Sulo Eno

Blue Light

Hello,

As I mentioned in a recent post, I am just beginning the FP series. Haven't noticed any blue light or aura, and am not particularly interested in doing so. Is this something people necessarily experience? Does it go away if one quits practicing? Seems metaphysical and slightly unsettling.

Hello Sulo Eno.

Any energetic practice, or even getting better health through other means, will sooner or later produce phosphenes. Even if you prayed to God fervently, it would happen. This is due to your optical nerves being stimulated and cleansed by energy. Whether or not this will be regular depends on your condition, and the strength and nature of your chosen practice. All genuine spiritual traditions will tell you to dismiss these as unnecessary and possibly distracting phenomena. Just do your practice and enjoy the good health and wellbeing.

In my humble opinion all energetic training at least borders on metaphysical. It's a matter of your conscience and carefully informed choice whether you agree any such training is for you. If you are looking for very beneficial practices with no conscious energy cultivation that are instead based on materialistic Western science, then you could try looking into David Berceli's TRE (Tension, Stress & Trauma Release Exercise). It works really well.

Seeing blue light internally is an advanced mark of Flying Phoenix practice. Visible blue aura would be even more so. I have read that Flying Phoenix energy is particularly slow to dissipate, but blue light shouldn't appear spontaneously if you didn't practice.

• Like 1

Good questions. You should ask any other ones you have on the Flying Phoenix group page, as Sifu Terry is normally around there to weigh in.

• Like 1

I don't know if it's something that people "necessarily" experience, but with the combination of the "blue Qi" cultivated by the FP meditations (which is, as I understand it, essential to the effect of the meditations) and the dramatic effect the FP system has on your ability to perceive Qi in general (although some of the meditations seem to enhance this more than others), if it's something you find unsettling and want to avoid, then you may want to consider a different system of Qigong.

In my experience, it's something that popped up pretty quickly. Actually it seemed to start out as more of a violet with a pinkish tinge, and then deepen to a blue over time - I'm not sure why, although I suspect it has to do with increasing levels of the Qi accumulating and/or the fact that I changed my practice to include a more balanced amount of the seated meditations instead of just the standing ones.

At least one FP practitioner has said that it's never gone beyond the pink/violet for him, and that he also only practices the Long Form, so I suspect it's the latter and that the MSW meditations serve to "catalyse" the energy in some way (interestingly, Sifu Terry has said that the Long Form can replace the earlier standing meditations, but not the seated ones, which supports this theory imo, but you'd have to ask him).

Based on what I've experienced and what others have said, I'd be surprised if you did a well rounded routine of the first 2 DVD's for 6 - 12 months or so and didn't at least start seeing lights behind the eyes during practice, blue visual tracers after training, general outlines of "light" around people and objects, etc. If you really dedicated yourself to the MSW meditations and especially MGAM, I suspect it would happen quite a bit faster.

That said, my experience is also that it "does" mostly fade if you stop practising. Maybe there's a point of no return, but I doubt it's early enough that you couldn't stop after your first few times experiencing these phenomena if you decided you were uncomfortable with them.

Personally I practised for 3 months the first time around, started experiencing some of these effects, then stopped for over 2 years. During those 2 years I didn't experience any specific FP visual phenomena or sensations of the FP Qi, although I did retain a slight perception of a "glow" around people and plants (Wei Qi field? Aura? Not sure). I'm not sure either way if this is attributable to the FP meditations, I was also doing a lot of Hermetic training at the time, which may have also contributed. Either way, it wasn't something that caused any issues and could be easily ignored if I had wanted to.

I'd say you probably want to do some deep introspection about why these phenomena make you uncomfortable before proceeding with FP practice.

Although I'd also say that you're going to have a hard time finding a system of Qigong or meditation which "doesn't" result in altered perceptions, energetic sensations and experiences further along that spectrum, if you take it far enough. You can't go swimming without getting wet, and if you go swimming in the ocean you're probably going to see some fish, you know?

