dwai

The Heart or the Mind?

The more I reside in the heart, the less I find the need to look for differences like "us and them". At one point I used to think it was necessary to be "discriminating", to be able to tell "the wheat from the chaff". But when seeing from the "heart", there IS no separation, all are ONE. 

Like Lao Tzu had said, "Most people laugh when they hear my words". What is this opening of the heart that is being talked about? That is a great mystery. One cannot understand it by using the thinking mind. 

If you replace Tao with Brahman, you will see they are not different. 

When the highest type of men hear Tao,
They diligently practice it.
When the average type of men hear Tao,
They half believe in it.
When the lowest type of men hear Tao,
They laugh heartily at it.
If they did not laugh at it, it would not be Tao.
Therefore there is the established saying:
The Tao which is bright appears to be dark.
The Tao which goes forward appears to fall backward.
The Tao which is level appears uneven.
Great virtue appears like a valley (hollow).
Great purity appears like disgrace.
Far-reaching virtue appears as if insufficient.
Solid virtue appears as if unsteady.
True substance appears to be changeable.
The great square has no corners.
The great implement (or talent) is slow to finish (or mature).
Great music sounds faint.
Great form has no shape.
Tao is hidden and nameless.
Yet it is Tao alone that skillfully provides for all and brings them to perfection. 

Translation by Wing-Tsit Chan (1963)

• Like 1

We are just present to the announcement of the heart, heed my call, there is an everlasting stream of inspiration, which you are receiving, so that you may relax and enjoy the ride. Who thought the thought first? It does not matter. We are both allowed to speak the words, and revel in the shared experience of the birth of new thought that has never been thought before. Again and again. Always new. Always flowing, fresh and pure. Always flowing thought to where it has never been before. Allong alleys, it may carve new pathways, which will grow into new streams, but for you and me, we always go forward, where no one has ever been. Together, we form the union to flow the water of our minds, further than it has ever been before. The joy of the mountains that meet, revealed in the rivers of life that quench the thirst of the splendours seed.

Forever we rejoice, in new sights of life, and new visitors of the sky. Knowing we had sparked it all, with the breath of our life. 

From the heart, we call forth the thunder of knowing and awakening, that shall always keep beating our heart into new pathways of life, we had never known possible, to be revealed into so many different colors of bright. 

Edited by Everything
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2018 at 11:46 AM, dwai said:

The more I reside in the heart, the less I find the need to look for differences like "us and them". At one point I used to think it was necessary to be "discriminating", to be able to tell "the wheat from the chaff". But when seeing from the "heart", there IS no separation, all are ONE. 

ONE is still a differentiation :)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dawei said:

ONE is still a differentiation :)

Yes agreed. But I find that it sublimates issues people have with me vs you, mine vs yours, and so on to a large extent. Perhaps better than "One" it would be "Non-separate".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dwai said:

Yes agreed. But I find that it sublimates issues people have with me vs you, mine vs yours, and so on to a large extent. Perhaps better than "One" it would be "Non-separate".

Better is, no word at all.  But I get we are talking and need a word :P

maybe, there is 'nothing'... or 'no-thing'...  yet there must be an observer to that no-thing.

It is a unified, connected, space void of nothing, no-thing.  

To reside with no-thing in a unified, connected space void of no-thing... is no-thing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dawei said:

Better is, no word at all.  But I get we are talking and need a word :P

Problems we have with syntax. Darned thing starts as soon as there is more than one 😜

1 hour ago, dawei said:

maybe, there is 'nothing'... or 'no-thing'...  yet there must be an observer to that no-thing.

It is a unified, connected, space void of nothing, no-thing.  

To reside with no-thing in a unified, connected space void of no-thing... is no-thing.

🙏🏾🙇🏻

• Like 1

How many times are you breathing in one day?

How many times is your heart beating in one day?

Have you ever counted your breaths or your heartbeat?

Gather your heart-mind in the number. Tie up the thoughts on the number. One must command the thoughts not to disperse, the intent not to be disorderly. The heart-mind and the intent depend on each other and move in unison. The sun rises and the moon descends. This is the heart monkey locked up in prison and the mind horse tied up tightly.

The ancient people said:

“The True Intent comes and goes, ceaselessly flowing and cycling.
The sun rises and the moon sets un-interrupted and un-forcefully.
Knowing and not safeguarding is Gong.
Spirit and breath are inter-dependent.
The breath and the thoughts are unified.
The intent must not be intermittent.
One must neither get attached to thoughts,
nor through non-action falling into emptiness; 
a state where nothing is being left.
Going past and beyond the centre is incorrect.
Going left or right of the center is wrong.

• Like 2