Ryan94

No more nonsense. Looking for a concise, simple, step-by-step, guide to open your chakras and cleanse the meridians

I’m not looking for platitutes or people yelling ‘go find a teacher’. I have read so many posts on this forum, and it is clear to me that there are plenty of people here who have opened their chakras up to their crown or third eye. I’m tired of reading book after book, listening to hour long youtube videos, practicing and feeling nothing, etc. But i won’t waste anymore time on ineffective practices anymore. Life is too short for that.

I’m looking for:

1. Someone to write a step-by-step guide to cleansing the energy channels.

2. Someone to write a step-by-step guide to opening the chakras.

I have the willpower, i have the time to meditate as long as I please. I am sorry if I sound like i’m asking for too much, but i’m fed up with wasting my time now.

—————

edit:

What I shall do every day:

1. Wake up when sun rises (varies on the day). Get ready to sleep when the sun sets.

2. No lustful desires throughout the day, no music, no watching tv, no sensual pleasures.

3. Lots of rice, yogurt, eggs, and red meat during the first three weeks to build up qi (jing), and strengthen my lower chakras. Afterwards a strict vegan diet of hot homemade soups.

4. Pranayama first thing after waking up.

5. Begin working out, toning my muscles, stretching and adapting to the lotus position.

6. Relax in the sun as often as possible, whenever it is sunny.

7. Something to open the chakras (please advise).

8. Something to cleanse the energy channels (qigong, pranayama, etc) (please advise).

Edited by Ryan94
  • Like 4

41 minutes ago, Ryan94 said:

I’m not looking for platitutes or people yelling ‘go find a teacher’. I have read so many posts on this forum, and it is clear to me that there are plenty of people here who have opened their chakras up to their crown or third eye, and dozens of posters here who have reached the first four jhanas (or at least the first two). I’m tired of reading book after book, listening to hour long buddhist youtube videos on the jhanas, practicing and feeling nothing, etc. But i won’t waste anymore time on ineffective practices anymore. Life is too short for that.

I’m looking for:

1. Someone to write a step-by-step guide to attaining the first two jhanas (first four jhanas if you’re accomplished).

2. Someone to write a step-by-step guide to opening the chakras.

I have the willpower, i have the time to meditate as long as I please and I see nothing wrong in just wanting to achieve jhana. I am sorry if I sound like i’m asking for too much, but i’m fed up with wasting my time now.

For the Jhanas I recommend Ajahn Barham's book "Mindfulness, meditation and beyond" but to get started do as much breath meditation as you possibly can each day, as in several hours. Keep at least the five precepts, eight is better. 

For the third eye keep your point of concentration at your third eye while doing breath meditation. 

*edit- you mentioned that you have a lot of willpower. This will just be an obstruction to jhanna, as jhanna is achieved through letting go which is the opposite of the will. 

Edited by dmattwads
  • Like 3

For samatha jhanas absolute Brahmacharya with no breaks whatsoever. It's all about chi. In buddhas time they would achieve hard first jhana in minutes, hours or 2-3 days at most. Nowadays normal people need to reach it with momentum, constant more than 1h daily of practice advancing little by little daily until enough momentum has been build for the mind to absorb itself onto the target, then chi requirements decrease once you enter the absorption states. 

Most people focus on the breath. I found it tratak to be fastest method to progress with me, but probably most chi costly, breath on the other hand builds more mindfulness. But healthy levels of chi naturally improve mindfulness. 

Basically the jhanas require hardcore vitality and mental strength. Take the first samatha jhana for example, whole body orgasm, whole body shoots dopamine! think how tirying it can be have orgasm on tip of genitalia only. 

As for focus, while on the target focus on mental silence. Like when you are scared, mind goes quiet. That, you need. And try not to 'push' / strain on your target. Concentration truly is absorption not drilling into bedrock with a diamond drill. 

Have a statement before every session that will snap your mind into focus mode immediatly. Like mind focus on the [object], mind stay with the [object] or mind find flow/interest in the [object], mind be with the [object].

Hope this helps....perhaps try not to concentrate chi into places in your system/bindus if you're trying to reach jhanas, you're already directing all your resources to the mind. 

Edited by Arramu
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, Arramu said:

For samatha jhanas absolute Brahmacharya with no breaks whatsoever. It's all about chi. In buddhas time they would achieve hard first jhana in minutes, hours or 2-3 days at most. Nowadays normal people need to reach it with momentum, constant more than 1h daily of practice advancing little by little daily until enough momentum has been build for the mind to absorb itself onto the target, then chi requirements decrease once you enter the absorption states. 

