dwai

Connecting with Deities

if a person has a sincere enough request made because of a valid need for help or for activity of some kind in some way -as Spirit sees it, then a spiritual being/deity has to respond in some way or another to that call or they would then be breaking with spiritual laws of being.  (that they serve)

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jainarayan said:

How do you mean? I haz teh confyoozed. :P 

:)

I mean it is possible to literally taking someone along for the "ride" :)

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, dwai said:

:)

I mean it is possible to literally taking someone along for the "ride" :)

Oh!  :o Did not know that!  Now I do. :D

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Jainarayan said:

Oh!  :o Did not know that!  Now I do. :D

I'm being serious about it of course :)

• Like 1

17 hours ago, dwai said:

He loves to go visit Lord Vishnu too :)

If you can connect with him and hold on, he will take you to Vaikuntha to be in the presence of Lord Vishnu...

Sounds very cool.  How would you go about doing something like that?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dwai said:

I'm being serious about it of course :)

Oh, I know! ;) 

I've never been very much into dreams or interpreting them. My mother was a firm believer that dreams carried messages. And sometimes, but not always, I think they do too. Two cases...

1. I had a dream early one Sunday morning that my boss, who was also a good friend, mentor and subject of my hero-worship (I was 23, he was 40), had a car accident. It was not far from where we both lived. In the dream I saw him standing in the intersection wearing a hospital gown and looking very dazed. I was awakened by the phone, by a coworker who told me Tom (our boss) had a serious car accident the night before.
  2. One Saturday night, coming home from an alumni event, I had a pretty bad car accident (got cut off by some kids trying to beat traffic). My date and I wound up in the hospital. When I was deemed fit to be discharged I called my sister to come get me. It was now something like 5:30-6:00 Sunday morning. She told me she had a dream that startled her awake, that this very thing happened. She was pretty shaken up by the whole thing, especially that what played out was exactly as she dreamed it. 

So yeah, I think dreams do have meaning. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jeff said:

Sounds very cool.  How would you go about doing something like that?

By knowing there is no separation between two apparent beings, one could share one's presence with another. In such a shared state, when one connects with a deity, the person who is being "taken along" will also experience the deity's energy and often can "see" what the deity is showing.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Jonesboy said:

Dwai isn't talking about dreams.

More he is talking about something you can experience now, or anytime.

Oh! I'm a bit slow on the uptake. :blush:

• Like 2

On 1/23/2018 at 3:51 PM, dwai said:

how many of us have actually encountered any deity at all in a realistic manner?  Are deities mainly relegated to intellectual/emotional analysis and connection or are they actually divine beings with whom one can connect?

I think that would be a far more interesting topic to discuss. 

1. Can we connect to these deities?
  2. If so, what are some of the ways in which one can connect to a deity?
  3. share some experiences 

Once we get that, we can probably compare/contrast deities across traditions.

The way I connect and work with deities is energetically. I will think of a deity, focus on them for a few minutes until I sense their presence. I will then intentionally “connect”; IE reach out to hug them or touch them. All of this is done while trying to keep a blank or open mind. In other words I don’t conciously visualize anything - although images will pop up... this process is done more with a heart-intention and not a mental thing. 

To me, higher beings certainly exist. I can tell big differences between them - one example is Jesus energy is very balanced, and peaceful, while Shiva is a large and powerful presence. Female deities feel different, too. 

I have also had a few beings independently “visit” me back - which can be A LOT more intense when they initiate contact (and sometimes very unexpected.)

I’ve only had a few of these kinds of visits - maybe 5 over the last year.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, ChiForce said:

It depends on what traditions you are referring to.  Taoism?  Or Chan Buddhism?  There is this unspoken consensus that higher realized beings don't connect with you because you aren't in the same plane with or as them...because we assume all things originated from our minds, the one mind.  Such as the case, your mind can't perceive higher realized celestial beings because your mind has not become as such.  To see and to connect to them, you mind has to become as such.  

This explains why beings and dreams and visions I used to have in the past...aren't the same as now...I have made some significant advancement in my cultivation journey from 20 years ago...since the first day I have my kundalini energy rising experience.  Should higher realized celestial beings manifesting themselves before us regardless how our minds have become????  I am not the person to answer you this question..hehehe..  I think someone should ask the gods instead????     

Thanks for your reply.

i think they’re all in our mind too... we just don’t know how big our mind is 😀

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

The way I connect and work with deities is energetically. I will think of a deity, focus on them for a few minutes until I sense their presence. I will then intentionally “connect”; IE reach out to hug them or touch them. All of this is done while trying to keep a blank or open mind. In other words I don’t conciously visualize anything - although images will pop up... this process is done more with a heart-intention and not a mental thing. 

