dwai

What is Kundalini and what entails an awakening

12 minutes ago, Fa Xin said:

Very cool! Thanks for your descriptions. Sounds like a very intricate process, kudos for sticking with it. When you say clearing crown to heart, can I ask why? Does the healing qi come down from above, or is it the pathway the qi flows?

I've never really asked why or thought about it too much. I was just following a very clear instruction in a dream to do this certain sort of breathing in through the crown and exhaling down into my belly, and when I started doing that I found that the energy charging action that I had been doing suddenly seemed to disrupt the healing qi, and just the breathing seemed to keep it flowing, so I stopped doing the charging action and just continued with the breathing until a couple of months later I dreamt I was to stop that and just go back to normal breathing. But I'm not really sure about the mechanics of it except to say that it works, and it never gets exhausted. 

I guess my view of things is: rather than clearing specific channels, I clear the issues and junk associated with my conditioning. As I do this, I feel the channels clear as a biproduct of that letting go. 

This is pretty much what I did from the start, I just receive quite a lot of detailed information now about what is going on in specific channels. Mostly I don't even feel it, but very occasionally some new gift comes along that demonstrates to me that something is progressing. 

I very much enjoyed your quote on the heart knot!!! Great find. and agree that specific “love” and worldly concepts therein fall away. Your family and friends take the level of strangers in your heart: everyone becomes equal. It can be a very confusing and frustrating time for someone who isn’t aware of what is happening, I can imagine.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Apech said:

When people have not laid the foundations of a strong and stable subtle body the force of kundalini can activate a range of symptoms like physical shaking, eyesight problems and even worse psychopathology.  Removing ignorance involves seeing things as they really are and not just energy manipulation but kundalini properly handled can promote awakening as it gives extra 'mental' strength and power to cut through illusion.  

10 hours ago, ChiForce said:

Based on my experience, you need to penetrate Form at least....You must successfully relinquish your attachment to some degree.  I am referring to your immediate attachment and assuming they are bothering you and you are suffering from them.  Physically, you have to be largely "clean" since the Kundalini energy can worsen your physical condition if you aren't physically well.  The energy is like putting yourself on fire and letting it burn...burn all karma away...hehehehe.  It gets HOT to the point that you would be sweating.  The experience is frightening as well and it just comes on you very quickly. 

The worst that could happen is that the energy can damage your nervous system and making you to experience a psychosis.  

Remember this...Kundalini energy rising experience is often being TRIGGERED by intense, prolong mental trauma experienced by your mind.  Ideally, yes, the process should be guided by a guru BUT most people goes through the experience in a spontaneous way as long as the condition is met.  Others would use drugs to induce the experience but........can't say it is the same........  

Its funny, I was just explaining this to the fellas earlier.

"K flare" is like lightning.  What happens when lightning "strikes?"  The charge differential outpaces the medium's ability to uphold the lines of force, and when the lines of force are....forced together....until they touch,

*CLAPS HANDS* (once, loud)

Jing is an ostensible qi-sink.  If one's qi outpaces the jing's ability to uphold the charge, that "lightning strike" is what's known as "K flare up."

Its stupid and irresponsible to cultivate this without a foundation for it.

Which is why that link posted here, imho, is irresponsible

45 minutes ago, Bindi said:

Well, in one sense I just knew it was time to focus on the heart, but the real world conspired in showing me how to raise the energies from the navel area to the heart area around the same time, and it was a very specific action, it didn't rise by itself. It was at this time that I also started being able to run healing qi out through my hands, so heart work for me also entailed clearing the arm channels for at least a year, and then some channel from the crown to the heart to allow healing qi to always be available freely.  

But heart work also meant clearing ida and pingala between the heart and the head, and entering the central channel, and various other details, mainly setting things ready for later. 

This description of the heart knot might make my position a bit clearer as well:

Simple Kundalini Pranayama is for the modern man who has no time for contemplation, meditation or the real McCoy, Kundalini Yoga.

A responsible author....a responsible master....would not indicate that just because "man" is "now" ..."modern"....that foregoing safety mechanisms is somehow acceptable? 