If you want purely physical health benefits that don't require any recourse to energetic/spiritual mechanics or conceptualisations, you might be better off finding a martial arts teacher or yoga teacher who takes a purely body-mechanics based approach. 

That's my 2c anyway, I do feel this is really something you should post in the FP thread where you can get some input from Sifu Terry.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

Hi

"I'd say you probably want to do some deep introspection about why these phenomena make you uncomfortable before proceeding with FP practice."

I don't require deep introspection to know why these phenomena make me uncomfortable. 

a.) These are abnormal in the general human population.

b.) I don't know the source or mechanics of these phenomena.

c.) I don't know the consequences of these phenomena.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sulo Eno said:

I don't require deep introspection to know why these phenomena make me uncomfortable. 

Dear Sulo,

Some perception of blue light occurred for me the very first times I did the FP exercise. More practice tended to facilitate this. No such phenomena occurred in the periods (like now) when I do not practice.

So ...

a) abnormal as in low frequency ... felt entirely natural and hasn't worried me at all. 

b ) definitely a mystery, although there some theories one could consider.

c). I would say it was more an epiphenomenal signpost.

If you are worried about this then definitely don't do FP. Because the light is a fairly obvious but inoffensive change; it is reflecting what are much less obvious but probably more important changes - so if this one worries you you probably are going to be more worried about the other ones! I would also say that you should probably avoid any energy work at all if you are worried about standing differently from the general human population. The cultivation practices that are effective will all make you rather nervous in this regard.

Good luck,

• Like 1

Besides the phosphoric phenomena which is absolutely inner-physical, there is also a bluish inner vision when Watcing is done above eye levels, meaning it becomes very easy to imagine things with a bluish tint. Also the jhana level when an internal light appears by itself also contains blue as well as golden. I manged to come barely this far. There is also an atomic reaction in the central channel, which feels very physical, its radiations I feel, see and hear internally. My opinion is when this purifies and gets more intense by practice with a kundalini-shielded body, then this radiation will be observable from the outside. 

On 2/28/2018 at 3:08 AM, Sulo Eno said:

Hi

"I'd say you probably want to do some deep introspection about why these phenomena make you uncomfortable before proceeding with FP practice."

That's fair enough, although if those are the dealbreakers for you, you're going to have a very hard time finding any system of qigong, meditation or energetic style practice with which you're comfortable. Which is fine :) 

I think mostly_empty summed it up pretty well, but my own thoughts on the matter are roughly:

a.) So are a lot of things, some good, some bad. I don't see this as a factor either way. But if you're looking to fit into some conceptualization of "the mainstream" then yeah, Qigong probably isn't going to make that easier, and FP is admittedly a little more "out there" than a lot of systems.

b.) If you read what Sifu Terry has posted in the FP thread over the years, most of it can be pieced together. Not all of it though, and if you're after an explanation which fits into the current Western scientific consensus, you'll be disappointed.

c.) My experience (which is by no means extensive in the scheme of things) is that the phenomena you're describing about are the consequences of the deeper internal changes worked by the FP meditations. They're generally pleasant, and useful as indications that what is supposed to be happening is happening, but that's mostly it. 

For what it's worth, in roughly a year and change worth of regular FP practice (and more irregular practice before that), I've yet to experience any effects that haven't ultimately turned out to be beneficial, although some of them were uncomfortable or unnerving at the time I was first experiencing them. But yeah, if you're not up for some weird and "out there" experiences, you might want to look elsewhere :P 

On ‎2‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, Sulo Eno said:

Hello,

As I mentioned in a recent post, I am just beginning the FP series. Haven't noticed any blue light or aura, and am not particularly interested in doing so. Is this something people necessarily experience? Does it go away if one quits practicing? Seems metaphysical and slightly unsettling.

Eventually you will see blue light if that is what you are looking for.  But then, you will see red light if that is what you are looking for.