To me, higher beings certainly exist. I can tell big differences between them - one example is Jesus energy is very balanced, and peaceful, while Shiva is a large and powerful presence. Female deities feel different, too. 

I have also had a few beings independently “visit” me back - which can be A LOT more intense when they initiate contact (and sometimes very unexpected.)

I’ve only had a few of these kinds of visits - maybe 5 over the last year.

Share some experiences please :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fa Xin said:

Thanks for your reply.

i think they’re all in our mind too... we just don’t know how big our mind is 😀

That made me think of this lol

8c4317af7c3d536ebcf65bfdc4cc8f19.jpg

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, dwai said:

Share some experiences please :) 

Some of them are hard to describe, as a lot of energy type sensations and subtle feelings, but I've had a few that had a cool visual component to them.

One of the first times I connected with Shiva, I had a cool vision.  I found myself in a jungle like South America.  Dense rainforest.  I was walking around, looking at this stone-like temples.  Think Angkor Wat.  I knew Shiva was not in these places, though, and while they would have been fun to explore - I was just kind of there to see Shiva.  I came across a small pop tent that was in a clearing - and I knew Shiva was in there ... deep down I was just aware of it.  I walked over and opened the tent - and there was Shiva.  So I entered the tent...

Two things struck me as bizarre.  The first was that he was in the tent with 2 women - strange thing was I was one of those women!  For those wondering - I'm a guy... but apparently Shiva is so alpha male that we all turn female in his presence? I don't know... The second strange thing was that his presence was emitting these electric humming waves. Like if your standing to a very low bass woofer or standing next to a large electrical generator.  Not only could you feel the power, but you could see the air shimmering too.

I got the feeling he didn't want to talk, and I personally had nothing to ask him.  He was just sitting, chilling, in silence.  But all I wanted to do was sit in these electric humming waves that he was emitting...because with them I experienced a deep relaxing peace, like they were warm blankets.  This meditation lasted about 30 minutes.

I felt very large and powerful for the rest of the day - you could say I was still "inside of Shiva".  It was almost too much for me at the time and needed to ground myself afterwards.  But it was very fun, a cool experience.

Edited by Fa Xin
  • Like 6

Before we go further, how about listing if you were under the influence of drugs???  If you were, your experience could be a bit more magnified than they really are.  Most of my encounters are in my dream state, in astral projection.  I don't use drugs.  I can only offer what and who I saw and what knowledge was told or conveyed to me.  There was only one incident that my mind was connected to a physical Kwan Yin statue for a brief moment in a Buddhist temple in Westchester NY.  I sensed the pull or the energy.  That was it.  I have one near death experience (was about to get run over by a truck "deliberately" while cycling near my neighborhood.)  I ended up dong some Matrix slow motion feats without hitting the truck to the side.  Ended up coming to a complete stop and doing a track stand ALONG the side of the truck.  I think it was my yi consciousness and wai wu wai at work here...         

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 0:51 PM, dwai said:

1. share some experiences 

Once while meditating, I felt the strong presence of a woman, briefly saw her face, she was warm and had this "ancient vibe." I asked who she was and she said "Gertrude." She pushed me to let go, I started crying loudly, her compassion was filling my body, I was both in so much pain and so happy to cry. Then I felt like a rockstar for weeks and I can still see how this experience helped me months later.

Now I have a question for you guys who are more advanced at these things than I am. I have Googled her name "Gertrude" and she appears to be a Saint in Christianity. There is only so many deities, can they meet multiple people at the same time?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stovepipe said:

Once while meditating, I felt the strong presence of a woman, briefly saw her face, she was warm and had this "ancient vibe." I asked who she was and she said "Gertrude." She pushed me to let go, I started crying loudly, her compassion was filling my body, I was both in so much pain and so happy to cry. Then I felt like a rockstar for weeks and I can still see how this experience helped me months later.

Now I have a question for you guys who are more advanced at these things than I am. I have Googled her name "Gertrude" and she appears to be a Saint in Christianity. There is only so many deities, can they meet multiple people at the same time?

Hi!

Yes real divine beings can appear to multiple beings at the same time. In fact divine beings are, as they are divne, omnipresent. Where as lower beings cannot do that until they realized divinity themselves.

best

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ChiForce said:

Before we go further, how about listing if you were under the influence of drugs???  If you were, your experience could be a bit more magnified than they really are.  Most of my encounters are in my dream state, in astro projection.  I don't use drugs.  I can only offer what and who I saw and what knowledge was told or conveyed to me.  There was only one incident that my mind was connected to a physical Kwan Yin statue for a brief moment in a Buddhist temple in Westchester NY.  I sensed the pull or the energy.  That was it.  I have one near death experience (was about to get run over by a truck "deliberately" while cycling near my neighborhood.)  I ended up dong some Matrix slow motion feats without hitting the truck to the side.  Ended up coming to a complete stop and doing a track stand ALONG the side of the truck.  I think it was my yi consciousness and wai wu wai at work here...         