I lit a match once, when I was 5, and not knowing quite how fast that damned thing got hot, or how hot that damned thing got....I had a nice burn on my thumb, and was treated to the smell of burnt flesh.

seriously, the pasting....ffs...would it be acceptable to create an additional group and let some folks have some real editing capacity instead of having to deal with utter shite formatting any time posting is more than just typing a few words...the second outside information needs to enter into a post, the formatting goes to shit.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bindi said:

I've never really asked why or thought about it too much. I was just following a very clear instruction in a dream to do this certain sort of breathing in through the crown and exhaling down into my belly, and when I started doing that I found that the energy charging action that I had been doing suddenly seemed to disrupt the healing qi, and just the breathing seemed to keep it flowing, so I stopped doing the charging action and just continued with the breathing until a couple of months later I dreamt I was to stop that and just go back to normal breathing. But I'm not really sure about the mechanics of it except to say that it works, and it never gets exhausted. 

This is pretty much what I did from the start, I just receive quite a lot of detailed information now about what is going on in specific channels. Mostly I don't even feel it, but very occasionally some new gift comes along that demonstrates to me that something is progressing. 

Sounds like you are getting some inner guidance on things and following that.   It's great as long as it helps one progress.  So, is this practice like the Tibetan yoga of dreams and sleep? Do you follow any particular school or tradition?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, joeblast said:

Its funny, I was just explaining this to the fellas earlier.

"K flare" is like lightning.  What happens when lightning "strikes?"  The charge differential outpaces the medium's ability to uphold the lines of force, and when the lines of force are....forced together....until they touch,

*CLAPS HANDS* (once, loud)

Jing is an ostensible qi-sink.  If one's qi outpaces the jing's ability to uphold the charge, that "lightning strike" is what's known as "K flare up."

Its stupid and irresponsible to cultivate this without a foundation for it.

Which is why that link posted here, imho, is irresponsible

Simple Kundalini Pranayama is for the modern man who has no time for contemplation, meditation or the real McCoy, Kundalini Yoga.

A responsible author....a responsible master....would not indicate that just because "man" is "now" ..."modern"....that foregoing safety mechanisms is somehow acceptable? 

I lit a match once, when I was 5, and not knowing quite how fast that damned thing got hot, or how hot that damned thing got....I had a nice burn on my thumb, and was treated to the smell of burnt flesh.

Reveal hidden contents

seriously, the pasting....ffs...would it be acceptable to create an additional group and let some folks have some real editing capacity instead of having to deal with utter shite formatting any time posting is more than just typing a few words...the second outside information needs to enter into a post, the formatting goes to shit.

I had no such fear or issues after a K flare up.

Thought it was really cool and continued with my practices.

If you fear it.. that is what you will get.

13 hours ago, Jonesboy said:

I experienced it back in 2014 when I was doing AYP.

was doing DM or maybe SBP, I get a lot of visual stuff with SBP. Well anyways I was doing my practice and then from nowhere. Energy like a river was flowing from my groin it could have been 1 or 2 I don't know. It was flowing through me and out of my head. I had a very cool visual that was going along with it. This was a display of energy beyond anything I have ever experienced.”

When it happened I remember clamping down on the energy, being fearful of what would happen but even then I knew that was the wrong thing to do. It’s all about letting go and trusting yourself.

FYI, I had no negative effects from the experience.

I dont know what DM or SBP means, but I know of some (knowledgeable) folks who would assert that you did not experience Kundalini. 

I'm not necessarily asserting that, though ;)

But I do know that there's some very significant differences between what's explained in bindi's link, and what Max taught me - and that practice, I backed off on, because I was getting the impression that I might as well wait for a thunderstorm, get a couple silver maple leafs, go sit on top of a mountain, sit on one, put the other on top of my head...

• Like 3

I think if one is trying to discuss Kundalini, it is very important to realize that there are different levels of Kundalini that many traditions do not realize.  Kashmir Shaivism does a pretty good job of describing these different levels (or types).  From The Secret Supreme...

Para kundalini is the supreme visarga of Siva. As you know from studying the theory of matrikacakra, visarga [ : ] com- prises two points. These points are said to be Siva and Sakti. In the real sense, however, these points are not Siva and Sakti; they are the revealing point and the concealing point. 

Cit kundalini is experienced by yogins by means of concen- trating on the center between any two breaths, thoughts, or actions, between the destruction and creation of any two things. As you have learned in your study of the seven states of tnrya, when the yogin maintains his awareness continually in concentrating on the center, he enters that junction which exists between any two states of the individual subjective body, wak- ing, dreaming, or deep sleep.  

