Taomeow

Excuses, excuses...

23 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Thank you, you are too kind.  I'll take three of red and six of black, please, unless you are also serving Almas from the albino beluga and it is properly packaged in a can of pure gold -- if you do, throw in a couple of those too.

And for the main course, since we're on the Russian theme, I'll take those light-emitting pelmeni, you know, the ones they stuff with a mix of elk, veal, pork and the bioluminescent glands of the torch fish, they look very pretty when they glow with this otherworldly blue-green light on your plate, and once you've eaten them, you can distinctly feel inner illumination, which some call enlightenment, and even though they are $2000 per serving, many people spend a lot more than that on various gurus who essentially promise the same thing.

2-95.jpg

Wow ... never seen that before .  

yesterday I made some tarts ;  tart case, will with almond meal,  Cut a fresh fig into 6 segments (leaving the base uncut ) and open like a flower, place it upright on the almond meal in the tart case,  put goat cheese in the middle of fig, drizzle with  orange flower / honey syrup, bake 20 ins at 160 C . 

But for you, and since it is after CNY ....   no tart case .... just a fresh fig, stuffed with goat cheese and drizzled with date molasses .

Now, that is 'karma free' , the fruits 'want to be eaten' , as that is their purpose and the reason the the plant made them.   And the goat milk  ..... okay , I admit I robbed a baby  ...

these-baby-goats-in-tiny-sweaters-will-m

-

' Light emitting food '   ....   hmmmmm 

food-led-frame-500x500.jpg

:D 

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, Nungali said:

Wow ... never seen that before .   

They are served at Golden Gates, a Russian restaurant in the Bronx, NYC, and count among 10 most expensive dishes in the world.  The Curtius Flame Fish, which is apparently the correct name for what I called the torch fish earlier, lives at great depths and is probably not easy to fish out.  But imagine the yin-yang properties of a creature that lives in impenetrable darkness yet emits its own bright light -- yang within yin...  yum within (almost) no one's price range.     

58 minutes ago, Nungali said:

yesterday I made some tarts ;  tart case, will with almond meal,  Cut a fresh fig into 6 segments (leaving the base uncut ) and open like a flower, place it upright on the almond meal in the tart case,  put goat cheese in the middle of fig, drizzle with  orange flower / honey syrup, bake 20 ins at 160 C . 

Sounds mighty fancy. :)  I make something similar on occasion (usually for a potluck or guests, otherwise, too painstaking), but my tarts are numerous and tiny, since I stuff mushroom caps instead of a tart case, and it's not a sweet dish, so, no figs, syrup, or almond meal.  Chopped mushroom legs, cheese (any cheese I have handy), mix in a spoonful of mayo, finely chopped parsley and/or dill and/or cilantro, some black pepper, stuff the caps, bake, and then sit back and enjoy watching people at the table take tremendous choking risks eating them as fast as they can because they know they have to be fast or others will eat them faster. 

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 5

On 02/03/2018 at 11:20 AM, Taomeow said:

Please tell me...

This:

http://bit.ly/2oUCRS6

You'd certainly 'die' while enjoying a meal in that amazing restaurant. ;)

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gerard said:

This:

http://bit.ly/2oUCRS6

You'd certainly 'die' while enjoying a meal in that amazing restaurant. ;)

Have you been to that restaurant?   

My brother-in-law used to have a job that took him all over Europe, spending a few months in every country, and he asserted that Spain was the best place to be food-wise.  (The worst was Sweden...)

Yes, Spanish food !   My sister occasionally goes to Galicia  , home of our  paternal granny , and returns home with tales of culinary wonder.  Supposedly the ocean currents are good there , delivering great seafood .   Wild though  ..... I seen guys getting down in rock crevasses, between huge smashing waves to lever off barnacles to eat (yuk )  , then having to jump / climb / get pulled back up before the next wave  - deadly !   All for some barnacles !  :huh:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ827v6QRoyNj2I9pUlXRt

4918825465_37c05217c6.jpg

Bleerk ! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Taomeow said:

Have you been to that restaurant?   

Not that particular that one because I only found out about it while living in Australia (left Spain in '98), a real shame since that chef doesn't really advertise, when I lived in Spain I never heard about him or his restaurant :(. I have been in others in that region and the way they cook is simply outstanding. Basque people know how to eat! :) 

San Sebastian is the town I know well culinary-wise:

https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2016/oct/03/10-best-restaurants-bars-san-sebastian-basque-country-chosen-by-experts

he asserted that Spain was the best place to be food-wise.  (The worst was Sweden...)

Fully agree. Spain is a very Yin and Yang country. Very balanced, that obviously is reflected in the produce.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Nungali said:

My sister occasionally goes to Galicia

Yes great seafood due to the Atlantic currents (Yang)...but best chefs are all in the Basque region. They probably purchase their goods from Galicia since seafood quality is better than the calmer waters (too Yin) in the area that is located in, bordering southern France.

• Like 1

A lot of its coast line is wild and rugged and exposed to the Atlantic weather 

bf2ba853065812fb2cdd6e3be07bc9fc.jpg