3bob

"5 powers of Siva"

https://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=5286

excerpt:

"Five Powers of Siva: Sadasiva in the Agama Scriptures,   A Rarely Explored Form of Siva Reveals the Saivite Hindu Understanding of Divinity and Cosmology

The Vedas decree that god created the world, and it is true, he did; but that is a simplistic rendering of a mind-bogglingly complex event. It would be like saying a child grows from two microscopic cells. It is true. But looking deeper, both processes are exquisitely magical and complex beyond belief. The growth of two cells into a human being of 100 trillion cells is a process capable of bringing tens of thousands of scientists to their knees. Imagine, then, comprehending the evolution of the entire universe, from God and of God, filled with 100 trillion galaxies. But understanding God's acts of creation, preservation, dissolution, concealment and revelation is exactly what the ancient Hindu seers undertook, aided, they would say, by the Agamas, sacred texts composed by God Himself. With more than a little trepidation, we undertake to bring forth a summary of what they teach of God and His powers. We were taxed to do this, and we have no doubt the reader will be similarly challenged to comprehend it all, though we hope our several charts will provide an overview of some textual complexities. Still, this central and profound part of ancient India's understanding of our cosmos and our innermost being is well worth the effort. It will give the Hindu priest enhanced insight into the deeper meanings of the temple puja. It will give the advanced meditator new ways to explore the subtle dimensions, the superconscious mind of God within. It will give theologians grist for their philosophical and cosmological mills. It will likely give everyone else a headache..."

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, 3bob said:

https://www.hinduismtoday.com/modules/smartsection/item.php?itemid=5286

excerpt:

"Five Powers of Siva: Sadasiva in the Agama Scriptures,   A Rarely Explored Form of Siva Reveals the Saivite Hindu Understanding of Divinity and Cosmology

The Vedas decree that god created the world, and it is true, he did; but that is a simplistic rendering of a mind-bogglingly complex event. It would be like saying a child grows from two microscopic cells. It is true. But looking deeper, both processes are exquisitely magical and complex beyond belief. The growth of two cells into a human being of 100 trillion cells is a process capable of bringing tens of thousands of scientists to their knees. Imagine, then, comprehending the evolution of the entire universe, from God and of God, filled with 100 trillion galaxies. But understanding God's acts of creation, preservation, dissolution, concealment and revelation is exactly what the ancient Hindu seers undertook, aided, they would say, by the Agamas, sacred texts composed by God Himself. With more than a little trepidation, we undertake to bring forth a summary of what they teach of God and His powers. We were taxed to do this, and we have no doubt the reader will be similarly challenged to comprehend it all, though we hope our several charts will provide an overview of some textual complexities. Still, this central and profound part of ancient India's understanding of our cosmos and our innermost being is well worth the effort. It will give the Hindu priest enhanced insight into the deeper meanings of the temple puja. It will give the advanced meditator new ways to explore the subtle dimensions, the superconscious mind of God within. It will give theologians grist for their philosophical and cosmological mills. It will likely give everyone else a headache..."

:) The most complete view of the mechanics of creation are in two systems - Samkhya and Saivism. If you read the Shiva Sutras - The Supreme Awakening by Swami Lakshmanjoo you will find a wonderful discourse on creation and manifestation. 

That however doesn't mean Vedas don't have them. It is all there in the Upanishads too. Only reason why most people don't know this is because the primary upanishads don't deal with cosmology. They deal with liberation. 99% of people who write about this topic haven't read the Upanishads properly :) 

• Like 2

agreed, and obviously because of both the quality and quantity of volumes of information and teachings people would need to be spiritually assisted by higher forces for most of us to even scratch the surface of the material!!  (yet and amazing it is that the Self could be said to be simple beyond any measure, although with the term simple or any other term never being able to nail it down)    

Btw, in the other thread on "merging" I warned about idealistic ideas concerning merging, and below is a short excerpt I picked out to help explain why: (with highlights by me)

"Siva, in His fullness, is supreme consciousness with the effulgence of trillions and trillions of suns. Should that intensity be directly manifested, the worlds would be incinerated, and thus there exists a gradual descent of His presence...." 

- with "directly manifested..." results as described in this context being about the same as directly merging for an unprepared individual...

Edited by 3bob
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, 3bob said:

agreed, and obviously because of both the quality and quantity of volumes of information and teachings people would need to be spiritually assisted by higher forces for most of us to even scratch the surface of the material!!  (yet and amazing it is that the Self could be said to be simple beyond any measure, although with the term simple or any other term never being able to nail it down)    

Btw, in the other thread on "merging" I warned about idealistic ideas concerning merging, and below is a short excerpt I picked out to help explain why: (with highlights by me)

"Siva, in His fullness, is supreme consciousness with the effulgence of trillions and trillions of suns. Should that intensity be directly manifested, the worlds would be incinerated, and thus there exists a gradual descent of His presence...." 

- with "directly manifested..." results as described in this context being about the same as directly merging for an unprepared individual...

3bob,

As someone that has never merged with such a being I would ask that you please stop with the fear mongering.

Telling people that connecting or merging to the divine might lead you to explode or be incinerated is a little rich :) 

The Divine are there to help and have natural compassion. They are not there to set people on fire.

• Like 1

I will not stop factual mongering...btw, I personally have experience of idealistic ideas being misapplied.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 3bob said:

I will not stop factual mongering...btw, I personally have experience of idealistic ideas being misapplied.

You have no facts.

Also, nothing is idealistic, that is a concept. What has been offered in demonstrable anytime to anyone. Which would move it from a concept to a realization, a demonstrable realization that others can experience.

That is, if they are not afraid that Jesus or Shiva will incinerate them o.O

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The intensity of sincere desire with which one wishes to know their deity is commensurate with the intensity of the "merge." Indeed, the direct manifestation of this experience is enough to melt one's world as one knows it.

Nonetheless, regardless of whether it be the consuming divine radiance of Siva or Christ's immersive baptism by fire, "God" will never give more than one can handle.

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, neti neti said:

Nonetheless, regardless of whether it be the consuming divine radiance of Siva or Christ's immersive baptism by fire, "God" will never give more than one can handle.

Very nicely put. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 3bob said:

While I agree with your quote, directly manifested is not at all the same as a merge (at least the way I describe it). Directly manifested would be a complete overwrite of the light body, and to directly manifest Siva at that level would be like replacing the entire universe.

But, to your point in general, I agree that if you actually have the ability to merge, then for those with the capacity to "hold it" there is some potential danger.  Real divine beings will only give you what you can handle, but some beings, like Angels, are more like infrastructure components with no auto shutoff. Almost totally fried myself with an Angel once, and that manifestation would have been good for at least one Sun (not trillions and trillions :) ).

• Like 2

Well said Jeff.

And it's true that "God" has built in protection so to speak... but there are lots of (factual) accounts where people went overboard in various ways, something I've "idealistically" done myself.

• Like 3

anyway this thread is not really about merging except as a tangent which I brought up...

• Like 1