Prana kundalini also comes about through the process of centering. Prana kundalini, however, is only experienced by those yogins who, along with their attachment to spirituality, also have attachments to worldly pleasures. If your desire and attachment is only for spirituality, then cit kundalini takes place. Whether you experience the rise of kundalini as cit kundalini or as prana kundalini depends on your attachments. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, joeblast said:

I dont know what DM or SBP means, but I know of some (knowledgeable) folks who would assert that you did not experience Kundalini. 

I'm not necessarily asserting that, though ;)

But I do know that there's some very significant differences between what's explained in bindi's link, and what Max taught me - and that practice, I backed off on, because I was getting the impression that I might as well wait for a thunderstorm, get a couple silver maple leafs, go sit on top of a mountain, sit on one, put the other on top of my head...

DM is a mantra meditation

SBP is Spinal breathing Pranayama.. moving the energy from root to 3rd eye..

So having energy flooding you from root up past your crown.. feeling like it is ripping your crown off the top of my head wasn't a kundalini flare up?

I have experienced the heat, tingles, crawling sensation, you name it..

It is all just energy.. if you fear and try to stop it.. it gets worse.. let go and trust that it is you and you are not going to harm you.. it's all easy.

I am not one for there being different types of energy.  As we clear more or gain clarity the energy seems to change but it is only us that is changing. There is only light, if it was the other way around that would be dualistic.

Like Ramana has said:

Ramana Maharshi mentioned that Kundalini is nothing but the natural energy of the Self, where Self is the universal consciousness (Paramatma) present in every being and that the individual mind of thoughts cloaks this natural energy from unadulterated expression. Advaita teaches self-realization, enlightenment, God-consciousness, and nirvana. But initial Kundalini awakening is just the beginning of the actual spiritual experience. Self-inquiry meditation is considered a very natural and simple means of reaching this goal.

People begin to feel energy.. feel the various sensations from within, coming from outside of them.. it is all new and many fear that which is new.

Edited by Jonesboy
  • Like 3

well, that's why I said I didnt necessarily agree with the assertion, I just know it'd be made by someone.

also why I detailed the electromagnetic analogue of lightning and correlated the jing-qi sink

this tells me that your practices were balanced enough that there was no overload :)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joeblast said:

well, that's why I said I didnt necessarily agree with the assertion, I just know it'd be made by someone.

also why I detailed the electromagnetic analogue of lightning and correlated the jing-qi sink

this tells me that your practices were balanced enough that there was no overload :)

Thanks,

That happened with less than a year of practicing and I would not recommend AYP which is the set of practices to anyone.

I overloaded a lot on those practices and before I stopped it was like my head was floating in clouds all the time. Not a very grounded system.

Thank you for the kind words.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Thanks,

That happened with less than a year of practicing and I would not recommend AYP which is the set of practices to anyone.

I overloaded a lot on those practices and before I stopped it was like my head was floating in clouds all the time. Not a very grounded system.

Thank you for the kind words.

its part of the reason why I have this big ol anapanasati drum, that I go around beating all the time :D  (and encouraging rote depth achievement...)

who knows what sorts of cookings I'd have exposed myself to without that first 3 years of having pretty much nothing but that...it saved me from a lot of heady spaceyness, it would seem.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, joeblast said:

its part of the reason why I have this big ol anapanasati drum, that I go around beating all the time :D  (and encouraging rote depth achievement...)

who knows what sorts of cookings I'd have exposed myself to without that first 3 years of having pretty much nothing but that...it saved me from a lot of heady spaceyness, it would seem.

At the same time it opened my heart.

I had never felt such love, such joy for everyone.

I still feel that joy to this day.. while I may not recommend it anymore I am blessed for what it did and where it lead me.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Jeff said:

I think if one is trying to discuss Kundalini, it is very important to realize that there are different levels of Kundalini that many traditions do not realize.  Kashmir Shaivism does a pretty good job of describing these different levels (or types).  From The Secret Supreme...

Para kundalini is the supreme visarga of Siva. As you know from studying the theory of matrikacakra, visarga [ : ] com- prises two points. These points are said to be Siva and Sakti. In the real sense, however, these points are not Siva and Sakti; they are the revealing point and the concealing point. 

Cit kundalini is experienced by yogins by means of concen- trating on the center between any two breaths, thoughts, or actions, between the destruction and creation of any two things. As you have learned in your study of the seven states of tnrya, when the yogin maintains his awareness continually in concentrating on the center, he enters that junction which exists between any two states of the individual subjective body, wak- ing, dreaming, or deep sleep.  

