Sign in to follow this  
Phoenix3

How do you know when you have opened a chakra?

I think there are different ways we can look at and work with chakras.

I'll share one perspective.

Each chakra is associated with specific energetic characteristics, this can vary a bit by tradition.

When there are blockages associated with a chakra, one will manifest negative or samsaric characteristics associated with that chakra. When the blockages are cleared, one will manifest positive or enlightened qualities associated with that chakra. This will come through in our dreams, in our daily conduct, our meditation practice, and so on.

One example is the throat chakra - when blockages are present there the speech will be filled with complaining, dissatisfaction, criticism, and so forth. Not only the audible speech but the internal narrative. When cleared or open, the speech will be loving, caring, supportive of others, and the internal chatter will be gone or at least far less active. 

• Like 4

My orientation is the internal path, "can I return to stillness, light, in the deep-center of which-ever-chakra-here?".

If I can do that, and to the degree that I can do that, then:

1. it helps refine whatever I've got goin' on

2. It's incentive towards virtue.  It *feels* right and balanced to be centered and to connect with the universal ... when I'm expressing poorly it tends to throw me off of that.  I value that inner connection and so I re-seat myself into the center.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this