Most people focus on the breath. I found it tratak to be fastest method to progress with me, but probably most chi costly, breath on the other hand builds more mindfulness. But healthy levels of chi naturally improve mindfulness. 

Basically the jhanas require hardcore vitality and mental strength. Take the first samatha jhana for example, whole body orgasm, whole body shoots dopamine! think how tirying it can be have orgasm on tip of genitalia only. 

As for focus, while on the target focus on mental silence. Like when you are scared, mind goes quiet. That, you need. And try not to 'push' / strain on your target. Concentration truly is absorption not drilling into bedrock with a diamond drill. 

Hope this helps....perhaps try not to concentrate chi into places in your system/bindus if you're trying to reach jhanas, you're already directing all your resources to the mind. 

Thanks, you were one of the accomplished people I thought of when I made this thread.

the trouble is that when doing brahmacharya It is MUCH harder for me to be mindful. The same day or day after orgasm I am naturally calm and my mind is able to concentrate on emptiness. But after a few weeks of brahmacharya, the mind gets very energised, distracted and easily affected by outside influences (easy to get angry, anxious, full of lust, etc) and hard to get the mind focused on anything, let alone during meditation.

Also, are you saying jhana burns your qi, just like orgasmic sex? :( I heard trataka also burns qi.

Edited by Ryan94
Spelling

49 minutes ago, Ryan94 said:

But after a few weeks of brahmacharya, the mind gets very energised, distracted and easily affected by outside influences (easy to get angry, anxious, full of lust, etc) and hard to get the mind focused on anything, let alone during meditation.

Let these feelings become the object of your mindfulness and not seen as a distraction from it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dmattwads said:

For the third eye keep your point of concentration at your third eye while doing breath meditation. 

Shouldn’t you move from the lower chakras to the top instead of going straight for the third eye?

And what are your thoughts of Bhante Vimalaramsi who says metta, rather than breath meditation, is the better way to the jhanas?

2 minutes ago, Ryan94 said:

Shouldn’t you move from the lower chakras to the top instead of going straight for the third eye?

Hi Ryan94,

Please don't attempt this. Too short a cut - harmful.

- LimA

15 minutes ago, Ryan94 said:

It depends on the current state of your lower Chakras, but you gave me the impression in your OP of wanting a direct answer, so I gave you one. 

18 minutes ago, Ryan94 said:

And what are your thoughts of Bhante Vimalaramsi who says metta, rather than breath meditation, is the better way to the jhanas?

I have no thoughts on this, as I'm only sharing what I know. 

• Like 1

First of all:

1. No books

2. No reading

3. No accessing computer and watching TV and playing with smartphone

4. Attend a retreat with a teacher that will guide you

5. No expectations and I’m going to reach Jhana. Because that will block you automatically

6. Relax 110%. A tense body-mind cannot lead to jhana, even tension you are unaware of.

Question? Can you possibly attend a Vipassana retreat? A lot easier that way.

http://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/site/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Asian_Retreat_Centers.pdf

Make sure it is one that incorporates walking + seated meditation in equal parts.

Good luck. :)

• Like 2

Chakras don't open by rules or steps...  

They open by an operative word... being 'open'.

Try this:

1. Drop all judgments and believes about steps, needs, accomplishments, getting it done, expectations.

2. Go back to #1

• Like 5

Metta is of the nature of abiding 

Breath is helpful in finding release from binding thoughts and tensions 

The two cannot be separated in right concentration but concentration is a very misleading word - a stirred muddy glass of water is quite clear given a rest from agitation - the water and the mud have become concentrated - they have not been made into ice and Stone.

The concentration is in the increasing clarity - the nearness to samadhi - it is metta and no breath - but no breath is very misleading - it happens - not from a recipe - it happens - and then breath or no breath one is in no breath.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Try this:

1. Drop all judgments and believes about steps, needs, accomplishments, getting it done, expectations.

2. Go back to #1

If you are serious in your endeavor you will do this thousands of times - you will awaken when those habits have run their course.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dawei said:

Chakras don't open by rules or steps...

Hi dawei,

Are chakras opened through ripening and the ensuing sweetness comes as in the ripening of fruits?

But they are different from fruits - we don't know when they will ripen?

They have no seasons in the sun?

- LimA

Practice living compassion towards self and all living beings. 

This includes mindfully choosing ones thoughts and actions. 

Energy will flow perfectly all by itself, as the human willing/manifesting energy to shift locations will be temporary and a matter of constant upkeep if the lifestyle does not support the energy in those areas being utilized. 

Unlimited Love,

-Bud 

• Like 3

On 1/31/2018 at 10:44 PM, Ryan94 said:

8. Something to open the chakras (please advise).

I would recommend you some of si fu Matsuos stuff:

1. Kwan Yin magnetic qi gong set.

2. Kuji Kiri 9 hand seals.

3. Vajrasattva/violet sun meditation.

For some info look here  and for training materials go here ...

