Sign in to follow this  
mota

Thread through the labyrinth technique

I was reading through a book on meditation techniques and they mentioned the "thread through the labyrinth "technique, but only gave cursory explanation. I did a google search which yielded nothing of value.

I realize that this is a technique which must be passed on orally, but there must be something of merit to be found on the web by now.

Perhaps some of you may know. If so, could you point out the way to go.

Or, you may know of someone in Calgary, AB who I could talk with.

Anything you have to offer would be helpful and appreciated.

Thanks, but that wasn't what I was looking for.

Here is a small portion of what I was reading:

"A word mollifies the senses. It becomes a substitute that occupies them and makes them not only too busy to engage in their normal activities, but also directs them inward. These words are not ordinary words of our language, but divine sounds that the sages have heard in deep meditation. They arise directly from the divine consciousness. They have no earthly origins and no earthly meanings. The masters discovered these sounds and experimented upon themselves. They found that all sounds will affect us in some way or another, but discarded those that were insignificant or not conducive to their purposes. they kept only those that cleared away the undesirable tendencies of the mind and would turn it toward the good. One of the most important aspects was the unique ability of the word to guide a student to the same state in which the master had originally discovered the sound. The sages call this aspect of the word the "Thread Through the Labyrinth" technique."

So this has to do with power words which can affect one's health and character, etc.

Sign in to follow this