Ryan94

Why do i feel lighter after eating a vegetarian diet, and grounded/heavy after eating lots of meat?

I have no clue. I would have thought both meat and vegetables both contain the same Jing and Qi.

Edited by Ryan94
  • Like 1

Meat is very "grounding" for the body, this can bring about a sense of "heaviness" which at times can be beneficial. All foods have different qualities of Qi and types of energetic density (Jing, Qi, Shen) and thus different effects on the body. 

Chicken qi is different that beef...though we can draw comparisons.  Cleanse and charge all of your food before consumption. 

Edited by StormHealer
  • Like 2

I am a vegan because meat and dairy make me tired. I have asked others, and it also makes them tired.

Einstein has mentioned that vegan diets are the most profound. Also, Daoists advocate it.

I love how I feel after eating vegan food.

• Like 2

The fats in vegan food are good fats, usually your body is absorbing bad fats with most commercial meats.

Ultimately I think raw vegan diet is the best:

9 hours ago, Arramu said:

You have weak chi so digestion is tough on you. Just my answer. I think vegan is nonsense. But too much meat comes with toxins which need to be purified.

Maybe the title wasn’t so clear. I feel actually ‘normal’ when eating meat. But when i’m on a strict vegetarian diet for a week, i feel like my body is ‘lighter’

You are noticing the different chi profiles between vegetarian foods and meat. :) 

What kinds of foods are you eating when you refrain from eating meat? And how much of your diet is raw? Please give some details.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, rainbowvein said:

You are noticing the different chi profiles between vegetarian foods and meat. :) 

What kinds of foods are you eating when you refrain from eating meat? And how much of your diet is raw? Please give some details.

A lot of my diet is raw. Lots of greens. I also mainly have vegetables as soups. I refrain from dairy, garlic and onions and I try to not have grains too.

what do you mean chi profiles? Sounds interesting.

12 hours ago, Ryan94 said:

Maybe the title wasn’t so clear. I feel actually ‘normal’ when eating meat. But when i’m on a strict vegetarian diet for a week, i feel like my body is ‘lighter’

Using Ayurvedic/Yogic parlance, vegetarian food without onions, garlic etc are sattvic in nature. They will make you feel light and you will find your mind is less disturbed and clear too. This type of diet is good for meditation and spiritual practices of a certain kind.

Nothing wrong in eating meat imho, just that Meat is tamasic (like alcohol, tobacco, etc) and will ground you. If you eat a balanced diet, you can stay balanced (all 3 gunas - Rajas, Tamas and Sattva).  

22 hours ago, Arramu said:

You have weak chi so digestion is tough on you. Just my answer. I think vegan is nonsense. But too much meat comes with toxins which need to be purified.

I think as people get older the effects of meat become more profound on the body. Children and athletes have strong chi, so i can see how meat doesnt effect them as much.

• Like 3

22 hours ago, MooNiNite said:

The fats in vegan food are good fats, usually your body is absorbing bad fats with most commercial meats.

Ultimately I think raw vegan diet is the best:

...for you, because you have too much earth energy.

Fat is earth energy, vegetables are wood energy. Earth and wood (or wind) are antagonists and they balance each other.

Basically you have two organs to burn energy either the spleen-pancreas (earth element) that deals with the sugars in the vegetable food to produce the energy or the liver (wood element) that deals with the fats from animal origin and produces energy.

You need both because you have both organs but some people are more active on the right side (liver-gall bladder/wood wind element) or on the left side (spleen-pancreas-stomach/earth element).

Ideally is to alternate the diet from sugar based (fruits-vegetables) to keto based (animal origin fats), this is the "natural way" the dao, yin yang alternating. If you go only on one side is like walking on one foot, which you can but is not natural.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MooNiNite said:

I think as people get older the effects of meat become more profound on the body. Children and athletes have strong chi, so i can see how meat doesnt effect them as much.

That is true too, because youth is wood phase of life while old age is earth and metal phase of life so of course you have to balance with more vegetables as you grow older to balance the earth/metal energy of your life.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, MooNiNite said:

I think vegan fats can be good -- or bad -- depending on which ones you choose.  Good ones include olive oil, coconut oil, red palm oil.  Bad ones, in my opinion, would be corn, sunflower, cannola, and anything generically called "vegetable oil."

Here`s some more about fats for cooking from a source I trust, paleo blogger Diane Sanfilippo. https://balancedbites.com/faqs-what-are-safe-cooking-fats-oils/ and https://balancedbites.com/PDFs/BalancedBites_FatsAndOils.pdf

Edited by liminal_luke

3 hours ago, Andrei said:

Ideally is to alternate the diet from sugar based (fruits-vegetables) to keto based (animal origin fats), this is the "natural way" the dao, yin yang alternating. If you go only on one side is like walking on one foot, which you can but is not natural.  