Best, Jox :)

• Like 3

Due to dependant origination.. you will find that there is always a direct way to do anything.. open chakras and find the Jhana's.. meditate etc..

So having said that.. it means our intuition is perfectly connected to the universe.. as we are hosts of the universe as well..

What Im describing is that there will be a certain concentration of energy and following it where it goes to have Jhanas..

The trick I use when Im lost is to ask your self how to do.. and then follow the energy of the answer.. 

• Like 2

Flowers do not open by seeking, or force.

They fall open... they dissolve open.

collapse open

unfolding

utterly effortless...

without notions, ideas, or desires

flowers unfold, exhaling in utter release

fall open and release

everything

and every non thing

that which remains...

Edited by silent thunder
removed a word
  • Like 8

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Flowers do not open by seeking, or force.

Man tries to open by seeking.

By forcing - will add to failing.

2 hours ago, silent thunder said:

Flowers unfold, exhaling in utter release

Man unfolds by inhaling whatever.

And the release is never however.

• Like 2

On 2/4/2018 at 0:56 PM, Boundlesscostfairy said:

The trick I use when I'm lost is to ask...

Where am I? Who am I? Why am I lost?

Then I relearn how to re-orientate myself.

It's really simple to be honest. It doesn't have to be very complicated.

First is an energy practice that helps work on the obstructions and to open chakras.

Next you need a meditation practice right afterwards.

The energy practice is kinda like tilling the fields for the planting of the crops which is meditation.

Meditation helps one to let go into silence the issues the energy practice hits upon.

It isn't about finding more and more meditation and more and more powerful energy practices. It is finding good ones and diving deeper and deeper into those practices.

I am also a big believer on working with emotions and learning to reside in that energy during the day. Much like Insight Dialogue and Michael Browns Presence Process.

If you would like some links to some meditation, energy practices and working with emotions please let me know.

Good luck,

Tom

• Like 5

I want to apologize for the posters here who are not giving you the straight forward guidance you originally asked for in this thread. Hopefully this helps.

Not sure how concise of a step by step process you're looking for, but I've read this to be pretty straight forward for Jhana absorption. http://www.buddhanet.net/pdf_file/know-see.pdf

Its a free pdf booklet authored by Venerable Pa-Auk Sayadaw from the Forest Monastery based on the Visuddhimagga view of Jhana. 

Also he had a student who wrote Focused and Fearless, which seems to be one of the best straight forward books on the subject. It will soon make it to my night stand for reading.

https://www.amazon.com/Focused-Fearless/dp/0861715608/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_rvw_txt?ie=UTF8

If I were to outline a (very) basic routine it would consist of:

Morning ritual of:

Concentration/Jhana meditation

Physical Exercise and stretching to open the channels and the other obvious benefits of physical exercise

Through-out the work day:

Stay in the moment, and treat your work as play

(Qi Gong, stretching, staying active if possible)

(Concentration can be improved when staying on task at work)

After work:

Back to the Jhana meditation and other meditations as you see fit

Obviously, a lot is open to interpretation and is meant for your own intuitive spin on the exact techniques. But generally, meditate when not at work, be in the moment at work (always), and don't forget about your physical body as well.

• Like 5

Chose one thing, and do it a lot. Either mantra recitation, or as others have mentioned, jhana meditation. Do it for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Learn from my mistakes - trying to do four or five practices at 10-15min each will give you slow progression at best. Best of luck man

On 2/10/2018 at 3:10 AM, Vajra Fist said:

Chose one thing, and do it a lot. Either mantra recitation, or as others have mentioned, jhana meditation. Do it for an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Learn from my mistakes - trying to do four or five practices at 10-15min each will give you slow progression at best. Best of luck man

Dont discount their usage entirely though, because a couple extra short sessions like that, when you're getting the hour+ in at night...I had excellent results with it.  Vigor in the early morning, catch 5-10 mid morning.  Catch 10-15 mid afternoon.  Catch a medium session after work.  Then the duration of the night session winds up being related to how much gung is amassed as practice progresses.  But also gung doesnt well develop before one has a habit of more than an hour per day in a single sit.  Two is more than twice as marvelous as one, and the extras during the day help reach two.

• Like 1

I had amazing results with the following:

10 minutes energy work

20 minutes meditation

Done twice a day morning and evening.

The practice should be something you can do and then get on living. Having to meditate an hour twice a day would be hard to maintain with family, work etc. but to each his own.

Good luck and all the best to you.

• Like 2