No drugs with my experiences. Also never really experienced stuff during sleep. 

Glad you made it out of the truck incident. I’ve had a few close calls too - it does seem like time slows down ...

• Like 1

Beautiful anecdotes, please keep them coming :)

let me share my story.

My first connection with a divine being was with Satya Sai Baba (who was not in corporeal state when I was first connected with him). My Master,  who is also a huge Baba devotee started connecting me to him.

i would see him in the inner eye while doing taiji at my master’s home and later at my home too. Eventually I started seeing him in these gigantic forms, like he was the world himself. 

One day I saw him enter my body through the crown point and settle down in my heart. In that instant I knew that he was not separate from me anymore. It was he who was looking through my heart at the universe. 

Fast forward several months from there, my master told me how he connects with others (from the heart/middle dantien). And the way I felt when Baba sits in my heart suddenly made sense. I started to experience unity with others, like I’d find myself in their hearts suddenly. Or I’d be walking and suddenly realize that I was walking on myself the road, seeing myself the dogs, people, trees, sky, and so on. 

there are a lot more stories, and yet to be given credits to fellow travelers (some are fellow bums here). But I’ll stop here now.

• Like 9

10 hours ago, Fa Xin said:

I knew Shiva was not in these places, though, and while they would have been fun to explore - I was just kind of there to see Shiva. ...

Two things struck me as bizarre.  The first was that he was in the tent with 2 women - strange thing was I was one of those women!  For those wondering - I'm a guy... but apparently Shiva is so alpha male that we all turn female in his presence? I don't know... The second strange thing was that his presence was emitting these electric humming waves. Like if your standing to a very low bass woofer or standing next to a large electrical generator.  Not only could you feel the power, but you could see the air shimmering too.

1. Actually I believe he is. Because he is all and in all, he is everywhere. As I say, he's in the grandest temple,the lowliest hovel or hut, the most depraved brothel (some people are shocked by that). As Brahman, how can he not be? ;)

2. Well, we believe 'God' is both male and female, and neither male nor female. If you're advaitin, then being Brahman (whether one's ishta is Shiva, Vishnu or Devi) we would of course be both and neither. aham brahmasmi.

3. Yes, his shakti: energy. 

• Like 2

Also in terms of dream encounters, I've been having them for a long time. First time was during an exceptionally difficult time. I got laid off for a while during the economic downturn of early 2000s. I decided it was a good time to start a serious meditation and taijiquan practice, along with pranayama etc.  As the weeks rolled into months, my despair at being out of work was growing. I prayed with all sincerity, asking for some divine help.

That night an unknown yogi came to me in a dream and gave me   a mantra to practice. I woke up and realized I had been chanting that mantra in my sleep. From that day it became my regular practice. Interestingly, within two weeks, I got a job. And though I've not seen that unknown benefactor after, the mantra has been a source of great love and peace to me.

It's been almost 17 years since then.  My personal connection to the deity of the mantra I realize goes beyond this lifetime.

• Like 7

I thought I add something here.  Anyone experiencing seeing familiar figures in your dreams or visions but they seem to behave and act in a way not consistent with reality?  Figures such as your high school teachers and friends and even further back?  Is even more astonishing that you haven't seen this people in your real life for ages, ages because you have moved or in another countries?  

I am big fan of the Star Trek Deep Space Nine series.  The protagonist, Captain Sisko, is an emissary for the Bejohrian Prophets.  He would regularly have these visions interacting with his crew members and yet none of them even act, behave, and speak the same manner as in the reality.  He was told that it was the way of the prophet to communicate to him using people and figures he knew in his real life.  

Interesting concept but personally I find it difficult to decipher these messages because the meaning of these vision would get clouded with my own personal prejudice relating to these past figures.  I just had one of these visions this morning..sigh.  I am like what??  I had a vision seeing my grade school teacher helping me and I saw myself interacting with my childhood classmates...their behaviors were consistent what I came to know them when I was 8 or 9. LOL.... 

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 2

One day a friend and I were doing a mediation session. We decided we will try to go to Neem Karoli Baba. He responded to our call, and we stayed in his presence for a while. We saw this infinite beam of light flowing through us (taiji pole). And then we saw two points on that beam and a sphere manifest between the two points. 

We understood that the beam of light was awareness and the two points as the duality. With duality manifested the field of appearances (or the world). We asked him non-verbally, what should we do with this knowledge? He indicated - "Dive into it and swim.."

• Like 2