What about alternating by seasons?

Some small farms will have their "culling" in the winter and eat meat in the winter. But not eat meat during the summer, spring, fall.

• Like 1

Because in the winter the lung and kidney energy (metal and water) increase and the liver and kidney (adrenals) need more protein than in the summer and spring when you need more vegetables/greens/fruits.

In the ortodox christianity there are 4 fasts over the year, every fast/lent is in each season for several weeks. These fasts should be done so that you burn the fat and animal toxins accumulated through a vegetarian diet, then after fast you start gradually a meat diet. And the reason is that in between each season there is a period of earth energy that needs to be balanced through a vegetarian diet. Earth energy is the transition energy between winter and spring, spring and summer, summer and fall, fall and winter. In these periods the spleen-pancreas-stomach is more active while in the other periods are their respective organs , liver-gall-bladder, heart-small-intestine, lung-colon, kidney-bladder.

• Like 2

It remains possible to thrive surging with energy with no animal carcasses stolen from another being and consumed, nor the consumption of baby cow or sheep/goat rapid infant growth formula. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud

On 2/7/2018 at 6:26 AM, Ryan94 said:

I have no clue. I would have thought both meat and vegetables both contain the same Jing and Qi.

On 2/8/2018 at 0:32 AM, Ryan94 said:

On 2/8/2018 at 7:28 AM, rainbowvein said:

On 2/8/2018 at 0:49 PM, Ryan94 said:

A lot of my diet is raw. Lots of greens. I also mainly have vegetables as soups. I refrain from dairy, garlic and onions and I try to not have grains too.

what do you mean chi profiles? Sounds interesting.

Everything has a chi profile. You can't escape that. People, things, food, activities, places, and more.

Yin foods/herbs/activities/cultivation practices help you to feel grounded. Meat, grains, some tonic herbs (like schizandra), many tai chi or chi gong forms, walking in nature.

Yang foods/herbs/activities/cultivation practices may make some feel light, even ungrounded. Raw salads, light herbal teas (such as peppermint), sun salutations at dawn, spiritual teachings from achieved teachers, listening to a thunderstorm.

How is one going to head to the heavens if one is always grounded? :) (I saw your other post today.)

Strike a balance. 

I know a chi gung teacher who is vegan weekdays but eats fish and meat on the weekends.

I have experienced both lightness and heaviness in my cultivation. But it's the lightness that will carry me to the heavens. (I was a vegetarian but now include fish in my diet.) You will have to put up with some spaceyness if you want to progress spiritually. But in the end, It's all about finding balance.

Good luck :) 

Edited by rainbowvein
  • Like 3

On 23.02.2018 at 3:33 AM, rainbowvein said:

I know a chi gung teacher who is vegan weekdays but eats fish and meat on the weekends.

I also noticed for myself that it is best to eat meat 2-3 times a week. And more often I do not even want to eat it. However, in winter it happens that the body wants more meat, and also more fatty

I also crave meat mostly in cold and winter seasons. I believe, more helthier would be not to eat according to some scheme but eat according to urges or "cravings" similar as pregnant women do. 

You feel normal when eating meat, because that's the natural human diet. This is evidenced by the fact that vegetarian and vegan diets are lacking in certain nutrients (lysine amino acid, vitamin B12, etc).

In our modern age, you can learn what deficiencies there are and supplement them with a vegetarian or vegan diet. See if that makes you feel normal.

I'm a serious carnivore. So I have zero beliefs about plants vs. animals being better or more spiritual etc. as some do.

However if I eat meat consistently I feel heavier, and red meat consistently makes me feel "dark inside."

When I have had bouts of very little meat or cheese and more veggies, I feel much lighter inside, and have a number of subjective, anomalous perceptions I don't get with a lot of meat in my diet. Such as that with classical music, I can "almost" feel the tones "inside my torso" as if they are each a thin moving line of color dancing around.

Sadly, I don't much like veggies, especially detest green ("bitter dirt") things, I react to nearly all forms of grain, and carbs (from tubers and starches) make me miserable and fatter. So I pretty much have to eat meat, and only an occasional salad.

Still, I admit that my body feels differently depending on my food. I often fast -- although I admit my longest fast in the last few years is two weeks -- and I like that feeling as well.

On Thursday, April 26, 2018 at 9:54 PM, Bud Jetsun said:

comparative-anatomy-of-frugivore.jpg

Is this picture biased by any chance? The information presented is very one pointed in appereance, even thought eating the whole animal fully gives you what you need whereas plants alone kind of make you bold...if you catch my saying. Trying to honestly weight points here. ... Not to mention gut bacteria, the number 1 regarding most things, IMO