Jessup2

Already Tired of Ignorance

I joined up not long ago, hoping for some feedback and to learn from practitioners.

I have been seriously disappointed in most of the banter and feedback here. What a bunch of clowns. What a bunch of wishful thinkers that have no answers and don't take any of this seriously. You know who you are.

For those who are trying and practicing, and to the moderators, you need to start booting people out of here that are just jerks and freaks. This is creating a hostile and negative environment for people who are trying to accomplish things. They are negative, stuck up, argumentative, retarded at times, totally insane in many ways, totally stuck in time and space without any clue or any helpful advice. Yet they clog up the threads with nonsense and narrow-minded foolishness. There is no enlightenment, no support, just a bunch of clowns.

I bow out of your site. I hope you make some improvements and start to steer and direct how the discussions and flow of information goes.

Stay fluid, peace to you. And the rest of you, I hope you get the medication you so desperately need.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Marblehead said:

If no one else pleases you I guess you just gotta please your self.

Obviously that was what he expected here, and got bitterly disappointed. 

• Like 3

Being tired of ignorance is a great thing. Now we can work on dispelling it. :)

• Like 7

What we perceive about others 99.9% of the time is much more a statement about ourselves than it is the others.

Jessup, if you read this don't just take it as a flippant comment to your post. Please really consider it, since knowing it helps us gain wisdom in life and on the spiritual path.

• Like 3

I was actually trying to help "Jessup2" understand some points about Daoism that would pop some of his biology studies into a more useful perspective if he was trying to understand how to apply these thing to qigong or neigong.

But if I say "qi is not a substance" - he thinks I mean qi is therefore mystical or spiritual, not open to "science".

He must believe qi is a substance he will find with better equipment.

"Literacy" is not a substance. It also not mystical or spiritual. But is open to "science".

So, this is like scientists looking for Dao like it is a place they can go.

When science cannot find that "place", they say no such thing exists, it's "mystical bullshit".

So I just say "no, nothing mystical - it's just not a "place".

-VonKrankenhaus

• Like 6

I confess everything.

I guess it's time for me to gather my things, mount the clown car, and pedal back to the freak circus then. The name of the circus reads THE DAO BUMS in big glowing neon letters above the circus tent, but there is plenty of space and everyone is welcome to enter and leave as they may.

"Ahoy! See the semen retentioners and Taoist magicians..."

EDIT: Seriously enough, you certainly lack patience and professionalism. Did you really imagine everything would work out just fine without challenges? You need to have an open heart to make inspections without prejudice and not get involved in perceived negativities.

Science is a demanding approach and not for everyone, so it will take time before you reach out for the right people and generate the level of discussion and peer review you desire. It really cannot be hurried, I am afraid. Kudos to you for trying at all.

Edited by virtue
  • Like 5

Well what you say is true of everything in life - there are pretenders and phonies.

But at least this forum is a place where people write because they care.  ANd not just to impress others or boost ego.

• Like 6

When things don’t match our expectations, we tend to get a bit disappointed in them. 

If we have no expectations and take things openly as they arise, much can be learned. 

Good luck on your journey. 

• Like 9

14 hours ago, Taomeow said:

You mean, what a spectacular display of emotional intelligence? 

image.jpg

Hi!

Being a catlover......i love that picture.....really funny!!

best

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Jessup2 said:

I have been seriously disappointed in most of the banter and feedback here. What a bunch of clowns. What a bunch of wishful thinkers that have no answers and don't take any of this seriously. You know who you are.

I'm sorry to hear your disappointment. This forum, like all things Internet, is filled with a wide variety of subscribers. Some are formal and disciplined while others are informal and undisciplined. In time you will get a feel for each person you interact with and will learn what to expect from them. Even the most undisciplined person has knowledge to share. Conversely, even the most disciplined person can be wrong.

My advise, which you are free to ignore, is to be very specific with any questions you ask. This will help others understand what kind of responses are and are not acceptable. If you are unsatisfied with a response then let the poster know in a respectful manner.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, virtue said:

I guess it's time for me to gather my things, mount the clown car, and pedal back to the freak circus then. The name of the circus reads THE DAO BUMS in big glowing neon letters above the circus tent, but there is plenty of space and everyone is welcome to enter and leave as they may.

I am so glad I put my coffee down BEFORE I read this! ;=)

• Like 4

12 hours ago, virtue said:

Actually, its the other way around, friend.

14 hours ago, virtue said:

Science is a demanding approach and not for everyone, so it will take time before you reach out for the right people and generate the level of discussion and peer review you desire. It really cannot be hurried, I am afraid. Kudos to you for trying at all.

Tbh, I find this place so full of insightful people I don't really understand why OP was so frustrated. I feel it must have been because he has pretty specific expectations of this space

Sidebar: I am a damn fickle person with unrelentingly obscure interests trying to make it producing music and honestly if you just replace the word science with "being my authentic self" this quote would pretty much sum up my life heheh. Oh man

Edited by westenra
  • Like 5

20 hours ago, Jessup2 said:

I joined up not long ago, hoping for some feedback and to learn from practitioners.

For those who are trying and practicing, and to the moderators, you need to start booting people out of here that are just jerks and freaks. This is creating a hostile and negative environment for people who are trying to accomplish things. They are negative, stuck up, argumentative, retarded at times, totally insane in many ways, totally stuck in time and space without any clue or any helpful advice. Yet they clog up the threads with nonsense and narrow-minded foolishness. There is no enlightenment, no support, just a bunch of clowns.

I bow out of your site. I hope you make some improvements and start to steer and direct how the discussions and flow of information goes.

Stay fluid, peace to you. And the rest of you, I hope you get the medication you so desperately need.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

I thought this was a dating site!! like farmers only, them city folk just don't get it. On Tao bums you get some tao and zen.

I feel sorry that everyone swiped left for jessup. Looking for jerks, freaks and clowns is a bad profile to hook up for a good time tao and zen.  Good luck on the search maybe a circus site would be a much better fit for jessup.

5 hours ago, westenra said:

Tbh, I find this place so full of insightful people I don't really understand why OP was so frustrated. I feel it must have been because he has pretty specific expectations of this space

We don't see the world as it is, we see the world as we are. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Wu Ming Jen said:

I feel sorry that everyone swiped left for jessup.

On my phone swiping left places an email in archive storage. I hope archive storage has a bathroom, otherwise things could get pretty ugly...

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Taoist Texts said:

Actually, its the other way around, friend.

Semen magicians and Taoist retentioners? :P

• Like 7

On 1/10/2018 at 2:24 PM, Jessup2 said:

There are those whom come in and look around and start slowly, humbly and calmly peeling back layers.  Then, there are those, that come in hammer and tongs, with their glass full and wonder why things don't turn out the way they expected.  All of those layers are an arrogance screening apparatus of sorts.

• Like 1

On 1/10/2018 at 5:24 PM, Jessup2 said:

I have been seriously disappointed

That's as honest and real as it gets :)

That's why you need to be here, among the jerks and freaks... 

And  I love this line:

There is no enlightenment, no support, just a bunch of clowns.

First point is true enlightenment itself... the rest is...

• Like 1