10zen

From South Asia, Scattered Focus

Hi!

I am 10zen from South Asia. I am interested in different subjects like
meditation, hypnosis, astral projection, qigong, reiki, etc.

But my focus is scattered, I cannot get through things, start one thing for
some time and I kind of lose my enthusiasm and then jump into another
thing. So, I haven't been really able to get results from these things.

Please feel free to give advice on continuing with one thing and turning it into
routine or habit. How to maintain focus one thing and keep going?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hello, 10zen and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi 10zen,

Well, I suppose if you find a reason to continue your studies in a particular subject it will be easier to stick to the effort.  Sometimes we think we have interest in something but after a while our interests fade.  I think this is our mind telling us to do something else.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 2

Instead of focusing on individual techniques you may wish to perform methods that specifically help remove obstacles from your spiritual path....as you do not seem able to maintain any kind of momentum. 

Ganesha is known to help remove obstacles from the seekers path. Perhaps chant his mantra and then ask him for assistance. Useful site, the 40 day working looks promising: https://blog.mindvalley.com/ganesh-mantra/ 

Welcome to TDB. 

• Like 2

IME, &c. &c.

Pick one subject. Pick one good book on it. Pick one practice. 

Every morning, read a chapter or a handful of pages from your book, you set the limit but you do not compromise, you can always read more, but you will never read less. You do not move on from this book until it is finished. 

If you were to pick a practice I would think a mindfulness meditation would be fruitful to provide insight into the "galloping horse" that is our mind. Regardless of what you choose, set a goal, say twenty minutes of sitting & do that every morning. You can always meditate longer (or perform more qigong reps, what have you) if you feel like it but you do not cut it short or skip it. 

You do not to add any other practice until you can consistently practice for three months, although some would say longer. Perhaps at three months you decide to add a physical component to your meditation & take up qigong/taijiquan/yoga; follow the same method & choose, say, the eight brocades. Append this to your daily meditation. Perhaps you would like to meditate twice a day, then add this meditation into your daily practice using the same principles. 

Keep a log, even if it's as simple as a checklist. 

Unfortunately there is no way to buy a move-in ready temple! We must build it block by block. ;)

Most here insist on teacher, so presumably you'll hear a lot of that. 

Edited by 七星門
  • Like 3