Jonesboy

Merging and guruyoga

1 hour ago, s1va said:

How does one merge with vajra body/mind? Care to expand, what it means and how is it practiced?

Practice vajrayana of course.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Apech said:

Practice vajrayana of course.

Yes.  Any insight on how it compares to the merge and guru yoga discussed on this thread?

5 minutes ago, s1va said:

Yes.  Any insight on how it compares to the merge and guru yoga discussed on this thread?

that's probably another thread (possibly)

• Like 1

On 2/8/2018 at 5:08 AM, Jonesboy said:

Have you ever tried to feel it when not in physical contact?

Actually, I feel it before physical contact, and try to balance what I'm experiencing in contact with an awareness of it.  Something like that.  Dancing when contact is possible inspires me to stretch and breathe as naturally as possible, and more so dancing with contact that is spontaneous and continuous (good god!).  Many nights staggering the mile home past midnight, many good friends and some total strangers that I feel I share something special with.

The dark sun part has only entered in on the dance floor so far, probably because of the extent and duration of the simultaneous stretch and relaxation.  Not there in the five day sesshin I did last fall, but the lotus is where I learn how to make changes that bring less exertion and more relaxation.  Reminds me of something Kobun Otogawa said in response to a question one time--something like, "when we get up from sitting, that's all for fun!"  Dancing is sure like that for me, almost like a place where I can put the pedal to the floor with everything I've experienced on the cushion and leap beyond.

May I offer a song!

• Like 1