Prana kundalini also comes about through the process of centering. Prana kundalini, however, is only experienced by those yogins who, along with their attachment to spirituality, also have attachments to worldly pleasures. If your desire and attachment is only for spirituality, then cit kundalini takes place. Whether you experience the rise of kundalini as cit kundalini or as prana kundalini depends on your attachments. 

That description from 'The Secret Supreme' is simply brilliant.  Especially Para Kundalini as supreme visarga of Shiva.  I know some Sanskrit and familiar with the visarga [ : ].  But, I never came across something that explained those points as Shiva and Shakti.  Certain other things that I have read about visarga makes sense in this context.  Thanks.

Can we compare this points in visarga or Para Kundalini to the two poles or the masculine and feminine principle in Daoism? To me, it sounds similar.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, s1va said:

That description from 'The Secret Supreme' is simply brilliant.  Especially Para Kundalini as supreme visarga of Shiva.  I know some Sanskrit and familiar with the visarga [ : ].  But, I never came across something that explained those points as Shiva and Shakti.  Certain other things that I have read about visarga makes sense in this context.  Thanks.

Can we compare this points in visarga or Para Kundalini to the two poles or the masculine and feminine principle in Daoism? To me, it sounds similar.

Yes, or in my terms revealing would be transmission, and concealing would be reception.  In taoism, they are the "Two" that come from the "One". 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Jeff said:

A follow up from the same book that some might find interesting...

It is important for you to know that in the process of prana kundalini, you may not go beyond muladhara cakra or beyond nabhi cakra. You may only experience muladhara cakra and then come out into ordinary life. Then again you will have to begin with your practice of centering. For the full experience of prana kundalini, whether you are a householder, married or unmarried, you have to give your full life to it.

From nabhi cakra, the force rises to hrit cakra, which is the cakra of the heart, and which is experienced as being right in the center in between the two breasts. When the force reaches hrit cakra, it also begins to move and you feel all three wheels spinning with great velocity, you hear their sound, and you even experience the spokes that comprise their wheels. From hrit cakra, the force of breath rises up to kanthacakra, the cakra at the pit of the throat, and this cakra also begins to rotate at a very high speed. From kanthacakra, the force of breath reaches to bhrumadhya cakra, the cakra found between the two eyebrows, and it also begins to rotate. With the move- ment of bhrumadhya cakra, we have come to the end of the process of movement.

When the force of breath moves from bhrumadhya cakra, rising to sahasrara cakra, sahasrara cakra does not begin rotating. It does not move; rather, it is pierced by great yogins. And this piercing does not always take place. Sometimes it is pierced and sometimes it is not, depending on whether or not you have attachment to worldly pleasures. This piercing will only take place when you do not have any attachment for worldly pleasures. And when you do pierce this cakra, then you become completely filled with bliss and enter into the process of cit kundalini.

If you do not pierce this cakra then, you will only travel up to bhrumadhya cakra and from bhrumadhya cakra, you will come out and achieve astasiddhih, the eight great yogic powers. 

So what they are saying is that there are like kind of different levels (or "sheaths").  Clear one and then you can go on to the next. :) 

• Like 4

And this one seems especially on point for the discussion listing the six different kinds of Kundalini Risings...

Here are variations in the rise of prana kundalini from muladhara cakra, depending on the desires and longings of the aspirant. When a yogin has an intense longing for achieving the recognition of Supreme "I" through the mantra "aham" (I am), then, because of this desire and longing, his breath becomes full of bliss, joy, and ecstasy. Automatically, this blissful force of breath penetrates muladhara cakra in the form of this mantra. He feels simultaneously that he is the existence of, and one with, this rise of kundalini. This sensation then moves and rises with the penetrating force of blissful breath from mulad- hara cakra and penetrates nabhi cakra, which is found in the navel. From the navel it penetrates hrit cakra, which is found in the heart, and from the heart it penetrates kantha cakra, which is found in the throat. And finally, from the throat it pen- etrates bhrumadhya cakra, which is found between the eye- brows. This particular kind of penetration, brought about by the force of the mantra aham, "I am," is called mantravedha in our Saivism.

