Sign in to follow this  
windwalker

taiji beijing

Michelle Gong, might be a good contact for those looking someone to help them find a taiji teacher
or new to taiji and wanting some lessons. She knows a lot of the teachers in the city 
as well as being an accomplished taiji player her self... 

a good friend and fellow taiji class mate. 

Michelle, Beijing Tour Guide, Taiji teacher 

Followed her dream as a young girl growing up in a small rural village in China.

She learned taiji as young  teenager,  traveling to the “temple of heaven” in Beijing to study under the taiji masters, and would later go on to win an international competition in 2009.  https://journeytoemptiness.com/2017/01/12/taiji-beijing/

can be contacted at http://www.tourguidebeijing.cn/

Edited by windwalker
  • Like 2

For those interested in the  "jan"   Michelle,  teaches movement and basic practices  using the "jan" that can help with

with balance. focus, and relaxation.   

2 hours ago, CloudHands said:

On the first vid, I'm shocked by the heel rotation move after the rest of the body. Is it done voluntary ?

why were you shocked :o   

6 hours ago, windwalker said:

why were you shocked :o   

Look at the back foot

[spoiler/]

She's not rotating on her heel but on her forefoot after she shifted her weight.

I'm used to the opposite.

Rotate on the heel

As the foot lay on the ground

The leg push, transmit to the waist

The waist rotate itself and transmit the power to the hand through the back and arm

As on this move your right hand is linked to the right foot, I'm surprised she doesn't start her foot up. Hm well, start up with her right foot down.

Edited by CloudHands

56 minutes ago, CloudHands said:

She's not rotating on her heel but on her forefoot after she shifted her weight.

I'm used to the opposite.

Rotate on the heel

As the foot lay on the ground

The leg push, transmit to the waist

The waist rotate itself and transmit the power to the hand through the back and arm

As on this move your right hand is linked to the right foot, I'm surprised she doesn't start her foot up. Hm well, start up with her right foot down.

The expression  of the from is different,  how she played is done for different reasons.   

Sign in to follow this