futuredaze

Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies

On 6/17/2018 at 9:41 PM, Starjumper said:

The one cent initial coin offering has ended, they are all sold out, and unlike bitcoin, they aren't making any more coins.

Last night I was surprised to find out that there are 4338 cryptocurrencies available in the world so that makes it seem like the prognosis for any one of them is not so good.  However, those that are backed by some gold do seem like a better deal.

On 12/8/2018 at 6:17 AM, Owledge said:

So, half a year has passed and I see Karatgold Coin is indeed doing great so far. Grew 5%, from 1 cent to 1.0161 cent. Surely it's gonna skyrocket to its "guaranteed" 500 cent value shortly before end of 2020, haha. (Is there a hindsight joke hidden in there?)

Just wondering why it's at one cent when that was only the special early-bird intro price (that surprisingly got extended) and others were supposed to get it for a much higher price. They'd be a long way off before leaving the red. Well, the bright red.

African gold mines aren't profitable anymore, so people come up with wacky ideas of how to still make use of them.

Ironically, it's the principle of diminishing returns at work, just like with mining of remaining Bitcoin.

Funny what parallels we discover in the area of mining, between physical and virtual.

So yeah, this is an I-told-you-so to show the gap between fools falling for very transparent sleaze and 'wise fools' who tend to still suffer from not following the majority folly of humankind. Specifically about the Karatgold Coin mentioned here that I facepalmed about so hard, after its initial value of 1 cent and that joke of guaranteed-500-cent, its current value is 0.38 cent.

On 6/17/2018 at 11:02 PM, thelerner said:

Being a speculation play is not what Alt-currency is about, and those that are will ultimately not be the top contenders.

But you yourself then mentioned marketing and popularity. Wasn't/isn't it predictable that the old-system greed through speculation play is what establishes one for the wider public?

If there weren't large speculative gains to be made, 'no one' would give a damn about Bitcoin. This is what always bothered me about crypto currency. It builds so much on the old paradigms, supercharges greed, spreads the bankster mentality to the masses. All that is not progress but another embracing of the technocracy's 'solutions' offered to manage the problems created by it.

It is actually very frustrating for me now because my psychological torture situation continues when I could in theory have had the means to escape it by now, and in retrospect there were traits that might have allowed me that, but those were/are on the mental side, and I always had the heart's voice disagreeing with the constant stream of cringy sleaze connected to the topic. (Too great imbalance in support of a better way, burned myself out while the fools lolrofled all over the place and created the mess we have today.) Never did anyone recommend crypto investment to me who didn't come off as a robot brain and/or drug addict. And that it is now a primary topic of spam e-mail is also quite telling. Plus, the people feeding the masses with speculative crypto profits aren't exactly beacons of hope either, at least not for the spiritually enlightened.

The world disgusted me and tortured my ability to compromise with the madness for selfish (but essentially necessary) purposes away. If I traveled back in time with the knowledge I have today I probably would have invested in Bitcoin but with the same or even more contempt for the system and only seeing it as a saddening necessity to get a minimum, healing distance from the freak show that torments me every day through immediate proximity.