Sign in to follow this  
Lois

Spiritually practicing musicians

This topic amuses me a long time ago, and I wouldn't talk about it, if not happen to know that famous punker singer Nina Hagen was engaged in Hindu practices. What the hell are spiritual practices? What the spiritual topics she may be thinking? Many famous artists are trying to practice. But what this practices are at all? How they can be serious?
THEY CAN'T. I remember the footages as fag Moiseev went to pray for forgiveness in a Christian monastery. What the hell is a monastery, what he's going to do there? And so it is with all. They travel around the world, pester gurus, and guru feel bad about saying no - still talented, famous people. But will no one ever tell the truth, that it is a freak show, if for example Nina Hagen is doing some practices. Or the same Grebenshchikov.

It seems that such things as fame and fame can be a serious impediment for inner practice. And the people who involved in the show business environment get some vicious influence which most likely removes them from the desire to engage in internal practices. I guess so.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:27 PM, Lois said:

This topic amuses me a long time ago, and I wouldn't talk about it, if not happen to know that famous punker singer Nina Hagen was engaged in Hindu practices. What the hell are spiritual practices? What the spiritual topics she may be thinking? Many famous artists are trying to practice. But what this practices are at all? How they can be serious?
THEY CAN'T. I remember the footages as fag Moiseev went to pray for forgiveness in a Christian monastery. What the hell is a monastery, what he's going to do there? And so it is with all. They travel around the world, pester gurus, and guru feel bad about saying no - still talented, famous people. But will no one ever tell the truth, that it is a freak show, if for example Nina Hagen is doing some practices. Or the same Grebenshchikov.

So ?  Nina was training to be a Nun as well ... and an Opera singer  , cant she have a spiritual exploration

Besides .......    I am in love with Nina ... so you leave her alone ! 

15664794_303.jpg

:wub:

• Like 2

And some amazing spirituality comes from musicians !    If one is deep enough to understand them, that is !  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nungali said:

And some amazing spirituality comes from musicians !    If one is deep enough to understand them, that is !  

The explanation for this is very simple. You are not a spiritual person. YOU are not able to think about spiritual matters.

11 hours ago, Lois said:

The explanation for this is very simple. You are not a spiritual person. YOU are not able to think about spiritual matters.

The explanation for this is simple, that even though some may be spiritual, not all put it at the top of their priority list.  Aint no reason to make this about Nungali, for cripes sake.  That's just but putting a narrow minded stamp on your forehead, you just cant hold others to a standard you have in your head, you'll be disappointed every time.  Maybe try to hold oneself to such mythical standard instead!

I couldnt do both and had to prioritize - and I aint in any bands anymore.  Some friends were about as shocked as if I told everyone here I'm not going to do breathwork practices any longer.  But hey, performances and getting home at 3am are not conducive to cultivation, not when one has a normal day job, anyway.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, liminal_luke said:

Musicians aren`t spiritual?  That`s news to me.  

:) 

Dont tell Ravi Shankar

23 hours ago, Lois said:

On 2/21/2018 at 0:27 PM, Lois said:

fag Moiseev hasn't been the same since the Smiths broke up.

On 2/21/2018 at 11:27 PM, Lois said:

...   I remember the footages as fag Moiseev went to pray for forgiveness ...

Why Homophobic Russia Loves Gender-Bending Pop Stars

Recent laws and polls reveal an uptick in anti-gay sentiment, but paradoxically, Russians like their music acts as campy and flamboyant as possible.

Russia has never been especially tolerant, but it has lately taken a turn toward outright ostracism of gays and bisexuals. Holding gay pride events, speaking in defense of gay rights, or equating gay and heterosexual relationships can now result in fines of up to $31,000.

....    many of the country's most renowned musicians are (or appear to be) gay, bisexual, or cross-dressing.

...  Amico's personal theory, though, is that Russians simply need an outlet to escape the binary heterosexuality that's been imposed on them. The law says you can't promote gay rights, but you sure as heck can rock out to a indefatigable drag queen.

... Though they continue to be adored by most, some LGBTQ stars have recently become the targets of slurs.

A site on the Russian social network VKontakte calls Moiseev a fag and advocates raping him. YouTube videos of his songs are littered with homophobic comments.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/why-homophobic-russia-loves-gender-bending-pop-stars/278833/

giphy.gif

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2013/08/why-homophobic-russia-loves-gender-bending-pop-stars/278833/

But seriously, looking at Nina Hagen's photos, it seems that she really can't do spiritual practices since she looks like her state is far away from balance.
  • Like 1

Yes, one should make themselves look peaceful and holy and calm for a photograph so one can  look like they might be able to achieve a spiritual practice    ^_^

517X7GeYVRL._SY355_.jpg

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this