Never Mind

Not Body...

I have followed TDB off and on for some time as a guest. So I decided to sign up now.

I really enjoy this site as a great source of information. It is like having access to a high powered research staff. And it is well balanced and not going off in any one dimension. I am a scientist by nature and schooling. It is fascinating to see the merging of multiple paths of inquiry and understanding. Only a few years ago some "science" groups were trying to discredit any approach to knowledge about the universe that was not by their proclaimed doctrine. Now it appears that science is developing the measuring tools powerful enough to observe what other traditions have discovered using "esoteric" practices.

My primary practice is Zhineng Qigong. I have been mostly focused on the health and healing aspects of Zhineng. I am now wanting to learn more about special abilities. I am also interested in encouraging more acceptance of the health and social benefits.

Edited by Never Mind
Grammar
  • Like 2

Hello, Never Mind and welcome.

Your membership is approved and we're happy you found your way to us. We look forward to accompanying you on some of the way that you still have to go.

Please take the time to read the post pinned at the top of this Welcome page and take a look at the forum Terms and Rules.   This covers all you need to know when getting started.

For the first week you will be restricted to ten posts per day but after that you can post as much as you like. Also, until you’ve posted fifteen times in the forums, you’ll be a “Junior Bum” with somewhat restricted access and will be allowed only two private messages per day.

Good luck in your pursuits and best wishes to you,

Marblehead and the TDB team

Hi Never Mind,

Good to have you.  Our resident scientist, Brian, is on vacation.  Hoping you can pick up some of his slack.

You are welcome to jump right in ongoing discussions, revive an older thread, start a new thread of your own, or start a discussion in the "Newcomer Corner" sub-forms to expand on your introduction or ask general questions to help you get started.

May you enjoy your time here.

Marblehead

• Like 1

On 1/23/2018 at 0:39 PM, Never Mind said:

Only a few years ago some "science" groups were trying to discredit any approach to knowledge about the universe that was not by their proclaimed doctrine.

Hi Never Mind,

I mind addressing you thus - kind of impolite. Sure you do not mind?

The "science" domain too have shortcomings of their owns in their (re)search for knowledge in terms of - ontology, epistemology and methodology. Also the personal attributes of the seekers/researchers are important e.g. insights, integrity, creativity...

Now it appears that science is developing the measuring tools powerful enough to observe what other traditions have discovered using "esoteric" practices.

I am not comfortable with the word "esoteric". To me it smells of some kind of ignorance/arrogance. How far/close is this word from experiential?

I am now wanting to learn more about special abilities. I am also interested in encouraging more acceptance of the health and social benefits.

Apparently you have already some basic abilities. The benefits in focus are good.

Welcome to TDB.

- LimA

• Like 1