I hesitate to say this but, ... white light is the purest, unaltered light.

But that's not an end, in my opinion.  Once you have seen white light there is still the need to go beyond the light and feel (not see) the energy that produces the light.

• Like 1

I don't know anything about FP but I have had some experiences over the years where if I'm in the dark in a room there's a strange blue light/glow around or in front of me, not internal vision but with my eyes open and viewing outside of me. It's happened a number of times and for whatever reason I haven't dwelled on it but when it repeats I recall and think there it goes again.

8 hours ago, CityHermit! said:

I don't know anything about FP but I have had some experiences over the years where if I'm in the dark in a room there's a strange blue light/glow around or in front of me, not internal vision but with my eyes open and viewing outside of me. It's happened a number of times and for whatever reason I haven't dwelled on it but when it repeats I recall and think there it goes again.

Could be you are seeing your own Chi energy.

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 4:33 AM, Marblehead said:

Could be you are seeing your own Chi energy.

I don't know, I haven't assumed that off the bat because sometimes it would be right in front of me and sometimes several feet away. I've had all kinds of other experiences though that I could more reasonably associate with personal energy so I haven't given this one too much thought in regards to it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, CityHermit! said:

I don't know, I haven't assumed that off the bat because sometimes it would be right in front of me and sometimes several feet away. I've had all kinds of other experiences though that I could more reasonably associate with personal energy so I haven't given this one too much thought in regards to it.

Yeah, this is a tricky one but I wanted to mention the possibility.

I personally can't see those things but I am convinced that some others can.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, this is a tricky one but I wanted to mention the possibility.

I personally can't see those things but I am convinced that some others can.

I've known some people and have heard lots of anecdotes of others regarding things like that, have had a bit more experiences like that myself too but I don't go out of my way to look for it. While there's a lot more I could say I don't want to drift off topic from the thread either. Thanks for your input though.

• Like 1

The blue light is common in Flying Phoenix and the best person to get information for that is from Terry himself from the Flying Phoenix thread at 

or a reading from Eric Isen at www.ayurvedicintuitive.com 

On 2/23/2018 at 12:05 PM, virtue said:

Seeing blue light internally is an advanced mark of Flying Phoenix practice

This is also a side effect from too much synthetic fertilizer in vegetables.

Particularly nitrogen. You seeing blue sparks and flashes.

Also, these can be liberated from tissues by sudden or unusual exercise and hydration, and cause same thing.

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 1

14 hours ago, vonkrankenhaus said:

This is also a side effect from too much synthetic fertilizer in vegetables.

Particularly nitrogen. You seeing blue sparks and flashes.

Also, these can be liberated from tissues by sudden or unusual exercise and hydration, and cause same thing.

-VonKrankenhaus

In the Flying Phoenix system however this is a common indicator of advanced level of practice. 

Is it normal if I feel charged open being exposed to Sifus words here online? I forgot his name, the master of the school. 

I can also sense like a blue almost cyan at times, or with tiny cyan dots, energy emanating from you lot, especially sifu.

14 minutes ago, EmeraldHead said:

Is it normal if I feel charged open being exposed to Sifus words here online? I forgot his name, the master of the school. 

I can also sense like a blue almost cyan at times, or with tiny cyan dots, energy emanating from you lot, especially sifu.

You are referring to Sifu Terry Dunn.

You are better off asking on the thread itself or e-mailing him directly.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Earl Grey said:

In the Flying Phoenix system however this is a common indicator of advanced level of practice.

Do they have any other indicators?

What kind of development do they say the blue flashes indicate?

-VonKrankenhaus

5 hours ago, William. said:

How is FP different from other qigong systems? I exclusively do Zifagong or Spontaneous Qigong. 

It has unique qi and is one of the best pure healing forms of qigong out there. I did it alongside spontaneous for two years and moved to sleeping qigong and still continue Flying Phoenix after.

• Like 1