A different type of rising takes place when a yogin desires to uplift people. This yogin possesses this particular intensity of desire and feels that he is doing his practice for the benefit of mankind. He does not want to help himself, he wants to help others. For him, the rise of prana kundalini begins with the blissful force of breath touching muladhara cakra, which then begins to move. Simultaneously the blissful force of breath is transformed into nada. Here, nada means "I am meant for the upliftment of mankind." Literally, the word nada means "sound." It is called nada because this yogin wants to explain the Universal Reality to others. This sensation of nada continues as prana kundalini rises to penetrate the navel, then the heart, then the throat, and finally, the eyebrows. This particular type of penetration is called nadavedha.

The next variation in the rise of prana kundalini takes place when a yogin is attached to ease, comfort, happiness, and joy. He wants peace of mind and nothing else. In this case, when the blissful force of breath in the form of prana kundalini penetrates muladhara cakra and then rises to penetrate the navel, heart, throat, and eyebrows, it is transformed into a fountain of semen. He feels that it is a fountain of semen which is rising from muladhara cakra to brahmarandhra and spreading throughout his body. It rises with tremendous force, just like a fountain. How joyful and happy he becomes! Sexual joy is nothing in comparison. Due to the intensity of joy inherent in this particular rise of prana kundalini, he at once loses all taste for worldly pleasures. This kind of penetration is called binduvedha.

Another variation in the rise of prana kundalini takes place when a yogin has the desire to become strong and to maintain his strength. He would like to maintain himself in perfect condition. He would like to be able to teach others concerning his internal feelings without experiencing any fatigue. In this person, when the blissful force of breath penetrates muladhara cakra and then rises to penetrate the navel, heart, throat, and eyebrows, it rises in the form of an ant. This is because the blissful force of breath is transformed into energy. This is the rise of energy in prana, kundalini. He feels that energy is being developed and that he is becoming the embodiment of energy. This particular type of penetration in prima kundalini is called saktavedha.

The fifth variation in the rise of prana kundalini takes place when a yogin has the impression that the form and reality of kundalini is actually serpent power. When the yogin has this impression, then the rise of that blissful force of breath in the form of prana kundalini arises in the form of a cobra. He actually experiences that it is a cobra which is rising, with its tail remaining in and touching muladhara cakra and its body stretching to penetrate all of the cakras up to and including brahmarandhra. This kind of penetration is called bhujangavedha.

The sixth and last variation in the rise of prana kundalini takes place when the yogin acquires, in the course of his practice, the desire to secretly initiate a few of his disciples without anyone knowing. For this yogin, when the blissful force of breath penetrates muladhara cakra and rises from muladhara cakra to penetrate the navel, heart, throat, and eyebrows, it rises in the form of the buzzing of a black bee. He experiences the sound of a black bee and he also experiences intense bliss associated with this rise. This type of penetration is called bhramaravedha.

Of these six variations of penetration which take place in the rise of prana kundalini, I would appreciate experiencing only two of them, mantravedha and binduvedha. I would give everything for the experience of these two. Whether or not you experience a particular kind of penetration, however, is out of your hands, it is automatically determined by your deepest desires and longings. 

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 7

Ah...the sound aspect of the Kundalini is interesting...hearing the inner sound of your own chakras.  Yes....this sound is very noticeably strong within the experience itself.  Outside of it, you can hear them in your mind and mental background...in various frequencies reflecting which chakras.  With tinnitus, you only have one sound.  In a kundalini awakening, one can hear multiple of them all at once.     

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, ChiForce said:

Ah...the sound aspect of the Kundalini is interesting...hearing the inner sound of your own chakras.  Yes....this sound is very noticeably strong within the experience itself.  Outside of it, you can hear them in your mind and mental background...in various frequencies reflecting which chakras.  With tinnitus, you only have one sound.  In a kundalini awakening, one can hear multiple of them all at once.     

:) 

17 hours ago, Bindi said:

Imagining energy coming in through the crown and going down into the earth and then up again is not actually bringing energy into the central channel though. 

What if the imagining is through the central channel ?  I'm thinking of the Taiji Pole? 

So it seems somewhat dependent on the practice or intention.  

For example, in my bygone days of Qigong and Medical Qigong, the 'imagining' was always down through the Taiji Pole (Central Channel), but if a meditative practice was done, then the MCO was imagined as more a circular flow around the body.

So it may depend on one's imagining or practice. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dawei said:

What if the imagining is through the central channel ?  I'm thinking of the Taiji Pole? 

So it seems somewhat dependent on the practice or intention.  

