Sign in to follow this  
WuTien

Greetings

Hello The Dao Bums

Feels like home here already.

Almost like there's no use for words.

I've had many great teachers, one of whom was a priest of the Quanzhen lineage. who have given me insight into the mysteries. Not the most strictly disciplined here myself, but have a lot of knowledge.

Mystical experiences lead me to the Dao De Jing, and I am able to feel qi as magnetism between my palms.

Went to Naropa University in boulder, co where I got a degree in Traditional Eastern Arts, Concentration Tai Chi Chuan. That is also where I met the priest.

Im a quarter Chinese, my grandfather's jing. The Yellow Emperor's Y chromosome.

Excited to talk and meet people here.

• Like 2

Hello, WuTien and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi WuTien ,

Yeah, it sounds like you should have been here for a couple years already.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

Also welcome,

I'd love to find out what goes on in Naropa University. 

What'd you take, what it was like..? 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Marblehead said:

Yeah, it sounds like you should have been here for a couple years already.

Hi Dada-da,

I agree - WuTien is no greenhorn.

16 hours ago, WuTien said:

Almost like there's no use for words.

Wow - depth with few words.

Not the most strictly disciplined here myself, but have a lot of knowledge.

A lot of knowledge but with 'no use for words'? This calls for discipline - perhaps some fluidity in WuTien's case.

Im a quarter Chinese, my grandfather's jing. The Yellow Emperor's Y chromosome.

I wonder about his other three quarters - an assortment of other royal genes?

Will you agree with me that his Grandpa's yang jing is infertile without Grandma's yin jing? He can keep on examining Grandpa's jing under the microscope. But such an examination is futile if the cow does not come home.

Is WuTien a MCP?

1089242200-anna-ford-quote-hes-bonkers-hes-a-dear-old-fashioned-chauvinist-poor.jpg

- LimA

• Like 1

11 hours ago, thelerner said:

Also welcome,

I'd love to find out what goes on in Naropa University. 

What'd you take, what it was like..? 

Ones that closely follow this forums theme are Tai Chi, empty, push hands, and sword. Chinese calligraphy taught using breath into dantien as a cultivation and art method.  Taoism with Wu Dang Chen (Quanzhen priest).  some other classes I enjoyed were with a chinese medicine doc and naturopath which included anatomy, approaches to healing, and nutrition. Some religious studies, Zen, Shambhalla Buddhism. Some western psych classes, Jungian, and Dream psych.

9 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi Dada-da,

I agree - WuTien is no greenhorn.

Wow - depth with few words.

A lot of knowledge but with 'no use for words'? This calls for discipline - perhaps some fluidity in WuTien's case.

I wonder about his other three quarters - an assortment of other royal genes?

Will you agree with me that his Grandpa's yang jing is infertile without Grandma's yin jing? He can keep on examining Grandpa's jing under the microscope. But such an examination is futile if the cow does not come home.

Is WuTien a MCP?

1089242200-anna-ford-quote-hes-bonkers-hes-a-dear-old-fashioned-chauvinist-poor.jpg

- LimA

What's an MCP?

Im not sure the fertility is in the jing of grandma or grandpa, but in the way that brought them together.

The 3/4 yielding to the other 1/4 is what makes it great. As a large kingdom yields to the smaller. Puts pressure on the pearl.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WuTien said:

What's an MCP?

Hi WuTien,

I use MCP as a joke amongst friends. I realized now that it is a lapse on my part to use it on you as our paths have just crossed.

MCP = male chauvinist pig. If it appears derogatory to you, my apology.

The 3/4 yielding to the other 1/4 is what makes it great.

As a 25% Chinese, do you celebrate the coming Lunar New Year which falls on 16 February 2018 - The Year of the Dog?

As a large kingdom yields to the smaller. Puts pressure on the pearl.

Pearl of wisdom.

- LimA

6 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi WuTien,

I use MCP as a joke amongst friends. I realized now that it is a lapse on my part to use it on you as our paths have just crossed.

MCP = male chauvinist pig. If it appears derogatory to you, my apology.

As a 25% Chinese, do you celebrate the coming Lunar New Year which falls on 16 February 2018 - The Year of the Dog?

Pearl of wisdom.

- LimA

Well I am year of the pig. Yin Wood.

It is an observance but I don't have any particular celebration. Perhaps venerate the ancestors.

32 minutes ago, WuTien said:

Well I am year of the pig. Yin Wood.

Hi WuTien,

Phew! But spot on (33.3%).

33 minutes ago, WuTien said:

It is an observance but I don't have any particular celebration. Perhaps venerate the ancestors.

I am touched by your veneration of ancestors - remembering your roots (25% and the other 75%). A first chakra observance?

A very Happy Lunar New Year to you and all other oink oink's (yin/yang/wood/water/fire/metal/earth):

You are not a MCP.

- LimA

8 hours ago, Limahong said:

Hi WuTien,

Phew! But spot on (33.3%).

I am touched by your veneration of ancestors - remembering your roots (25% and the other 75%). A first chakra observance?

A very Happy Lunar New Year to you and all other oink oink's (yin/yang/wood/water/fire/metal/earth):

You are not a MCP.

- LimA

It is an observance found in many cultures..particularly in chinese culture as an aspect of Confucianism and folk tradition.

Sign in to follow this