Mig

Honduras

How interesting to see that as I put "Honduras" in the search box, I couldn't find a posting on Honduras. Why Honduras? Oh well, if you check the news online or regular papers, you will see that little or almost nothing is said about Honduras so why not checking it out. I bet you very few people even know that Honduras is another banana republic. It is until you read the history of Honduras from 1907 till today that you will understand what's going on in that little country. Another reason for you to inquire is because there was a presidential election Nov 27, 2017. So far so good. That was the beginning of what many people knew about presidential election in those countries, i.e. fraud. This time it was unmasked and social media was aware and again, news didn't cover as much as they have done it with Venezuela or other countries that media don't want to cover, I guess, or may be they were told not to say anything about those little countries or $..holes. Who knows. Well this time, the elections were rigged big time and done pretty bad by the re-elected president that it was not possible to believe it will happen again. In spite of all efforts from the opposition I noticed little was mentioned from major newspapers around the world when this happened. It makes me think how media, fact and sensationalist news are manipulated for the interest of the most powerful. The surprise is that few countries recognized the new re-elected president of Honduras. Yesterday, the new president had his ceremony and again, that news is not covered as others especially the protests that had lasted already over two months.

• Like 3

Media is a tool that has been so perfected it is to me, nearing the over-honed.  It's a blade now so sharpened, it's beginning to not be able to hold its edge... or so it seems to me.  <shrug>  but waddo I know... :P 

I don't enjoy social media, but I've come to appreciate some aspects of it... like it seems to have the upside barometer quality of giving glimpses of the world, in a manner not utterly controlled by the major media corps.  Glimpses have repercussions.  Arab Spring comes to mind. 

While I was in hospital couple weeks back, I was talking at some length with Ronnda, one of the nursing assistants who would come in every two hours to do vitals checks.  She is a gorgeous older gal, long white hair and a radiant presence and smile.  She came here from Honduras fleeing an abusive relationship and the tone and poverty of the country in general.  She talked about the influence of American operations within her Government from long before she was born.

The American influence south of the border in particular, but around the world through the CIA is atrocious.   I have an Uncle who was CIA in the sixties... I met him one afternoon, in 86.  He'd been hiding in France since before I was born, when his 'division' was shut down suddenly.  We had one long conversation about the nature of the military industrial complex, the federal reserve and American Foreign Policy that utterly peeled my eyes from the history I was raised on... He spoke about the infusion of influence into foreign political structures, through cash.  He spoke about how, if cash didn't work, then simply shift to another pawn in their system, infuse them with cash and tech and stage a revolt from within, replacing the unwilling dictator with a pocket friend.   This stuff got my Uncle in trouble when he was publishing small pamphlets about it in the sixties and seventies.  Now, there's a film about it.  Confessions of an Economic Hitman.  Go figure.

Once influence over the government has been established, then companies cozy with the MIC can come in and begin raping resources whole sale, while using the people as little more than slave labor.  If the citizens try to unite, or go to their government for retribution, they are stonewalled by the pocket friend dictator of the month, or they are simply 'desaparecido'.  And the resources keep flowing.  Honduras is so stuck in this... I could see it in her eyes, the fierce love for her family and home and the resignation/reality of how things likely will continue to be in her homeland and many others.

• Like 5

That's why I said that trump needs to take down the deep state - not only for the USA, but for the whole world, especially the many, many countries that have been invaded in our name, by the treasonous deep state.

• Like 2

Isn't that interesting that almost 40 people died protesting in the past two months without weapons and typically individuals from impoverished areas. Those are the victims who paid with their lives and no one picture, no one video or news on that. Even here in this forum, when they talked about Venezuela, tons of postings on those news and now a country which is a military and economical strategic to exploit and provide more revenue to US is totally ignored. What's interesting is history repeats by itself, just like in the 1920's or 1940's as a reference. Read the Carlson letter and you will see how it had happened in the past and how it is happening today.  Presidential elections were rigged in 2009 and in November 2017 was more than obvious to witness a fraud that today is accepted as normal that it became insignificant news in most of the industrialized countries. After November 27, 2017 you could search Honduras news and it was found as the last news that it was hard to find. Clearly, most of the media is certainly manipulated by big money. I can't explain it otherwise.

Consuming media to me these last 10 years or so, seems like drinking muddy water...  I know I need water to quench my thirst but... this stuff they're offering is... tainted to say the least.

• Like 1

Aside the media, I find that Honduras is not an isolated case and still is down south, another US colony. Of course, when mass of people migrate from Honduras to the US then is a big problem, not to mention those who are illegals who live here is even worst. Interesting how news are twisted. I knew 40 years ago how media manipulated news and now is even worse and much more sofisticated. Today, since there is practically no ideology around the world, people don't even care and who knows how new generations will act considering they are a spoiled generation demanding for instant gratification. In God we Trust LOL