For example, in my bygone days of Qigong and Medical Qigong, the 'imagining' was always down through the Taiji Pole (Central Channel), but if a meditative practice was done, then the MCO was imagined as more a circular flow around the body.

So it may depend on one's imagining or practice. 

Most of what is called MCO is not actually MCO but part of clearing the channels as per 'laying the foundations'.  True MCO only occurs when the medicine or pill has been generated in the LDT and happens spontaneously - there are various models for this depending on the school of Nei Dan.  

Bringing down energy either through the central channel or just generally to wash over the body is not kundalini either in my view.

To my understanding kundalini is specifically and technically the energy which is coiled up at the base of the spine - although closely associated with sexual energy et.c it is something more than breakthrough type exeriences of being flooded with energy.  The issue is that what we term 'energy« is actually a sentient force which stores experiences - to exist as an individual with a conscious mind there has to be a way to prevent flooding and so energy + ancestral forms are stored and locked up in the base chakra.  the release of this energy is specific and potentially traumatic (which is why it is kept stored up in the first place) there is an opportunity to gain wisdom and power - but also an opportunity to get screwed - which is why I referred to kundalini syndrome or psychosis above.

It is true that 'all energy is energy`` and so on - but then a light bulb is emitting energy and so is a nuclear bomb.  In any case what we are calling energy is not a neutral force like electricity it is sentient power which is why it is sometimes personified as Shakti.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Apech said:

Most of what is called MCO is not actually MCO but part of clearing the channels as per 'laying the foundations'.  True MCO only occurs when the medicine or pill has been generated in the LDT and happens spontaneously - there are various models for this depending on the school of Nei Dan.  

Bringing down energy either through the central channel or just generally to wash over the body is not kundalini either in my view.

To my understanding kundalini is specifically and technically the energy which is coiled up at the base of the spine - although closely associated with sexual energy et.c it is something more than breakthrough type exeriences of being flooded with energy.  The issue is that what we term 'energy« is actually a sentient force which stores experiences - to exist as an individual with a conscious mind there has to be a way to prevent flooding and so energy + ancestral forms are stored and locked up in the base chakra.  the release of this energy is specific and potentially traumatic (which is why it is kept stored up in the first place) there is an opportunity to gain wisdom and power - but also an opportunity to get screwed - which is why I referred to kundalini syndrome or psychosis above.

It is true that 'all energy is energy`` and so on - but then a light bulb is emitting energy and so is a nuclear bomb.  In any case what we are calling energy is not a neutral force like electricity it is sentient power which is why it is sometimes personified as Shakti.

How might you know if the pill or medicine had been generated? 

Vajrayana practitioners who listen to the advise of their teachers and duly apply the recommended practices of ngondro for a good length of time, then attend at least one long retreat (1 year or 3 years) will benefit from having all the stored trauma neutralised, so that when they move on to candali, tummo etc ('secret' practices) they wont experience the kind of negative kick-backs so often heard about from those who either dont have a proper system to follow, or who have one, but decide to do it their own way for whatever reason (lack of patience comes to mind). Its silly to try and manage/instill K awakening without proper foundation. 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, ChiForce said:

To me, the sound aspect is not really just a Kundalini thing, it is more related to how the mind translates perception of different “layers/levels” of energy flow. Like if you connect to two people at the same time, but the reside at different layers of consciousness/clarity you will be able to notice the tone difference pretty easily.

• Like 2

This quote from Norbu (Dzogchen master) states that Kundalini energy is the same as the energy in tummo and part of the mother tantras....

As well as utilizing these practice methods as the base, the mother tantras are mainly concerned with the completion phase, or dzogrim, that consists in re-absorbing or integrating the pure mandala dimension within one's "subtle" body composed of the channels, prana, and vital essence (rtsa, clung, thig le). For this reason, the breathing methods and those of concentration on the cakras and channels are indispensable, together with perfect mastery of the kundalini energy. In fact, the famous teachings known in the modern tradition as the "Six Yogas of Naropa," especially widespread in the Kagyud school, belong long to dzogrim. These are: Tuummo, or "inner heat yoga"; Gyulii, or "illusory body yoga"; Wodsal, or "clear light yoga"; Milam, or "dream yoga"; Bardo, or "intermediate state yoga"; and Pliowa, or "transference ence of consciousness yoga."

-The Supreme Source

Edited by Jeff
  • Like 2