Sign in to follow this  
Try

Hi from Indonesia

Hi, I'm Try. It's my nickname and pronounce more like the word 'tree'. I'm from Indonesia. I'll tell a brief history of mine and how I drifted to this forum.

My first encounter was long distance root chakra opening by Kundalini practitioner when I was in Uni because I wanted to experience what's on the other side of life. It was an eye opener and quite mystical. Hence, I tried to research on the web and practiced myself and see if I have fate with it. After a week or two, I stopped because there is no sign of improvement like the unique sensation from before and the concept of 'colour' and 'sound' confused me a lot.

Around 5-6 years ago, I fell when exercising. It was quite horrifying because even after the apparent physical injuries are gone but and the pain still persisted. I went to doctor but he dismissed it as common injury. Later, my lower back pain felt like burning. Hence I tried going to some alternative things like massage, Yoga, and simple Taichi movement like silk reeling and hugging tree pose. It gave me a temporary relief but not much. Until I found a recommendation to a Qigong practitioner. He said I have pinched nerve near sacral lumbar and my spine wasn't straight. After 3 sessions, it was cured and he said never to come back again. It was another eye opener experience as well. Since then, I started to read book about Qi and Tai Chi for health and practiced abdominal breathing but I'm still in the dark.

Until late last year, my lower back pained again. Fall once or twice to the same bad habit is humanly but thrice, I'm just an unteachable stick. So, I thought to fix my spine and pay more attention to my health. Therefores, I went to chiropractic to fix it but after it is done, my right shoulder felt ticklish intermittently and the feeling was even worse when doing hugging tree pose. Hence, I tried to search something that doesn't involve shoulder heavily and I found 'Stand Still, Be Fit' video series which introduced me to Wuji stance. I started practicing it daily. Lately, I started to wake up earlier than usual, around 5.30 AM and when I practice the wuji stance, there's a straight line light pain from below rib cage to navel area and the pain is growing the longer I keep the stance. I stumbled upon this forum when searching for clue what kind of pain it is. I don't know why but I kinda strayed and found a thread mentioned about Robert Peng. I was kinda curious and searched about Robert Peng. I got his Master Key book and it's kinda clicked to me from the story and the Qi manipulation.

After skimming the book, I found some poses has a lot of similarities with what I've learnt before but with more explanation, like what you have to visualize or do. Then, I kinda realized all the pose I learnt before without its proper intention is meaningless. All of them have 'secret' to them. So, I registered myself as I'm interested to dive more and hope for some guidances before bad things happen when cultivating. Thank you for reading.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, Try and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Try,

I'm sure you will find a few members here willing to talk with you about your situation.  Pain is an indicator that something is not in balance/harmony.  Be cautious that you don't make your situation worse.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

3 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Hi Try,

I'm sure you will find a few members here willing to talk with you about your situation.  Pain is an indicator that something is not in balance/harmony.  Be cautious that you don't make your situation worse.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Thanks for the warning.

I immediately asked someone and he said my energy path is messy and my Sushumna Nadi is problematic hence the pain. I'll get it fixed asap.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this