3bob

gain and or loss...

There is a lot of mystic type discussion about gaining something that often seems to be described under the term of attaining...and along with that subject it is also very human to wonder about losing something or to suffer the loss of those we care for.  Yet can any of us really gain or loose under the One being that the "One" can not gain more than the One or loose that which is under the One?  Anyway the whole dynamic of gaining and loosing in various ways drives us on, which brings to mind the saying by Jesus, “Foxes have their holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head” (or to gain truly satisfying rest)

just some rambling for any interested.

(ps. probably should have put this in the general forum)

thanks.jpg

Edited by 3bob
note
  • Like 2

on a side note most of us would not mind losing some weight if we're over a good BMI.

Existence will always be.. there are many types of denying, embracing, using finding.. understanding, measuring, loving.. abiding in peace or states of harmony..

The not self is only temporary..

The real self is here forever..

• Like 1

...sounds like a mixture of some Buddhist terms and others in your post Boundless-- Btw. I normally use the term and meaning of "Self" as it is found in the Upanishads;  then again I used a Christian quote in the OP ;)

(Dwai could you please move this thread to the general section?)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 3bob said:

(Dwai could you please move this thread to the general section?)

I don't have privs to move. Did you mean @dawei?

• Like 1

The 'One' or the whole (purnA) may have nothing to gain or lose (ever).  But,  then who is the one that generally gains and losses, is it the whole or the body/mind that identifies as 'I'? As long as this whole or one is obscured by the body/mind identification, there are going to be gains and losses --  for the body and the mind. 

How can the whole emerge out of the clouds or whatever it is that it's obscuring it? Something has to happen.  Something needs to be gained, or lost by the body/mind, so that it can get out of the way, right?  Whichever way I see, there is something to be gained or lost (effort to be made in some sense), until one reaches the destination.

On 2/4/2018 at 8:00 PM, 3bob said:

There is a lot of mystic type discussion about gaining something that often seems to be described under the term of attaining...and along with that subject it is also very human to wonder about losing something or to suffer the loss of those we care for.  Yet can any of us really gain or loose under the One being that the "One" can not gain more than the One or loose that which is under the One?  Anyway the whole dynamic of gaining and loosing in various ways drives us on, which brings to mind the saying by Jesus, “Foxes have their holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head” (or to gain truly satisfying rest)

just some rambling for any interested.

(ps. probably should have put this in the general forum)

thanks.jpg

The saying in question refers to a zealous man, proclaiming his willingness to follow the Lord anywhere. Jesus admonished him to count the cost. Outwardly homeless and yet, home at heart... "not of this world." "Come and buy of me gold, tried by fire..."

"Sell all your possessions, for that one pearl of great price..."

There is idleness in dynamism, and liveliness in stillness.

Oh the irony of forsaking oneself in order to gain oneself! Even God kills himself to be revived anew! Such misery in birth, such beauty in death. 

We've all robbed Peter just to pay Paul. The good news is, all debts are forgiven, thus nothing is ever lost.

Edited by neti neti