasm is swaying me :) and it helps that the Water Vortex Orgone Charger looks rather cool and would improve my level of freakishness at work. I'm already the weirdo that does Tai chi during lunch. Might ramp it up a bit with a HHG for the new office. At the very least they would improve the atmosphere the same way a cool posters or art does.

:D Orgone pyramids will do it. If you want to DEcrease the freak quotient, the salt lamp is great, and at least has a function most people can relate to, "pretty pink rock made into a lamp" rather than "unidentifiable weird object." Come to think of it, Dennis at orgonecrystals.com does make an orgonite lamp.

-Karen

hi karen

i registered on your site.

i just bought and tried the himalayan chrystal salt, and what joy for the palate! i replaced the old salt. time will tell. i am not pleased with the water standard. the water feels dull, government has chlorinated it from time to time..and it always upsets the bacterial environment in my body.

i read about the teaspoon in a glass of water. is this recommendeable if i use salt in my cooking in addition?

don-t want to much salt.

i figured since i am 70 % water, best thing would be to try to balance the internals first.

a friend of mine talked about grandifying water with some sort of pen.(a little strange) .have you heard of anything like that? can't seem to find anything about it on the internet.

also i watched a program about circulating the water in various small basins to energize it...have you heard of this?

Hi Rain,

Isn't the Himalayan crystal salt amazing? I just love it, and don't tend to overdo salting my food when I'm using that. A little goes a long way.

Tap water is definitely dull. I use a water purifier (Multi-Pure) which takes out all the contaminants including chlorine and organics, but can't take out the fluoride except with an aluminum filter which isn't healthy. So I use homeopathy to help get rid of the energy of fluoride. Too expensive to buy non-fluoridated bottled water.

Where did you read about a teaspoon of salt in a glass of water? Generally it's a pinch of salt to a glass of water. That's Dr. Batmangelidj's (can never spell that) "water cure."

Oh, I think you're referring to the sole? (always forget how to type a french accent) That's where you make the brine solution, 26% solution with a chunk of salt crystal and put a teaspoon of that in a glass of water, only once per day. Or add it to a bottle of water that you drink from throughout the day. Even less than 1 teaspoon will have energetic effects - almost like homeopathy. I've used the sole in highly diluted doses.

In addition, some salt in cooking is fine.

Re. the pen thing, I'm not sure this is what you're thinking of, but I've seen something like that for taking on camping trips or when you have to drink untreated water.. I don't think it's great for general use, though, just for emergencies.

Circulating water is a good way to energize it - water naturally flows in spirals. The spiral, centrifugal movement is characteristic of orgone, and that's what creates life. Fascinating stuff.

Water flowing through our pipes is being forced in the opposite direction, so no wonder it comes out all confused :). There are water systems that correct this by creating a spiral vortex - I think one is called the Nordic system, water revitalizer, or something like that.

-Karen

Rain, thanks for posting that site.. unfortunately, my 5 years of studying French many moons ago didn't help much :D

I found an explanation of how the water pen kills microbes here. Looks nifty as far as it goes.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/...00525072643.htm

Still we need to get rid of lots of other toxins and restructure the water for daily use.

by sole and brine you mean salt-solution?

Yup. Soaking the crystal salt in water brings the water to a 26% solution, after which it can't take up any more salt.

Nordic solution... :) ok! well I just saw it in a tv program used by a

norwegian ashtanga yogi.

Hehe, not sure that's the same thing, unless he's using it as a yoga prop :).

Here's the water revitalizer.

Karen